What's new

Cricket

We dropped some catches and some decisions went against us else it would have been a comprehensive victory of at least 50-60 runs.

A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN. what happens is part and parcel of the game so no use delving in it.

ICC agrees to convert Oval Test result into draw: PCB sources

KARACHI: In a moral victory for Pakistan cricket, the ICC has agreed in principle to convert the result of the 2006's controversial Oval Test between England and Pakistan into a draw from a forfeited win for Michael Vaughan's men.

"The decision was taken at the board meeting on Wednesday with Pakistan pressing for the authorities to convert the result of the Oval Test result," sources in the Pakistan Cricket Board said.

The Test was awarded to England by umpire Darrell Hair after Pakistan did not come out to field, following accusations of ball-tampering, in the post tea session on the fourth day, making it the first forfeiture in the history of Test cricket.

"Members of other Boards supported us in our stand that the result should be officially changed to a draw as an ICC adjudicator later found Hair guilty of not behaving properly during the entire episode," they said.

"The Board agreed the result should be a draw," the sources added.

The source said the ICC agreed to change the result after Pakistan pointed out that Hair had been suspended by the ICC later on because of the incident.
2 Jul, 2008 1622hrs IST, PTI

:yahoo:

pakistan all the way we just need to change assss hole shoaib who dont know how to make a team gell with each other his decissions are very wrong we need a cpt which can play a team which of those players deserve to play

not like players of

kamran and wahabs caliber

I may consider playing for England - Kaneria

Pakistan cricket

I may consider playing for England - Kaneria

Cricinfo staff

July 18, 2008

Danish Kaneria may turn his back on Pakistan © Getty Images

Danish Kaneria, the Pakistan legspinner who is currently playing county cricket for Essex, says he will consider switching alliances to England if he is not selected for the Pakistan national team.

"I may consider playing for England at one stage if Pakistan are not picking me," Kaneria told the Gazette. "I am 27 and a proper leg-spinner gets his real class when he is 32 - Shane Warne got to his 30s and was bowling out every team, so I have plenty of years to go."

However, he was still undecided on his next move. "I don't know what will happen and will see how Pakistan cope with me," he said. "If England wanted me to play and do something for them I would think it over."

Despite the fact that his name does not figure among the 30 probables for the Pakistan squad ahead of the Champions Trophy in September, Kaneria remained optimistic of a recall to the one-day team. "I didn't hear anything from Pakistan. I'm doing well and taking wickets and would like to play one-day cricket for Pakistan again," he said. "I have not given up and want to get my place back in the team. I play well in each form of the game but when Pakistan don't pick me it is up to the media to ask the selectors why."

A spokesperson from the England board told the same newspaper that Kaneria would be eligible to play for England if he satisfies two clauses: he gains British citizenship (which requires him to have spent at least seven months annually living in England over a four-year period) and that he does not play for and in Pakistan (at the domestic level) during that time.

Kaneria has not represented Pakistan in the current season, and had been reprimanded by the board in April for criticising them after he was demoted to category C among Pakistan's centrally contracted players. He was in the Pakistan team in their most recent Test, against India in December, and made the last of his 18 ODI appearances in the 2007 World Cup.

© Cricinfo

One can understand his frustration he also did get picked in IPL hence lost on money too.

I think he needs a serious improvement in his fielding. He is too far from comparing himself with Shane Warne. I don't feel his place in one day squad. I think its his frustation.

even england dont want him saqi is waitting for his chance he is far greater than kaneria

Kaneria admits he wants to play for Pakistan not for England in an attempt to clear his earlier remarks. But i dont think he is coming back.. i think he has joined the ICL.

Champions Trophy 2008

India backs Pakistan as Champions Trophy venue

Cricinfo staff

July 23, 2008

The ICC board's discussion - via a teleconference on Thursday - on the issue of Pakistan hosting the Champions Trophy is likely to see India resist any move to change the venue, though there is a growing fear of top players from non-Asian countries pulling out. The ICC will take a final decision which, if it cannot be reached via consensus, needs a 7-3 vote.

The Indian board sees "no harm" in Pakistan hosting the tournament in September, Niranjan Shah, the BCCI secretary, said on Wednesday. "We are supporting Pakistan as the venue of the Champions Trophy," Shah told Cricinfo. "Our Indian team had taken part in the Asia Cup without any incident. Besides, the report of the ICC's security consultants, which was presented during the briefing in Dubai (on Sunday) was positive. So the BCCI sees no harm in Pakistan hosting the tournament."
However, it's understood that if there is stiff opposition to playing in Pakistan, especially from England, Australia and New Zealand, and the ICC reiterates its inability to provide any safety guarantees, the Indian board may suggest that the tournament be shifted to Sri Lanka, the official alternate venue.

Duleep Mendis, the chief executive of Sri Lanka Cricket, had told Cricinfo earlier this week that his country was "very confident" of hosting the event if it was moved out of Pakistan. Apparently, Indian officials believe that the current security climate in Sri Lanka, where India is currently playing a Test series, is peaceful and conducive for hosting the tournament.

Another option that may be discussed during Thursday's teleconference is postponing the event, even though Haroon Lorgat, the ICC chief executive, said, "We are trying our best to hold the tournament as per schedule and hope that it is not postponed."

As of now though, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are learnt to be firmly behind Pakistan, the official host, which also seems to have gained the support of Cricket South Africa, even as players' associations from England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa have warned of a pullout by cricketers who fear for their safety.

"We must give Pakistan every opportunity to host the tournament to the best of their ability," Norman Arendse, the president of Cricket South Africa (CSA) told Independent Online. "I'm inclined to support Pakistan's hosting of the tournament. I know it might sound easy for us as administrators to make such decisions as we stay home while the players go to Pakistan, but I assure you it is not so."

However, Tony Irish, the chief executive of the South Africa Cricketers' Association (SACA), said that there was a possibility of top players from his country pulling out of the tournament if it went ahead as scheduled (from September 11) in Pakistan. "I can't confirm this, but yes, there could be some players pulling out," Irish told Cricinfo.

Irish said that the players reiterated their concern at touring Pakistan after the SACA reported back to them on the ICC's security briefing in Dubai, which Irish attended. At the meeting, the players' representatives were told that the governing body or the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) couldn't give any foolproof security guarantees.

"We have serious concerns with the security situation in Pakistan, especially after the briefing in Dubai," Irish said.

Arendse told Independent Online that he was aware of SACA's views and would consult Logan Naidoo, the manager of the South Africa team that toured Pakistan last year, and the rest of his board before the teleconference.

The board meeting - at which India will be represented by Shashank Manohar, the BCCI's president-elect - will consider a report on the security briefing conducted by the ICC last Sunday for officials of the eight participating nations, broadcast executives and players' representatives. However, it's learnt that the report for the ICC board does not contain any specific recommendation.

Cricinfo - India backs Pakistan as Champions Trophy venue

Champions Trophy stays in Pakistan

Pakistan confirmed as hosts

Cricinfo staff

July 24, 2008

The ICC board has confirmed that Pakistan will remain the hosts for the Champions Trophy in September. The tournament will be held in Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi as scheduled from September 11 to 28.

"We are thankful to the members of the ICC especially India for their kind support," Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Nasim Ashraf told a news conference. "It is a great decision keeping in mind that there should be unity and no division of the cricket world.

A task force including the ICC president, vice-president and chief executive, the PCB chairman and security experts will visit Pakistan to check the arrangements for the tournament.

"We are committed to providing the kind of security which we have promised to the ICC and very soon the task force will tour Pakistan to ensure everything is in place," Ashraf said. "The task force will meet the high officials of the government and since there were concerns raised by some players of the member countries we will do everything to ensure that the best security is provided to all the stake holders. Pakistan is a safe country to play cricket and the security firm of the ICC gave us "A" grade in the arrangements made during the Asia Cup."

The ICC board arrived at the decision to keep the tournament in Pakistan during a teleconference held today. Strong opinions had emerged on either side of the issue. Players from England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa had expressed serious concerns over the prevailing security climate in Pakistan, and their representatives warned of a pullout if the tournament went ahead in that country. They seemed to have the strong backing of their respective boards, too, except for Cricket South Africa (CSA) which appeared to be of the view that Pakistan needed to be given "every opportunity to host the tournament to the best of their ability".

On the other side, India led the group of Asian countries, including Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and the hosts, who were determined that the event should to go ahead as scheduled. They believed that the security briefing last Sunday by the ICC for officials of the eight participating nations, broadcast executives and players' representatives, had not pointed to any specific threat and had been "positive" about Pakistan's status.

Cricinfo - Pakistan confirmed as hosts :enjoy:

I don't want the Champions Trophy in Pakistan. Reason? They will once again confine all the matches to one stadium (Karachi)
Its not good to hold an entire tournament on the same pitch. It takes away something from the game, and makes matches very predictable.

I don't want the Champions Trophy in Pakistan. Reason? They will once again confine all the matches to one stadium (Karachi)
Its not good to hold an entire tournament on the same pitch. It takes away something from the game, and makes matches very predictable.

Wait... all matches are going to take place in Karachi? That is ridiculous.

You have got the wrong info buddy, the matches will be played in Lahore, rawalpindi and Karachi.:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom