What's new

Cricket: Pakistan Premier League could be reality soon?

Cheerleaders or no PPL.

I think we don't have to copy the pathetic way of cheerleaders introduced in IPL

May be we should rather introduce bhangra, fold dance and other ways of entertainment that would also represent our culture. Both male and female can participate in it

We already have a world famous cheerleader :pakistan:

chacha-cricket_Lpic-1306.jpg

Well if the intention and plan is to host it in Pakistan, then it makes sense to hold (even) a low-key tournament and prove that international teams can visit Pakistan. But I doubt if any of the big names will tour without sufficient money, and sponsors will be reluctant to throw money if there are no big names. Kind of a vicious circle. Besides, the security situation in Pakistan looks bad to outsiders, regardless of whether it is real or baseless. Like Karachiite says, It will be important to clean up the house instead of pointing fingers and throwing around conspiracy theories like India/RAW hand behind the attacks on the SL cricketers.

Well if the intention and plan is to host it in Pakistan, then it makes sense to hold (even) a low-key tournament and prove that international teams can visit Pakistan. But I doubt if any of the big names will tour without sufficient money, and sponsors will be reluctant to throw money if there are no big names. Kind of a vicious circle. Besides, the security situation in Pakistan looks bad to outsiders, regardless of whether it is real or baseless. Like Karachiite says, It will be important to clean up the house instead of pointing fingers and throwing around conspiracy theories like India/RAW hand behind the attacks on the SL cricketers.

SL attack didnt happen in karachi

Did you know George W Bush was a cheerleader in his all male college

tumblr_kvyu7it9th1qarn5zo1_500.jpg

who is George Bush, lol. :lol:

i will only see PPLif you are a cheerleader :rolleyes::lol:

Imagine any teams won, cheerleaders will dance!! :victory::victory:

Cheerleaders or no PPL.

Despite many problems and caste system, India's IPL is big successful including cheerleaders, I am amazed. Why Pakistan can't be tolerate it? It is something we are lacked..

It is common every sports have cheerleaders to attract foreign players, internationals, owners, profits! Pakistan can't? :cry:

NFL is coming to India!

cheerleaders including?

Yes! But MALE

Good! Male know how to dance? It would be great entertainment for gays! :blink:

I was referring to the user Karachiite.

lahore atacks happened because india didnt want srilankans to visit pakistan,they had threatened them, simple as that, if PPL is to succeed india will be considered the prime hindrance, not talibans

I think we don't have to copy the pathetic way of cheerleaders introduced in IPL

May be we should rather introduce bhangra, fold dance and other ways of entertainment that would also represent our culture. Both male and female can participate in it

I agree, something to adjust. Bhangra and whatever dance are bit boring, what about bellydancing which allowed in Middle East for the entertainment? :smokin:

Playing as an individual is different from playing in a team that represents your country , in the later scenario you are getting paid anyway so you can do ifs and buts to avoid any venue also the legalities carried out by the respective cricket boards also matter as you are on official tour, but for individuals security is just their own concern and not of their respective boards so the decision is upto the individual player to participate or not .... and if PCB can pay hefty amount to the the foreign players there is no reason that they will not participate in PPL because no matter what you pretend but at the end of the day its the money that is the core thing for any individual player.

We have seen in the past how players left their national teams just to participate in some unauthorized leagues when their board was restricting them to do so , still they went for it and choose money over their national representation and country flag.... and these were not amateur or lower ranked players but a bunch of experienced and class players ...

So PCB needs to throw some money and attract the international players .... players from countries like Bangladesh and WI will not be difficult to attract due to the known reasons ....specially considering the avg income of a west indian player and the clashes they periodically have with their board.... also Sri Lankan players will not be a hectic task to attract as what we have done for them in past and the kind of relations we have with them will surely harvest some fruits for us

And even if we start the PPL with the players just from these 3 countries it will be a great success for us as if you remember the first edition of IPL not all boards or players were willing to participate but then after the fame it got it open up the ways for new players ... Thats what PCB can do make the first PPL edition a super hit and then it will open up the doors for all international players

Also a successful first edition of PPL will portray a positive image regarding the security situation in Pakistan and will make ICC and other nations realize that its safe to play in Pakistan

i agree srilankan players are the best and they can easily be included in PPL

but indians may blackmail the IPL playing lankan players not to involve in PPL like malinga, jayawardene etc

The first country to start 20-20 matches, which now are known as T-20 matches, was Pakistan.
There were domestic 20 over matches and sponsors which has been going on for years, before T-20 matches were even introduced in other countries or international cricket.
Pakistan has got the experience, more than anyone else, in these and I am sure they could earn a huge profit if they handle everything properly. They just need sponsors and players, and must keep their tournaments every two years unlike the IPL which will make it even more interesting and attract more respect.

Though they must come up with a creative name, not copying IPL and BPL.

The first country to start 20-20 matches, which now are known as T-20 matches, was Pakistan.
There were domestic 20 over matches and sponsors which has been going on for years, before T-20 matches were even introduced in other countries or international cricket.
Pakistan has got the experience, more than anyone else, in these and I am sure they could earn a huge profit if they handle everything properly. They just need sponsors and players, and must keep their tournaments every two years unlike the IPL which will make it even more interesting and attract more respect.

Though they must come up with a creative name, not copying IPL and BPL.

Technically speaking ECB was the first board to initiate T-20 tournament followed by PCB. Both nations started the T-20 tournament in 2003 and 2004 but the idea of organizing such event was in place well before that.

Back
Top Bottom