What's new

Creation of Bangladesh: Pakistani and Bangladeshi perspective

I STARTED this valid discussion after the original poster, before you came in here trolling around on every step with your "Petty" one liners. Welcome to my block list. I've yet to read anything "Knowledgeable" from you anyway.

"God Speed"
Good to know u learnt one thing from me "GOD SPEED"

I personally think there should have been two muslim countries in 1947.It does not make any sense to create a second state 1600 km(or miles) away.

We are better off as Bangladeshis and I don't regret the fact that we are not a nuclear armed nation.May be our military and economy is not as strong as Pakistan or India,but we are still living better.Mental satisfaction is what matters most.

Last edited:
I personally think there should have been two muslim countries in 1947.It does not make any sense to create a second country 1600 km(or miles) away.

We are better off as Bangladeshis and I don't regret the fact that we are not a nuclear armed nation.May be our military and economy is not as strong as Pakistan or India,but we are still living better.Mental satisfaction is what matters most.

Yes, the idea of two wings of a country separated by 1000+ miles of enemy territory was always a bad idea.
Combine this with ethnic differences and the resulting racism, and you realize that the union is bound to falter at some point.

India never wanted to Make Bangladesh a Part Of India. It would have been a nightmare. But India might have wanted to influence the Govt of BD at that time and make it Pro Indian and Anti Pak.

Yes you are right.They might not want to make it a part but indirectly set a puppet govt. to make it pro-India.That's what is called Vassal state.:tsk:

We Bangladeshis are very proud of our Liberation,so India's attempt to turn BD into Indian state would be a failure.The result would be something like Kashmir,i.e. conflict going on for decades or worse.

India did try to influence the internal matters of BD.Probably that's the reason you find many BD people are suspicious and hostile to India.:agree:
I would put myself in the suspicious category.Suspicious of Indian policies.:smokin:

^Pro-India is not equivalent to puppet-state. In any case, the assassination of Mujibur Rehman (who was decidedly pro India) dashed all hopes of a healthy relationship.

Hey it was only me who mentioned that and I ment our part of the Bay of Bengal. Ofcourse you have your part of bay of bengal.

RK

You may do whatever you wish on your part of Bay of Bengal,which is not disputed.There are several Grey areas where both countries have claims.Those issues are the ones to be resolved soon.

As for Mr Munshi and Co coming in, well I feel they were against the war in 71. They would still love to be a part of Pakistan, which I would wholly support. Again its my personal opinion. they can correct it when they come in.

The Indians here seem to be making quite broad assumptions about what I think and every thread on this subject appears to be making this the starting point of discussion.

There is at least one point all are agreed upon and that is the Indian involvement in the dismemberment of Pakistan had nothing to do with any sentimental attachment to the inhabitants of then East Pakistan or in their cause for independence except as a means to weaken India's nemesis. This should be the starting point for any Bangladeshi perspective on the 1971 war. India's intent to keep its neighbours weak seems clearly the purpose of Indian policy in the region. We should not assume that after 1971 the Indian objective has lessened or diminished in any respect. On this analysis there seems to be a common ground on which all the smaller countries of South Asia have a shared attitude of seeking to prevent encroachments on their sovereignty and territorial integrity by India.

India is often blamed for the creation of Bangladesh and people like Mujeeb are branded as Indian agents. However, was it totally an Indian effort or was it what people of Bangladesh wanted ? Or as Mr Munshi thinks, was it part of Indian strategy of Akhand Bharat?

RK

Raj you seem to be rational persons. It's a very complicated issue and there are many angle to the story.

But I think it's never a good idea to get involve with other people business. People of Muslim Bangle choose to join West Pakistan self willingly. So there for they choose their own fate. India should have left united pak alone and stay focus on it's self business. There are issues in United Pakistan but it wasn't Indian's responsible to solve. People of Pakistan would have find a way to solve the problem. Pakistan currently going through problem in Baluchistan and norther province but I am sure they will find a way to solve it.

I will sum up why Bangladesh was created:We wanted to do our own ****,no matter what it was, by ourselves.Freedom from anybody.Or else we would have seen Indian troops still having bases in BD.
I AM GLAD that there isn't a Punjabi class dominating our society.I don't care if there was ever a conspiracy for the creation of our republic.I am glad it happened.Simply.

Best idea is to avoid this uh topic.If you believe in the Day of Reckoning wait for it.Everything will be revealed to you then.

I don't care if there was ever a conspiracy for the creation of our republic.I am glad it happened.Simply.

Best idea is to avoid this uh topic.If you believe in the Day of Reckoning wait for it.Everything will be revealed to you then.

Do you really believe the Indian conspiracies stopped in 1971 and are you glad that they are still happening?

Now that the questions and issues become uncomfortable and controversial for some we are asked to avoid the thread. So who started the thread with the inclusion of my name and also repeatedly requested my input.

Well.. Munshi You are absolutely right, that india wouldnt have had any sentimental attachments towards Bangaladeshi freedom movement and it might be purely business..!!! However still the contributions and the matrydom of indian soliders cannot be billittled. As india could not have liberated bangladesh if there was no support from bangladeshi people. And i am sure india wouldnt want a hardcore islamist state besides it both sides as there are very chances they could join with pakistan or harbour talbian/anti india personnel in their country... India would and continue to support more democratic and secular bangaladesh.. and tat is a fact!!! At the same time, people of both countries should settle their disputes ammicabily and there is no problem with both countries which can't be settled through dialogue. And i strongly feel india cant afford another state to its fold and any thoguht of this AKHAND BHARATH is BS and would be a fantasy of a select few.. but then you knw india is a free country and there are no restrictions on how crazy people can tax their creative genes you knoww.. ;).

Raj you seem to be rational persons. It's a very complicated issue and there are many angle to the story.

But I think it's never a good idea to get involve with other people business. People of Muslim Bangle choose to join West Pakistan self willingly. So there for they choose their own fate. India should have left united pak alone and stay focus on it's self business. There are issues in United Pakistan but it wasn't Indian's responsible to solve. People of Pakistan would have find a way to solve the problem. Pakistan currently going through problem in Baluchistan and norther province but I am sure they will find a way to solve it.
Tell me Mr zakir, frankly, do you believe the problems of the BD people could have been solved in another way other than revolt and war?? I believe so. The BD people should not have revolted I feel. What do you feel?

At the same time, people of both countries should settle their disputes ammicabily and there is no problem with both countries which can't be settled through dialogue.

With the metaphorical loaded gun to the head. That is not dialogue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom