What's new

CPEC Projects in KPK: Where has it gone wrong ?

The feasibility reports are not state secrets. It's a means to monitor the implementation success.

Grow up ! Not everything is about conspiracy to sell an economy down the drain !

Oh please It just Gov don't publish the Feasibility of projects publicaly they issue tenders in the NEwspaper

It's you that needs to Grow up

The feasibility reports are not state secrets. It's a means to monitor the implementation success.

Grow up ! Not everything is about conspiracy to sell an economy down the drain !

As I recall, some official planning reports were published by the Ministry of planning, NHA, and other authorities, but these were not initial feasibility reports. Perhaps one could request these. But the problem is, in Pakistan, no member of the public or journalists read these reports.

I've seldom seen any of the reports attached below covered by any journalist. No matter their stance, yet they all seem confident as hell talking in absolutes about CPEC.

Attachments

• 250ExB-Meeting-Agenda.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • 268.pdf
    461.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Ch27-Transport-logistic.pdf
    153.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Pak-China trade volume to be taken to $20 bn.pdf
    97.2 KB · Views: 60
as this topic is hot now so i did some research over it and i found few things which i wanted to share the eastern route is actually Lahore- Karachi motorway in which there are many investors and major chunk of investment is not coming from China but some ex member of pmln's company which is registered in middle east...it is included in cpec just to show how big the project is and also if u remember in 2014 thr was a ground breaking cermony in \Karachi for thar coal power plant that is also included in cpec just to show cpec as a big project..... things are getting mixed up we need more clarity & transparency

Source: China urges Pakistani leaders to resolve issues over CPEC project | Page 5

Oh please It just Gov don't publish the Feasibility of projects publicaly they issue tenders in the NEwspaper

It's you that needs to Grow up

No i don't need to. Issuing of tender is all that defines transparency to you ? :lol:

Anyway continue with your bluster !

As I recall, some official planning reports were published by the Ministry of planning, NHA, and other authorities, but these were not initial feasibility reports. Perhaps one could request these. But the problem is, in Pakistan, no member of the public or journalists read these reports.

I've seldom seen any of the reports attached below covered by any journalist. No matter their stance, yet they all seem confident as hell talking in absolutes about CPEC.

Thanks ! Point is, a transparent or accredited data always settles these mudslinging debates biased with political posturing. If you throw these numbers on the stupid politician's faces, its them who would sound like an idiot at the end.

No i don't need to. Issuing of tender is all that defines transparency to you ? :lol:

Anyway continue with your bluster !

Thanks ! Point is, a transparent or accredited data always settles these mudslinging debates biased with political posturing. If you throw these numbers on the stupid politician's faces, its them who would sound like an idiot at the end.

Nah i even post pictures of the actual work happening in Balochistan and KPK unlike you ranting here about Nothing

Lack of transparency, originally western route was supposed to be constructed first but then the main emphasis has shifted to eastern route which is longer and economically doesn't make sense.

What was the original Western route ? For once come up with facts and not with a map drawn by a person with Khiyali Pulao.

Has there ever been a consistent principle ? First it was the dharna that this government is fake, then the dharma of CPEC routes, then ethnic bashing, and now transparency of projects. Just wow. There are no ethics here.

The Chinese are doing their best to help us get back up on our own two feet but some parties oppose this. Sad.

Q) Where has it gone wrong?

A) INDIAN order for PTI has gone wrong. Nothing else. India and PTI both priorities are to block CPEC. Share is just an excuse.

Last I checked it was Nawaz sharif and his clan that was in love with India, since when PTI became Indian agent?

Now listen to this interview conducted by same anchor with Ahsan Iqbal if you are genuinely concerned about CPEC and not political affiliation. Just look at his enthusiasm, knowledge, and the way he makes sense to every question he encounters.

Feel free to discuss whether CPEC projects listed below are wrong and what needs to be added to remove concerns, if any.

Industrial and Economic Zones
:

Marble and Granite based industrial estate at Mansehra (80 acres, mining)

Industrial estate Nowshera (1,000 acres, manufacturing)

Expansion of Industrial Estate Hattar (424 acres, manufacturing)

Industrial estate at Chitral (80 acres, food processing)

Industrial Estate Ghazi (90 acres, manufacturing)

industrial estate Dera Ismail Khan (188 acres, manufacturing)

Industrial estate at border of Kohat and Karak and industrial

Economic zone at Bannu (400 acre) identified as sites for SEZs under the CPEC.

While Punjab is being blamed for getting the whole share, there will be 8 special economic zones in the KP while 7 such zones in Punjab.

Energy Projects:

870 MW Suki Kanari Hydropower Project

2,160 MW Dasu Hydropower Project

Dry Ports:

Havelian Dry Port

Highways / Expressways :

Thalkot - Havelian (KKH Phase 2) 120 Km

Mansehra - Hassanabdal Expressway (E-35) 110 Km

Nowshera - Chitral (N-45) 309 Km

Quetta - DI Khan (N-50) 531 Km

Railways:

New Rail track Havelian - Khunjrab 682 Km

Upgrade and Electrification of Karachi-Peshawar Rail track (ML-1) 1,961 Km

New Rail track Quetta - DI Khan (Extension of ML-3) 560 Km

New Rail track Peshawar - Jalalabad 146 Km

Most of these projects have no funds allocated at this time.
Out of the US$ 47 billion, 36 billion are for energy projects.If you dont have electricity you wont have any industrial parks, if you dont have any industrial parks there is no need to have a road built with fibre optics, rail, electricity gas line.Federal govt. has so far failed to put the relevant electricity into the national grid.Most of these projects below have been ongoing for past 10-15 years with slow progress.
Sindh : Jhimpir and Gharo Wind Power Plant (200 MW)
Guddu Thermal Power (747 MW)
2 Nucleir plants in Karachi (2,200MW )
10 coal power projects in Gadani, 2 coal power projects in Port Qasim, 10 coal power projects in Thar
Punjab:
  1. Quaide-Azam Solar Plant , US$3 million allocated for Phase II (100MW)
  2. Chashma Plant (600 MW)
  3. Taunsa Muzaffargarh Hydropower (135MW)
  4. Coal based Thermal power plants in Muzaffargarh and Rahimyar khan (4500MW)
AJK:
  1. Neelum-Jhelum Hydro Power Project ( 969 MW)
  2. GulPur Hydropower Project (102MW)
KPK:
  1. Dasu Hydro Power Project 2 stages. (4,320 MW)
  2. Tarbela-IV Extension Hydro Power Project (1,410 MW)
  3. Golan Gol Hydro Power Project (106 MW)
GB:
1. Diamir Bhasha Dam (4,500 MW)

I cant the put the exact expenditure for these projects as exact figures not available, there are different figures for many projects and things are not very transparent about the source. The energy produced goes to national grid and NAPRA distributes it to other provinces. .KPK generates 4,000 MW of electricity, the province kpk requires around 2,500 MW of electricity. However, the federal government is squeezing it out by providing less than 1,500 MW's .NAPRA even denies kp its due tariff which has been unchanged since 90s despite the fact KPK is the largest contributor.
========================================================================================================================================================================================================================
The rest of the US$ 11 billion out of 47 billion
Baluchistan :
  • New Gwadar International Airport (NGIA) (CPEC) ECNEC 12.01.2015 22947.650
  • Rehabilitation of D.I Khan Mughal Kot 50 km Section N-50 (FERP Phase-II) ECNEC 10.04.2015 (Total Rs. 49,863 M) 4025.846
  • Gwadar - Turbat - Hoshab Section (200 km) of Gwadar - Ratodero Road (892 km) M-8, including Khuzdar - Shahdadkot - Ratodero (143 km)-(Gwadar, Turbat, Khuzdar in Balochistan and Kamber, Shahdadkot & Larkana in Sindh) NHC 25.03.1999 23168.660
  • Widening & Improvement of N-85, Hoshab-Nag - Basima - Surab Road (459 km) (Khuzdar, Panjgur) ECNEC 06.09.2007 22412.464
  • Construction of Eastbay Expressway (CPEC) ECNEC 12.01.2015 14061.790
  • Zhob Mughal Kot 81 Km N-50 (NHDSIP, ADB) ECNEC 21.01.2010 (Total Rs. 49,954.78 M)
  • Railway (i) PC-II for Feasibility Study to Connect Gwadar with Karachi . (ii) Feasibility Study from Gwadar to Basima and from Basima to Jacobabad via Khuzdar (CPEC) CDWP 29.11.2013
  • 132 KV Sub Stations at Deep Sea Port Gwadar (QESCO) (CPEC) CDWP 01.03.2008 909.279
Sindh:
Multan - Sukkur Section (387 km) Credit Financing (90:10) - PK Motorway ECNEC 03.07.2014 259353.000

Punjab :
Multan - Sukkur Section (387 km) Credit Financing (90:10) - PK Motorway ECNEC 03.07.2014 259353.000

ML1 -China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Support Project at Ministry of Railways CDWP 06.01.2015 252.000

GB:
  • Improvement and Widening of Jaglot - Skardu Road (S-1, 167 km) ECNEC 09.12.2010 22154.037
  • Construction of Cross - Border Optical Fiber Cable (OFC) System between China and Pakistan for International connectivity of Voice / Data Traffic (GB) (CPEC) ECNEC 01.12.2010

KPK:
  • Land Acquisition / Construction of Western Alignment and other CPEC Projects Un-Approved 60000.000
  • Construction of Burhan-Havelian Expressway (E-35) 59.1 Km CDWP 03.07.2014 39494.150
  • Thakot to Havelian 120 KM (Construction) (Phase-I) (CPEC) ECNEC 4.12.2014 95410.000
  • Railway -Comprehensive Feasibility Study for Upgradation/Rehabilitation of Mainline 1 (ML-I) and New Dry Port at Havelian (Buldhair) District Haripur under ChinaPak Economic Corridor (CPEC) CDWP 25.06.2014 390.000

Source: http://www.pc.gov.pk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/PSDP-2015-16-Final.pdf

OK so you need to understand that Nationalist Pashtuns consider this Havelian expressway to be a Hazara project not a Pashtun project. Hazara is ALSO a votebank area of PMLN so the concerns pick more girth .With that there is NO progress on the Pashtun region western alignment which develops the mistrust. PTI actually called the ANP bluff by playing this card so they can get more political mileage in the province as well as raise voice on this federals negligence on western pashtun area western route.
I personally dont like this ego issue between pashtuns and pahari people but PMLN should start working on the land acquisition mentioned above and give KPK its due share from NAPRA for the electricity it produces.
This will resolve the issue.This issue isnt really that big but if it lingers on it can cause trouble in future.Ball is in Nawaz's court.

Most of these projects have no funds allocated at this time.
Out of the US$ 47 billion, 36 billion are for energy projects.If you dont have electricity you wont have any industrial parks, if you dont have any industrial parks there is no need to have a road built with fibre optics, rail, electricity gas line.Federal govt. has so far failed to put the relevant electricity into the national grid.Most of these projects below have been ongoing for past 10-15 years with slow progress.
Sindh : Jhimpir and Gharo Wind Power Plant (200 MW)
Guddu Thermal Power (747 MW)
2 Nucleir plants in Karachi (2,200MW )
10 coal power projects in Gadani, 2 coal power projects in Port Qasim, 10 coal power projects in Thar
Punjab:
  1. Quaide-Azam Solar Plant , US$3 million allocated for Phase II (100MW)
  2. Chashma Plant (600 MW)
  3. Taunsa Muzaffargarh Hydropower (135MW)
  4. Coal based Thermal power plants in Muzaffargarh and Rahimyar khan (4500MW)
AJK:
  1. Neelum-Jhelum Hydro Power Project ( 969 MW)
  2. GulPur Hydropower Project (102MW)
KPK:
  1. Dasu Hydro Power Project 2 stages. (4,320 MW)
  2. Tarbela-IV Extension Hydro Power Project (1,410 MW)
  3. Golan Gol Hydro Power Project (106 MW)
GB:
1. Diamir Bhasha Dam (4,500 MW)

I cant the put the exact expenditure for these projects as exact figures not available, there are different figures for many projects and things are not very transparent about the source. The energy produced goes to national grid and NAPRA distributes it to other provinces. .KPK generates 4,000 MW of electricity, the province kpk requires around 2,500 MW of electricity. However, the federal government is squeezing it out by providing less than 1,500 MW's .NAPRA even denies kp its due tariff which has been unchanged since 90s despite the fact KPK is the largest contributor.
========================================================================================================================================================================================================================
The rest of the US$ 11 billion out of 47 billion
Baluchistan :
  • New Gwadar International Airport (NGIA) (CPEC) ECNEC 12.01.2015 22947.650
  • Rehabilitation of D.I Khan Mughal Kot 50 km Section N-50 (FERP Phase-II) ECNEC 10.04.2015 (Total Rs. 49,863 M) 4025.846
  • Gwadar - Turbat - Hoshab Section (200 km) of Gwadar - Ratodero Road (892 km) M-8, including Khuzdar - Shahdadkot - Ratodero (143 km)-(Gwadar, Turbat, Khuzdar in Balochistan and Kamber, Shahdadkot & Larkana in Sindh) NHC 25.03.1999 23168.660
  • Widening & Improvement of N-85, Hoshab-Nag - Basima - Surab Road (459 km) (Khuzdar, Panjgur) ECNEC 06.09.2007 22412.464
  • Construction of Eastbay Expressway (CPEC) ECNEC 12.01.2015 14061.790
  • Zhob Mughal Kot 81 Km N-50 (NHDSIP, ADB) ECNEC 21.01.2010 (Total Rs. 49,954.78 M)
  • Railway (i) PC-II for Feasibility Study to Connect Gwadar with Karachi . (ii) Feasibility Study from Gwadar to Basima and from Basima to Jacobabad via Khuzdar (CPEC) CDWP 29.11.2013
  • 132 KV Sub Stations at Deep Sea Port Gwadar (QESCO) (CPEC) CDWP 01.03.2008 909.279
Sindh:

Punjab :

ML1 -China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Support Project at Ministry of Railways CDWP 06.01.2015 252.000

GB:
  • Improvement and Widening of Jaglot - Skardu Road (S-1, 167 km) ECNEC 09.12.2010 22154.037
  • Construction of Cross - Border Optical Fiber Cable (OFC) System between China and Pakistan for International connectivity of Voice / Data Traffic (GB) (CPEC) ECNEC 01.12.2010

KPK:
  • Land Acquisition / Construction of Western Alignment and other CPEC Projects Un-Approved 60000.000
  • Construction of Burhan-Havelian Expressway (E-35) 59.1 Km CDWP 03.07.2014 39494.150
  • Thakot to Havelian 120 KM (Construction) (Phase-I) (CPEC) ECNEC 4.12.2014 95410.000
  • Railway -Comprehensive Feasibility Study for Upgradation/Rehabilitation of Mainline 1 (ML-I) and New Dry Port at Havelian (Buldhair) District Haripur under ChinaPak Economic Corridor (CPEC) CDWP 25.06.2014 390.000

Source: http://www.pc.gov.pk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/PSDP-2015-16-Final.pdf

OK so you need to understand that Nationalist Pashtuns consider this Havelian expressway to be a Hazara project not a Pashtun project. Hazara is ALSO a votebank area of PMLN so the concerns pick more girth .With that there is NO progress on the Pashtun region western alignment which develops the mistrust. PTI actually called the ANP bluff by playing this card so they can get more political mileage in the province as well as raise voice on this federals negligence on western pashtun area western route.
I personally dont like this ego issue between pashtuns and pahari people but PMLN should start working on the land acquisition mentioned above and give KPK its due share from NAPRA for the electricity it produces.
This will resolve the issue.This issue isnt really that big but if it lingers on it can cause trouble in future.Ball is in Nawaz's court.

add these projects in your list

Burhan - DI Khan (KPK)
Burhan-%20DI%20Khan%20CPEC_zpsihovfdgw.jpg

pre-qualification-notice-for-china-pakistan-economic-corridor-(cpec)-western-route-barahma-bahtar-to-d.i.khan(package-i-to-v)-.jpg

add these projects in your list

Burhan - DI Khan (KPK)
Burhan-%20DI%20Khan%20CPEC_zpsihovfdgw.jpg

pre-qualification-notice-for-china-pakistan-economic-corridor-(cpec)-western-route-barahma-bahtar-to-d.i.khan(package-i-to-v)-.jpg

NO because these projects are not approved by PSDP and so no funds allocated yet.They are just on maps and pictures for now. You can see this in the PSDP file I put as a source there in my last post.

CPEC Project To Be Executed Fairly: Ahsan Iqbal

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal termed the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project a game changer in the region and said that the mega venture was being executed fairly, Capital TV reported.

He stated this while addressing the All-Party Conference (APC) held in Islamabad to take up Balochistan’s reservations over CPEC.

The PAC was hosted by Sardar Akhtar Mengal, the leader of Balochistan National Party-Mengal Group (BNP-M).

Federal minister said that the political parties of the country were being misled by some elements about the mega venture.

The project was being executed fairly, he maintained.

“11 billion dollars have been allocated for developing infrastructure of the project,” he added

He said that Balochistan, Punjab and Sindh would get $7.1 billion, $6.9 billion and $11 billion respectively from the total $46-billion CPEC project for initiating power generation projects in the mentioned provinces.

Addressing the conference, the Jumat-e-Islami leader Liaqat Baloch asked the prime minister to convene the APC again.

“Like gulf countries, people who belong to other provinces should not be given the right to vote and own the property in Balochistan,” he suggested.

The conference was attended and addressed by Jamiat Ulema Islam (JUI-F) head Maulana Fazlur Rehman, Pashtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) leader Mehmood Khan Achakzai, Qaumi Watan Party (QWP) chief Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao, Deputy Chairman Senate and JUI-F leader Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haidri, PPP senior leader Farhat Ullah Babar, Jamaat-e-Islami leader Liaqat Baloch, PML-N leader Raja Zafar-ul-Haq, JUI-F’s Hafiz Hussain Ahmed, PML-Q leader Mushahid Hussain, former Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice (retd) Iftikhar Ahmed Chaudhry, ANP leader Mian Iftikhar Ahmed and others.

The speakers emphasized on timely completion of CPEC routes, urging the government to address Balochistan’s reservations over the corridor.

What was the original Western route ? For once come up with facts and not with a map drawn by a person with Khiyali Pulao.

Has there ever been a consistent principle ? First it was the dharna that this government is fake, then the dharma of CPEC routes, then ethnic bashing, and now transparency of projects. Just wow. There are no ethics here.

I can put the same question to you, what was the original eastern route or so called not a single route, I ask the same if you to come up with facts rather maps that you claim to be original but supporting the agenda of one party and one province.

Wake up and smell the coffe it's not about PTI other provincial parties are supporting the stance of Khattak some of those who have been in bed with the n league and even the governor of KPK who is a nooni.

CPEC Project To Be Executed Fairly: Ahsan Iqbal

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal termed the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project a game changer in the region and said that the mega venture was being executed fairly, Capital TV reported.

He stated this while addressing the All-Party Conference (APC) held in Islamabad to take up Balochistan’s reservations over CPEC.

The PAC was hosted by Sardar Akhtar Mengal, the leader of Balochistan National Party-Mengal Group (BNP-M).

Federal minister said that the political parties of the country were being misled by some elements about the mega venture.

The project was being executed fairly, he maintained.

“11 billion dollars have been allocated for developing infrastructure of the project,” he added

He said that Balochistan, Punjab and Sindh would get $7.1 billion, $6.9 billion and $11 billion respectively from the total $46-billion CPEC project for initiating power generation projects in the mentioned provinces.

Addressing the conference, the Jumat-e-Islami leader Liaqat Baloch asked the prime minister to convene the APC again.

“Like gulf countries, people who belong to other provinces should not be given the right to vote and own the property in Balochistan,” he suggested.

The conference was attended and addressed by Jamiat Ulema Islam (JUI-F) head Maulana Fazlur Rehman, Pashtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) leader Mehmood Khan Achakzai, Qaumi Watan Party (QWP) chief Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao, Deputy Chairman Senate and JUI-F leader Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haidri, PPP senior leader Farhat Ullah Babar, Jamaat-e-Islami leader Liaqat Baloch, PML-N leader Raja Zafar-ul-Haq, JUI-F’s Hafiz Hussain Ahmed, PML-Q leader Mushahid Hussain, former Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice (retd) Iftikhar Ahmed Chaudhry, ANP leader Mian Iftikhar Ahmed and others.

The speakers emphasized on timely completion of CPEC routes, urging the government to address Balochistan’s reservations over the corridor.
It would have been better if you had replied to my original post.What Ahsan Iqbal says or XYZ says are talks...Whats happening on ground should reflect with actions. Land acqisition requires lot of capital and it seems PMLN doesnt want to put that money in a place like western kpk, where they dont have any vote bank..instead they would put it in hazara or southern punjab which brings prospects their future political ambitions. Sad...

NO because these projects are not approved by PSDP and so no funds allocated yet.They are just on maps and pictures for now. You can see this in the PSDP file I put as a source there in my last post.

but the tender was given by NHA itself and i don't think one can give tenders just like that without the project is even approved...

National Highway Authority

Back
Top Bottom