What's new

CPEC another kala bagh dam ?

Why should the government not be criticised for diverting resources to Punjab/Sindh? Before it was western pakistan which stole resources from East Pakistan. Today it is Punjab/Sindh which steals resources from KPK/Balochistan.

Interestingly, people are criticising small provinces whereas they should be criticising the government for diverting resources to Punjab/Sindh. Ironic!

Sir g there's no proof that Federal Gov Changed the Resources ... All these plants came on the media when the deal was signed there was no map that was showing place of Power plants or any other project marked in Baluchistan or In KPK so that part is just baseless that Federal changed the route and Resources to Sindh and Punjab and China signed just like that on MoUs and all other projects

If for a Moment let's believe that Federal Changed the route and Power projects of CPEC didn't Chinese raised question about why the sudden change on route and place of these project? Did you heard anything from Chinese side? NO

where as talking about resources no one is stealing no ones resources Coal is being Imported and sindh will use that coal
LNG will come from Qatar

people are criticizing small province because of their stupid demands... Balochistan is silent on CPEC sindh also has no problem it's only KPK

Stirring the CPEC pot
Editorial — Updated about 15 hours ago

Whatsapp
24 Comments
email.png
Email
Print
ONCE again KP Chief Minister Pervez Khattak and his high command are up in arms against the manner in which the government is seen to be implementing the CPEC projects.

Less than two months ago, he was already threatening “massive agitations” against these as well as a halt to all land acquisition under way in his province for CPEC projects.

The reasons given were that the centre had not allocated the promised funds for those projects that lie in the province, and that changes were being made in the allocations and routes without consulting his government.

On Dec 5, shortly after Mr Khattak’s outburst, the KP Assembly unanimously passed a resolution endorsing his views that the maps of the project being issued by the Planning Commission “indicate the consensus achieved on May 28 has not been implemented in letter and spirit”.

This was the second such resolution on CPEC passed by the provincial assembly — the first one came in October.

Today, the chief minister is upping the ante all over again. Once again, he is threatening agitations and the withdrawal of support for the land acquisition process, and his complaints are being echoed by parties besides his own in the provincial government.

It is not clear what precisely is the issue at stake, with all the emotional rhetoric in play, but what is evident is that the concerns raised in November, and echoed in the resolution of the provincial assembly, do not appear to have been resolved.

We can be excused for feeling a little confused as we witness this spectacle. Is this all politically driven, or is the government living up to its reputation of showing a stubborn preference for Punjab when it comes to the allocation of the state’s material resources?

The minister for planning has tried to assuage these concerns by saying his government “cannot even think about discriminating against any province”, but the words sound somewhat vacuous.

What is clear is that the whole controversy ultimately grows out of the lack of transparency shrouding CPEC projects, to the point where even the State Bank governor has made public comments that he is not aware of the foreign exchange requirements of the financing arrangements under which the projects are being executed.

Between fiscal year 2014 and 2015, the disbursement of bilateral loans and grants for CPEC energy projects doubled to reach $1.2bn, a large sum which doubtless carries repayment obligations that need to be known in advance.

The resolution of the KP Assembly further demands that the “[m]onographic study on highways of CPEC should be made a public document. Similarly, the agreements between Pakistan and China should also be made public”. It is high time to bring transparency to CPEC, or perhaps call another multiparty conference to hammer out a new consensus behind it all over again.

Published in Dawn, January 7th, 2016

Stirring the CPEC pot - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

China bahadur nay baan bhe dae dene hae.. ap seh nae pao gae janu :lol:

Sir g there's no proof that Federal Gov Changed the Resources ... All these plants came on the media when the deal was signed there was no map that was showing place of Power plants or any other project marked in Baluchistan or In KPK so that part is just baseless that Federal changed the route and Resources to Sindh and Punjab and China signed just like that on MoUs and all other projects

If for a Moment let's believe that Federal Changed the route and Power projects of CPEC didn't Chinese raised question about why the sudden change on route and place of these project? Did you heard anything from Chinese side? NO

where as talking about resources no one is stealing no ones resources Coal is being Imported and sindh will use that coal
LNG will come from Qatar

people are criticizing small province because of their stupid demands... Balochistan is silent on CPEC sindh also has no problem it's only KPK

Bal is silent because bamboo ki govt hae.. woh paisay phek ker tamasha kerti hae.. KP mein pmln bhe govt kay sath hae, lets not politicized it for our petty egos, let the smaller provinces benefit from it as well.

China bahadur nay baan bhe dae dene hae.. ap seh nae pao gae janu :lol:

Bal is silent because bamboo ki govt hae.. woh paisay phek ker tamasha kerti hae.. KP mein pmln bhe govt kay sath hae, lets not politicized it for our petty egos, let the smaller provinces benefit from it as well.

M seriously not against it... Smaller Provinces should be benefited with it but with justified and sensible demands

It's looks like here that there would be new STAN which could be like Punjabistan or Sindhistan etc. Politicians, please stop all this. If a Government intent to divide Pakistan by starting these kind of things then there are many ways to put them behind the bars. Nothing is unfair here just Politicians are doing there job well as they have been paid enough for. Even if this route was signed by an Angel, the same politicians would have been shouting for the routs and making it controversial just for own political benefits. Systems are available to keep check & balance. Army has played a major role in CPEC so if there was anything like this, the concerns would have been shown till now. ANP started using Pashtoon Card. Sindh raised illogical issues just because of political enmity. Every political party is using her Card whether based on language or in the name of Pakistan but all are enemies in their skins though are hidden to the some extent. The most here needed is Patient so everyone will gain benefits of it.

Indeed many wants to manipulate CPEC as much as it may become Kala Bagh Dam but In'Sha'ALLAH Pakistan will grow more and CPEC will become beneficial for all of us.

Pakistan Zindabad

All provinces and their leaders should be satisfied in the implementation of CPEC.

I understand that some have legitimate historical reservations regarding the dividing of resources in Pakistan and are under the impression that same is happening now. But that shouldn't be confused with the fact that PTI has a very real reason to oppose anything that PMLN is involved in. Whether it's CPEC or any other project.

PTI, in its role as the main opposition party, will do whatever they can to disrupt the projects so as to be able to solidify its position for 2018. This is a dangerous game being played for the future of Pakistan.

Bro since U quoted one of my jazbati dialogues, can I tell U few things...

1- being a dual British and Pakistani citizen, I appreciate your western training and values
2- I also know that only under ground metro in UK are in London, which also has an over ground metro, 5 motorways, and 4 airports. Comparing it to north of England, which have no metros at all.

Please be assured my objection is not on development in kpk, I would love to see Peshawar more developed than Lahore any day....

But please understand the whole project before commenting.

Coal based power plants cannot be placed in kpk as there is no coal. Kpk will get benefit from electricity they produced. 70% of these projects are in Sindh.

90% of truck companies in Pakistan are owned by pakhtoons, this project will change the fate of kpk....if U just factor in amount of trade that can potentially pass from china to middle east and Europe through this route (hint : potentially in trillions)

And I sincerely think PTI is just playing politics, nothing else

Regards

Thanks for cool headed reply bro and I apologize for my demeaning use of words before in my post.

And I really hope that PTI doesn't play politics in regards to this issue. I trust Imran Khan and his patriotism can not be doubted. May be PTI didn't understand few issues that were explained by Ahsan Iqbal in the Moeed's program? I don't know. Hopefully, Asad Umar and Ahsan Iqbal can sit in one program and thoroughly dissect all the issues (may be in a special two-hours program? That'll be great)

Whatever the case, hopefully a complete and solid national consensus is build and CPEC gets completed in time--bringing huge benefits and economic prosperity to all of Pak, Inshallah!

LNG will come from Qatar

im not talking about route change. infact i think federal government lied about the so called 'western route.' Show me western route in the PSDP and ill say sorry. Remember, dont show me pre-existing projects.

im simply saying that it is the federal govt which is to be blamed for not making sure each province gets her share. Even the SBP governor doesnt know about the details of CPEC projects. what to talk about small provinces!

This is where i differ with you. You are blaming the small provinces for crying. I am blaming the federal government for being unjust and deceptive.

Bangladesh is very different case. There is not a single country in this world with having its other part in other part of the world. Don't compare it.

here we are talking about rights.. yes you can compare it..

What benefit did poor people of kpk, sindh and baluchistan got by delaying kalabagh??
Did they get more resources?? Justice? Are their women folk safer from their prying political elite? Are they more prosperous?

No they remain poor as f*ck...
I dont know what rights are people talking about....

I expected ultra nationalist to bark.... but very poor leadership shown by educated pti....

nothing is wrong....
current power projects are financed by private investors from china and are focussed around coal. and a massive boost to country would be utilization of thar coal. Chinese are best in world to develop thar coal as they them selves produce over 50% of their own massive electricity needs through coal.

in long term, hydral electric projects will also be feasible and KPK government should insist that federal government facilitate them for securing finances for viable hydral projects....

that's my problem with IK in the first place. instead of matching PMLn in development, he always chooses a destructive path.
That is n always hv been ik's only agenda....make false claims....accusations...n not seeing or doing any thing in favor oof pak......i cant forget the shameless ik's face when he admitted 35 puncture ws a lie....there ws no brig. in frst place.... Kpk hs been reduced to only Peshawar ...tht also in ruins.... He was able to collect 80 karror for shkm bt lady reading hospital patients were transfered to pims...

Now listen to this interview conducted by same anchor with Ahsan Iqbal if you are genuinely concerned about CPEC and not political affiliation. Just look at his enthusiasm, knowledge, and the way he makes sense to every question he encounters.

OK, now that's talk the talk, did he do walk the walk? Just because Ahsan Iqbal said doesn't mean govt did it. Perez Khattak wants piece of paper with fact and figures backing Ahsan Iqbal claims. His main concerns is, Ahsan Iqbal is giving him Choona with sweet talk while nothing is being done in his area and when asked for data Federal govt is hiding all the information.

Thanks for cool headed reply bro and I apologize for my demeaning use of words before in my post.

And I really hope that PTI doesn't play politics in regards to this issue. I trust Imran Khan and his patriotism can not be doubted. May be PTI didn't understand few issues that were explained by Ahsan Iqbal in the Moeed's program? I don't know. Hopefully, Asad Umar and Ahsan Iqbal can sit in one program and thoroughly dissect all the issues (may be in a special two-hours program? That'll be great)

Whatever the case, hopefully a complete and solid national consensus is build and CPEC gets completed in time--bringing huge benefits and economic prosperity to all of Pak, Inshallah!
Dude, you need to see through the BS that Ahsan Iqbal is taking. For him 2-3 years expensive Gas turbine project are viable but 4 to 5 years Hydro-power projects in KPK or Northern area are a long shot. Fact is oil mafia supports Noora league and they had him signed $16 billion big commissions deals with oil n gas companies. Moreover, It not about what Ahsan Iqbal is saying, it what is reality on ground. After watching his show I got convinced too that he is doing a good job, but problem is it's quite easy to lie in "Joosh-e-Katabat" and than make excuses latter. KPK wants, proofs on papers for his claims. That's how the whole world works. It's quite evident Noora league preparing for next elections, with quick cosmetic changing in their area with foreign loans.If they were serious with Pakistan, they would have gone for atleast one or two medium range Hydro-Projects which would last for 40-50 years and yield 10x more electric power without giving away billion every years to his Habibis in the mid-east. People of Pakistan are bearing shortage for last 2 decades, for them extra year or two wait means nothing. But for Noora league it means losing elections, so they are going for a quick expensive steroid injection instead of total cure.

No more free lunches for Punjab. Unless 99% of CPEC benefits are extended to KPK + Baluchistan, there should be no CPEC. This is no dharna, this is geography and KPK's divine right. KPK assembly and it's judiciary needs to play it's aces in the right manner, if we are to survive in Punjabistan.

No more free lunches for Punjab. Unless 99% of CPEC benefits are extended to KPK + Baluchistan, there should be no CPEC. This is no dharna, this is geography and KPK's divine right. KPK assembly and it's judiciary needs to play it's aces in the right manner, if we are to survive in Punjabistan.
lazy CMs n your gr8 leader is misguiding u .. same as wot sindh leaders did to their ppl by stopping kalabagh dam ... this is the project allocations as per my latest info ...reply if you have any figures not match these ..also share the route changes as highlighted by your CM... cuz i haven't seen any changed plan but seems he has ....n hasn't brought to media even after two awesome press cons..

Sindh = 11.1 B$
Balochistan= 7.1 B$
Punjab = 6.9 B$
Dasu dam (KPK) = 4 B$
Basha (KPK) = 3B$ for early / initial works

Unless #CM KPK n #IK is following this route
cpec-road-layout-as-per-drunken-cm-kpk-n

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom