What's new

CPEC another kala bagh dam ?

Today just today 3 childern died in thar of starvation....

Not in punjab ... in thar sindh....

It was sindhi nationalist who stopped kalabagh.....which would have changed thar into new punjab...
A desert not cultivated for thousands of years ...gets water ....becomes most fertile land....

But no.....sindh ki rights mutasir ho gayeen.... today sindhi childern of thar dying of starvation....

It was sindhi nationalist who stopped kalabagh.....which would have changed thar into new punjab...
A desert not cultivated for thousands of years ...gets water ....becomes most fertile land....

But no.....sindh ki rights mutasir ho gayeen.... today sindhi childern of thar dying of starvation....

How dare you say anything about Kala Bagh Dam.... WO Small provinces ki demand thi us k KPK ne doob jana tha or Sindh ne pyasa mar jana tha sara Pani Punjab ne le jana tha

Punjabistan ki sazish hai yeh Kala bagh dam b or CPEC b.....

This post is sarcastic

Kia hoa agar kuch ghareeb bachay Mar gaye due to starvation Bhutto to Zinda ha na.

No more free lunches for Punjab. Unless 99% of CPEC benefits are extended to KPK + Baluchistan, there should be no CPEC. This is no dharna, this is geography and KPK's divine right. KPK assembly and it's judiciary needs to play it's aces in the right manner, if we are to survive in Punjabistan.

Sorry but uter nonsense

Regardless of the reservations of the political parties, CPEC must not be delayed at any cost, no time to play politics for the sake of stupid ego's.

Kia hoa agar kuch ghareeb bachay Mar gaye due to starvation Bhutto to Zinda ha na.

Bhutto zinda hai ka nara lagane wale aaj Lahore me khare ho k bolty hain k Itna paisa roads or rang brangi buses pe laga rhy ho Hospital or education pe lagao,,,, q k Thar to India me hai wahan jo ho us se bhutto zinda hai walon ko kya?

Bhutto zinda hai ka nara lagane wale aaj Lahore me khare ho k bolty hain k Itna paisa roads or rang brangi buses pe laga rhy ho Hospital or education pe lagao,,,, q k Thar to India me hai wahan jo ho us se bhutto zinda hai walon ko kya?

US ne khud Thar ki shakal b nahi dekhi ho shayad. More than that, situation of basic resources and life living needs is worst or head par to the that in CM's own Khirpur. What could we expect of these Mummy's or Imported politicians. Still people follow them even knowing that these culprits have brought us no good. But In'Sha'ALLAH their days are numbered.

Pakistan Zindabad

Stirring the CPEC pot
Editorial — Updated about 15 hours ago

Whatsapp
24 Comments
email.png
Email
Print
ONCE again KP Chief Minister Pervez Khattak and his high command are up in arms against the manner in which the government is seen to be implementing the CPEC projects.

Less than two months ago, he was already threatening “massive agitations” against these as well as a halt to all land acquisition under way in his province for CPEC projects.

The reasons given were that the centre had not allocated the promised funds for those projects that lie in the province, and that changes were being made in the allocations and routes without consulting his government.

On Dec 5, shortly after Mr Khattak’s outburst, the KP Assembly unanimously passed a resolution endorsing his views that the maps of the project being issued by the Planning Commission “indicate the consensus achieved on May 28 has not been implemented in letter and spirit”.

This was the second such resolution on CPEC passed by the provincial assembly — the first one came in October.

Today, the chief minister is upping the ante all over again. Once again, he is threatening agitations and the withdrawal of support for the land acquisition process, and his complaints are being echoed by parties besides his own in the provincial government.

It is not clear what precisely is the issue at stake, with all the emotional rhetoric in play, but what is evident is that the concerns raised in November, and echoed in the resolution of the provincial assembly, do not appear to have been resolved.

We can be excused for feeling a little confused as we witness this spectacle. Is this all politically driven, or is the government living up to its reputation of showing a stubborn preference for Punjab when it comes to the allocation of the state’s material resources?

The minister for planning has tried to assuage these concerns by saying his government “cannot even think about discriminating against any province”, but the words sound somewhat vacuous.

What is clear is that the whole controversy ultimately grows out of the lack of transparency shrouding CPEC projects, to the point where even the State Bank governor has made public comments that he is not aware of the foreign exchange requirements of the financing arrangements under which the projects are being executed.

Between fiscal year 2014 and 2015, the disbursement of bilateral loans and grants for CPEC energy projects doubled to reach $1.2bn, a large sum which doubtless carries repayment obligations that need to be known in advance.

The resolution of the KP Assembly further demands that the “[m]onographic study on highways of CPEC should be made a public document. Similarly, the agreements between Pakistan and China should also be made public”. It is high time to bring transparency to CPEC, or perhaps call another multiparty conference to hammer out a new consensus behind it all over again.

Published in Dawn, January 7th, 2016

Stirring the CPEC pot - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

What kind of resources you are talking about? Please get out of this mindset of punjabi/pathan/balouchi/sindhi.

very comprehensive presentation.......

I think again touching on many points already discussed in this thread.

Oh its so simple, just like that. By the way, it is against the law of Pakistan and even international diplomacy law didn't allow that non state official meet other country Government officials. IK talk big but he himself break the laws many times. Why IK meet other country Govt officials? did Indian non official ever meet you guys? Did Indian congress members meet our Govt. officials?. Since he meet Mr. Modi i notice that CPCC plan is under target of PTI and check news history to confirm that

Stop this non sense and don't talk PTI bullshit. If you have any proof then show it to us or else
9134_original.jpg

CPEC should complete what's so ever. even if that means no trust resolution against charsi khattak at KPK parliament.

No the corrupt lotas who joined PTI from other parties.

Bangalis were flammed against West Pakistan not punjab alone. BTW at the time of 1971. Bhutto was sindhi, coas was Pathan. Not sure how you get this but one things is sure the people who break Pakistan back than are now again having same attitude.

Also India is against CPEC, so is PTI. Today I guess Imran khan got this new objective when he visited India last time.

All provinces and their leaders should be satisfied in the implementation of CPEC.

I understand that some have legitimate historical reservations regarding the dividing of resources in Pakistan and are under the impression that same is happening now. But that shouldn't be confused with the fact that PTI has a very real reason to oppose anything that PMLN is involved in. Whether it's CPEC or any other project.

PTI, in its role as the main opposition party, will do whatever they can to disrupt the projects so as to be able to solidify its position for 2018. This is a dangerous game being played for the future of Pakistan.

That is n always hv been ik's only agenda....make false claims....accusations...n not seeing or doing any thing in favor oof pak......i cant forget the shameless ik's face when he admitted 35 puncture ws a lie....there ws no brig. in frst place.... Kpk hs been reduced to only Peshawar ...tht also in ruins.... He was able to collect 80 karror for shkm bt lady reading hospital patients were transfered to pims...

Out of the US$ 47 billion Chinese banks are giving us , 36 billion are for energy projects.If you dont have electricity you wont have any industrial parks, if you dont have any industrial parks there is no need to have a road built with fibre optics, rail, electricity gas line.Federal govt. has so far failed to put the relevant electricity into the national grid.Most of these projects below have been ongoing for past 10-15 years with slow progress.
Sindh :
  1. Jhimpir and Gharo Wind Power Plant (200 MW)
  2. Guddu Thermal Power (747 MW)
  3. 2 Nucleir plants in Karachi (2,200MW )
  4. 10 coal power projects in Gadani, 2 coal power projects in Port Qasim, 10 coal power projects in Thar(1500MW)
Punjab:
  1. Quaide-Azam Solar Plant , US$3 million allocated for Phase II (100MW)
  2. Chashma Plant (600 MW)
  3. Taunsa Muzaffargarh Hydropower (135MW)
  4. Coal based Thermal power plants in Muzaffargarh and Rahimyar khan (4500MW)
AJK:
  1. Neelum-Jhelum Hydro Power Project ( 969 MW)
  2. GulPur Hydropower Project (102MW)
KPK:
  1. Dasu Hydro Power Project 2 stages. (4,320 MW)
  2. Tarbela-IV Extension Hydro Power Project (1,410 MW)
  3. Golan Gol Hydro Power Project (106 MW)
GB:
1. Diamir Bhasha Dam (4,500 MW)

I cant the put the exact expenditure for these projects as exact figures not available, there are different figures for many projects and things are not very transparent about the source. The energy produced goes to national grid and NAPRA distributes it to other provinces. .KPK generates 4,000 MW of electricity, the province kpk requires around 2,500 MW of electricity. However, the federal government is squeezing it out by providing less than 1,500 MW's .NAPRA even denies kp its due tariff which has been unchanged since 90s despite the fact KPK is the largest contributor.
========================================================================================================================================================================================================================
The rest of the US$ 11 billion out of 47 billion
Baluchistan :
  • New Gwadar International Airport (NGIA) (CPEC) ECNEC 12.01.2015 22947.650
  • Rehabilitation of D.I Khan Mughal Kot 50 km Section N-50 (FERP Phase-II) ECNEC 10.04.2015 (Total Rs. 49,863 M) 4025.846
  • Gwadar - Turbat - Hoshab Section (200 km) of Gwadar - Ratodero Road (892 km) M-8, including Khuzdar - Shahdadkot - Ratodero (143 km)-(Gwadar, Turbat, Khuzdar in Balochistan and Kamber, Shahdadkot & Larkana in Sindh) NHC 25.03.1999 23168.660
  • Widening & Improvement of N-85, Hoshab-Nag - Basima - Surab Road (459 km) (Khuzdar, Panjgur) ECNEC 06.09.2007 22412.464
  • Construction of Eastbay Expressway (CPEC) ECNEC 12.01.2015 14061.790
  • Zhob Mughal Kot 81 Km N-50 (NHDSIP, ADB) ECNEC 21.01.2010 (Total Rs. 49,954.78 M)
  • Railway (i) PC-II for Feasibility Study to Connect Gwadar with Karachi . (ii) Feasibility Study from Gwadar to Basima and from Basima to Jacobabad via Khuzdar (CPEC) CDWP 29.11.2013
  • 132 KV Sub Stations at Deep Sea Port Gwadar (QESCO) (CPEC) CDWP 01.03.2008 909.279
Sindh:
Multan - Sukkur Section (387 km) Credit Financing (90:10) - PK Motorway ECNEC 03.07.2014 259353.000

Punjab :
Multan - Sukkur Section (387 km) Credit Financing (90:10) - PK Motorway ECNEC 03.07.2014 259353.000

ML1 -China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Support Project at Ministry of Railways CDWP 06.01.2015 252.000

GB:
  • Improvement and Widening of Jaglot - Skardu Road (S-1, 167 km) ECNEC 09.12.2010 22154.037
  • Construction of Cross - Border Optical Fiber Cable (OFC) System between China and Pakistan for International connectivity of Voice / Data Traffic (GB) (CPEC) ECNEC 01.12.2010

KPK:
  • Land Acquisition / Construction of Western Alignment and other CPEC Projects Un-Approved 60000.000
  • Construction of Burhan-Havelian Expressway (E-35) 59.1 Km CDWP 03.07.2014 39494.150
  • Thakot to Havelian 120 KM (Construction) (Phase-I) (CPEC) ECNEC 4.12.2014 95410.000
  • Railway -Comprehensive Feasibility Study for Upgradation/Rehabilitation of Mainline 1 (ML-I) and New Dry Port at Havelian (Buldhair) District Haripur under ChinaPak Economic Corridor (CPEC) CDWP 25.06.2014 390.000

Source: http://www.pc.gov.pk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/PSDP-2015-16-Final.pdf

OK so you need to understand that Nationalist Pashtuns consider this Havelian expressway to be a Hazara project not a Pashtun project. Hazara is ALSO a votebank area of PMLN so the concerns pick more girth .With that there is NO progress on the Pashtun region western alignment which develops the mistrust. PTI actually called the ANP bluff by playing this card so they can get more political mileage in the province as well as raise voice on this federals negligence on western pashtun area western route.
I personally dont like this ego issue between pashtuns and pahari people but PMLN should start working on the land acquisition mentioned above and give KPK its due share from NAPRA for the electricity it produces.You see land acquisition is the most capital intensive part and PMLN qould only do that in Hazara or southern Punjab where they see political prospects not the western kpk , so they need to do land acquisition in Western KPK for the western route.
THIS WILL RESOLVE THE ISSUE.

This issue isnt really that big but if it lingers on it can cause trouble in future.Ball is in Nawaz's court.

Last edited:
Oh its so simple, just like that. By the way, it is against the law of Pakistan and even international diplomacy law didn't allow that non state official meet other country Government officials. IK talk big but he himself break the laws many times. Why IK meet other country Govt officials? did Indian non official ever meet you guys? Did Indian congress members meet our Govt. officials?. Since he meet Mr. Modi i notice that CPCC plan is under target of PTI and check news history to confirm that

]
No true . Show me the law like that . There is thousands of examples . A personal should have personality and Charisma to attract people . Even people who love nawaz, zardari or altaf knows they can't do live shows , they all lack personality . Why Nawaz sharif dnt attract crowds , Bcoz everyone knows e do paper reading and woh b kisi aur k likhi hoi.

So when Nawaz sharif sons are on official trips , was it appropriate . When Nawaz sharif met Saudi prince and King it was against the laws , when he was friends with modhi biggest financiers was it a crime

Actually government is project ko bilawaja punjab se ghumana cha re ha . iska west route for sure banna chaiye or active bi rehna chaiye .
Har taraqiyati mansubay ka punjab se jana zaruri ni ha .
That is the real pain in the a$$. "Why punjab"

So CPEC turned out to be China Punjab Economic Corridor. Thats why Pakistan saw creation of Bangladesh and BLA.
No shame, blind in biasness.

I think best remark today was that of ch shujaat Hussain. there can never be 100% consensus. people disagreed with creation of Pakistan. many still do. people disagreed with nuclear programme. many still do. people disagree with having strong military. many disagree with Islamic identity. same khattak and IK were against military action against those vile animals and think they represent pashtoons some how (although those cowards have violated every rule of islam and pashtoon culture, which is of bravery, not beating women and killing children). many disagree with economic development. military courts were formed after APS attack, they got challenged immediately in courts. nuclear power plants in Karachi, challenged in court, stay granted than removed. and so on.....

the key here is to listen to every one, try to keep every one happy, but do appreciate that you can never have 100% agreement, especially when IK and PTI is being derived by their blinded dash to be prime minister, and they want this project to fail, for their political gain rather than that of country.

avoid confrontation as much as you can, but do brace for one caz other side might see only salvage in confrontation

I did, people don't follow generals, they follow political figures. Bhutto had complete and unanimous support of west Pakistanis. Instead of patching things up with east, he flared emotions by naked abusing Bangalis for his political gains.

I have one question. Whose responsiblity was it to transfer government when Awami League got majority in East Pakistan. Mine, yours, Bhutto's or COAS of that time who was also the ruler?

I think best remark today was that of ch shujaat Hussain. there can never be 100% consensus. people disagreed with creation of Pakistan. many still do. people disagreed with nuclear programme. many still do. people disagree with having strong military. many disagree with Islamic identity. 1)same khattak and IK were against military action against those vile animals and think they represent pashtoons some how (although those cowards have violated every rule of islam and pashtoon culture, which is of bravery, not beating women and killing children). many disagree with economic development. military courts were formed after APS attack, they got challenged immediately in courts. nuclear power plants in Karachi, challenged in court, stay granted than removed. and so on.....

the key here is to listen to every one, try to keep every one happy, but do appreciate that you can never have 100% agreement, especially when IK and PTI is being derived by their blinded dash to be prime minister, and they want this project to fail, for their political gain rather than that of country.

avoid confrontation as much as you can, but do brace for one caz other side might see only salvage in confrontation
1) it was done by APC headed by PMLN.
2) all they want federal to be transparents. Show us the clear routes and planning of spending . is that too much to ask?

There is nothing stopping these projects to be built in KPK. China is already working in GB and Kashmir with 1000s of workers. So finding right skills in KPK is also not a problem. Infact most of the workers will be Chinease. It is more about local workers learning from Chinease than other way round.

"Huge population starving for energy." Like you said, its going to go into national grid first and then to the consumers.

im not concerend about how KPK will stop CPEC from happening. Its not my problem. i am only concerned about small provinces getting their fair share.

SEZs are still on paper. Where is the financial allocation for these zones in the PSDP? Only making anouncements is not enough. Projects must show up in the PSDP if the government is really serious.

We do not choose projects on population basis. We choose projects based on economic returns. Like i said in my posts, building a motorway on the eastern side which runs parallel to GT road and other highway network is not going to take us to prosperity. Lahore-Islamabad motorway was a failure to start industrialisation. Why? because it did not link us to new regional markets and neither did it open access to new regions within the country.

You can justify your population argument using 'political economy.' Since most of the voters live on the eastern side, every subsequent government cares more about the eastern side than the western side.

I dont care much about what Khattak is saying. I am only concerned that small provinces must get their fair share. I dont want another Bangladesh.
you are right in saying this

We do not choose projects on population basis. We choose projects based on economic returns

But guess what, higher population makes higher economy activities ..
Lahore-Islamabad motorway is not a failure mate, who told you it was created for new industrialisation ???
It was created to give faster route to existing markets for agriculture products to reach city markets fasters and guess what its working

As predicted .... new line of IK political oponents....

Told u so....

Attachments

• 1452506533759.jpg
    1452506533759.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom