What's new

Countering Possible Sale of F-35 to Taiwan

Having a huge naval base concentrated on one island makes a perfect place for bomber attacks, especially when the nearest airfield would be the mainland's Suzhou airbase.

It's more suitable for a SAM site.

After reunification, who should we attack then and why should we attack them?

If you also have a major airbase on the island, this forces the enemy to neutralise the bases on the island first, the island would be under cover fire from PLA rocket artillery units, the sea around Taiwan can be patrolled by diesel subs.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

I believe he means other potential hostile forces.

I was saying that if Taiwan was turned into a naval base, it would be an easy target for bombers.

If you also have a major airbase on the island, this forces the enemy to neutralise the bases on the island first, the island would be under cover fire from PLA rocket artillery units, the sea around Taiwan can be patrolled by diesel subs.

Hostiles might launch cruise missiles from the Sea of Japan and wipe out the stationed planes and ships en masse, thus blunting the defensive force and weakening defenses around the mainland.

There are reinforced bunkers and mountain bases. Plus it is about 180km from Taiwan to mainland, If they can fire cruise missiles at Taiwan they can also fire at mainland.

There are reinforced bunkers and mountain bases. Plus it is about 180km from Taiwan to mainland, If they can fire cruise missiles at Taiwan they can also fire at mainland.

If Taiwan was made a military station, then it would be the primary target of any aggressor, since directly attacking the mainland would cause the enemy to be sandwiched.

Reinforced bunkers may help, but after the SAM sites have been wiped out with cruise missiles, the heavy bombers may come in with ground penetrating bombs.

That's the point. By knowing exactly where your enemy have to attack first you have the upperhand. The good general imposes his will on others but does not let others impose their will on him.

But the populance of Taiwan will then have to suffer. I wish things never comes down to this.

That's the point. By knowing exactly where your enemy have to attack first you have the upperhand. The good general imposes his will on others but does not let others impose their will on him.

But the populance of Taiwan will then have to suffer. I wish things never comes down to this.

Generals may know where the enemy will attack, but can they really defend against it? Do they know where the enemy will launch cruise missiles? Can the SAMs do their job?

Lol and how is leaving the Island undefended and without support gonna help?

edit: Or put it this way, would you rather lose Taiwan after a tough but predictable fight, or lose Taiwan from the start and face an unpredictable conflict because the enemy now has more options?

I might even venture to add that the day China is likely to reunify with Taiwan will have to also depend on their confidence of safeguarding Taiwan in the event of a potential conflict.

If politically not ready, unification is unlikely. If militarily not ready, might also unlikely to happen. It's not so much whether China can defeat Taiwan, but whether it can protect Taiwan from potential agressors.

Last edited:
First, people like you never think use their brain but their foot.

Taiwan is about our territory integrity and I have said that is about the only one issue China will fight whoever the enemy will be.

However, for other issues, I do not try to brag about our economics development or weapon systems as if we are already the top one.

I do not initiate provocative comments indicating that China should form an alliance against US or other provocative comments against US or India.

Hypocrite? I love my country and its unity. That is about it. I am not like you who is acting like a fighting 公鸡 and it seems the only thing that makes you happy is to have a major conflict either with US or India.

At least, for me, I have no intention to initiate any such provocative acts. Even for Taiwan, I do not think we need to initiate attack if it does not declare independence or have foreign power occupation.

Even for now, you still cannot see the difference between you and I. I am really disappointed and it is really 对牛弹琴。

I understand you quite well now. You want China to be submissive towards other nations but aggressive towards your own countrymen. You would of made a wonderful Red Guard during the Cultural Revolution! :china:

Funny you say you don't brag about Chinese military or economy like you are trying to show me an example, but the thing is, I never bragged once. Maybe I'm wrong though, prove me wrong. :agree:

And before you keep accusing me provoking war between US and India why don't you find some quotes made by me. I would find it myself but really, it's not that important to me but I know this means a lot to you.

"you still cannot see the difference between you and I" What does that mean?? lol. I think I saw the difference the moment you made your 1st post on my thread.

:wave:

About Taiwan.
If CCP dare to compromise on this issue, Chinese people will soon allow them to step down, and CCP is aware of that.
<Chinese anti-secession law>provides that any act of secession would mean war.

I personally think all the talks about who would attack Taiwan if it was used as a naval base pointless. Who would want to attack Taiwan in the first place? Attacking Taiwan would be a declaration of war with China. No countries in Asia would want to do that, not even japan. The invaders would have to have a damn good reason before they even consider attacking Taiwan and China. They would be risking an international, political, economical and military response.

I understand you quite well now. You want China to be submissive towards other nations but aggressive towards your own countrymen. You would of made a wonderful Red Guard during the Cultural Revolution! :china:

Funny you say you don't brag about Chinese military or economy like you are trying to show me an example, but the thing is, I never bragged once. Maybe I'm wrong though, prove me wrong. :agree:

And before you keep accusing me provoking war between US and India why don't you find some quotes made by me. I would find it myself but really, it's not that important to me but I know this means a lot to you.

"you still cannot see the difference between you and I" What does that mean?? lol. I think I saw the difference the moment you made your 1st post on my thread.

:wave:

What kind of idiots are you???

Where the heck did I mention that I have to be submissive towards other nations???

Does bragging make we China/Chinese more aggressive??? What kind of fcuk-up theory is that?

Throughout your posts, they are full of Chauvinist attempts to dominate neighboring countries, racist remarks as well as provocative languages. Anyone who are interested can check your past 200 or so posts.

India and US members definitely can concur to that.

We have problems with India and US. However, China does not want them to be our enemies. Generally speaking, if one country wants an enemy, he will get one for sure simply by its attitude. What will be the benefits to have them on the opposite side?

We are not afraid of any country in the world and we will always maintain our territory integrity. We are focusing on economics development and make people in China to have a better life. However, that does not mean we have to achieve that by being aggressive or intimidating.

BTW, we still do not have that much in our basket to act that way anyway.

Last edited:
If both country reunify, Taiwan is in a very important location for PLAN base, possibly much better than Hainan island.

Agreed.
Taiwan is like a unsinkable aircraft carrier and is pivotal for any country that want to reign supreme in the region.

The day US looses Taiwan that will be end of US dominance in the region.

What kind of idiots are you???

Where the heck did I mention that I have to be submissive towards other nations???

Does bragging make we China/Chinese more aggressive??? What kind of fcuk-up theory is that?

Throughout your posts, they are full of Chauvinist attempts to dominate neighboring countries, racist remarks as well as provocative languages. Anyone who are interested can check your past 200 or so posts.

India and US members definitely can concur to that.

We have problems with India and US. However, China does not want them to be our enemies. Generally speaking, if one country wants an enemy, he will get one for sure simply by its attitude. What will be the benefits to have them on the opposite side?

We are not afraid of any country in the world and we will always maintain our territory integrity. We are focusing on economics development and make people in China to have a better life. However, that does not mean we have to achieve that by being aggressive or intimidating.

BTW, we still do not have that much in our basket to act that way anyway.

What's the matter, you can accuse me of provoking war (lol) but I can't accuse you wanting China to be submissive?

You really like to exaggerate stuff, don't you? Mr. Modest Chinese peace loving guy who is prepared for a "big showdown" for Taiwan :disagree:

The only "Chauvinist" posts made by me were in the "Thinking about Vietnam" thread which I provided many evidence to support Chinese superiority over Vietnam.

And the only "provocative" posts made by me were in regards to Japan, who many fellow Chinese would agree.

And those about US and India are either replies to chinese-hating posts or topics which tries to make China look bad. So, you dumb village dog, are you still wagging your tail or are you ready to sit down?

Back
Top Bottom