What's new

Countering Possible Sale of F-35 to Taiwan

What's the matter, you can accuse me of provoking war (lol) but I can't accuse you wanting China to be submissive?

You really like to exaggerate stuff, don't you? Mr. Modest Chinese peace loving guy who is prepared for a "big showdown" for Taiwan :disagree:

The only "Chauvinist" posts made by me were in the "Thinking about Vietnam" thread which I provided many evidence to support Chinese superiority over Vietnam.

And the only "provocative" posts made by me were in regards to Japan, who many fellow Chinese would agree.

And those about US and India are either replies to chinese-hating posts or topics which tries to make China look bad. So, you dumb village dog, are you still wagging your tail or are you ready to sit down?

Look, I don't care who you are. Stop making these idiotic posts.

So I take it you won't tell anything.

what are you talking about?

out of no where you said "i dont care who you are"
then i replied "you don't even need to worry about who i am"
and now you say "so i take it you won't tell anything"

what do you even mean? just what the fcuk are you talking about man? LOL

maybe you should just stay on topic bro, but if the village dog needs you to help him argue then he will let you know, got it? :eek:

Yeah people can't take you seriously if you insult them like that, even if you have valid points.

You're right, so maybe I shouldn't have called him a dumb village dog, right? Hmmm interesting. I will keep that in mind. Thanks bro.

You're right, so maybe I shouldn't have called him a dumb village dog, right? Hmmm interesting. I will keep that in mind. Thanks bro.

別緊張,你不應該濫用你的同胞

Lol and how is leaving the Island undefended and without support gonna help?

edit: Or put it this way, would you rather lose Taiwan after a tough but predictable fight, or lose Taiwan from the start and face an unpredictable conflict because the enemy now has more options?

I might even venture to add that the day China is likely to reunify with Taiwan will have to also depend on their confidence of safeguarding Taiwan in the event of a potential conflict.

If politically not ready, unification is unlikely. If militarily not ready, might also unlikely to happen. It's not so much whether China can defeat Taiwan, but whether it can protect Taiwan from potential agressors.

So you are saying that China looks at the potential of turning Taiwan into a military base BEFORE it reunifies?

That would be illogical, since Taiwan is a huge economic asset. Any attack on Taiwan itself would hurt the economy.

Taiwan is the equivalent of another Hong Kong, but its location will allow Chinese military to operate further out and securing trade routes around that region. At the moment America is trying to squeeze China by closing us in. It doesn't take another Einstein to figure that one out (look at South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan and recently India):lol:

So you are saying that China looks at the potential of turning Taiwan into a military base BEFORE it reunifies?

That would be illogical, since Taiwan is a huge economic asset. Any attack on Taiwan itself would hurt the economy.

Nope, this is what I said:

If both country reunify, Taiwan is in a very important location for PLAN base, possibly much better than Hainan island.

I think China should speed up the complete deployment of the J-20 and other big-ticket military assets before the USA sells huge number of arms to Taiwan for the 999th time(sarcastic figure). The aim is to have an overwhelming military advantage not only over Taiwan, but over all three South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan combined. As China's economy grows, China must have 4-5 carrier battle groups and must have 500+ stealth fighters for the benefit of the citizens of the PRC.

Again,J20 is not to counter the ROC military force which is striking for a batch of F16C/D.The J20 is a signal to the USN agressive exercise in the yellow sea last year,If it didnt happen,the PLA will not even bother to release it.As far as I know,most of the current PLA plans are focused on the time windows of 2015-2016 which is belived by the Chinese policy makers that will have main worldwide military,economy and geopolitical changes.

I think China should speed up the complete deployment of the J-20 and other big-ticket military assets before the USA sells huge number of arms to Taiwan for the 999th time(sarcastic figure). The aim is to have an overwhelming military advantage not only over Taiwan, but over all three South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan combined. As China's economy grows, China must have 4-5 carrier battle groups and must have 500+ stealth fighters for the benefit of the citizens of the PRC.

3 carrier groups for managing small countries is good enough. Within 10 years our greatest enemies will still be large countries like US. We need next generation weapons that are just being researched: electromagnetic, kinetic and information weapons. Orbiting solar lasers, global jammers, next generation ASAT missiles, etc.

lol....so many chinese keyboard warriors....

"ARR....CUT DOWN THOSE SLIMY AMERICAN SLUGS...MAKE THE TAIWANESE SCUM WALK THE PLANK"

Seriously?...The way i see it taiwan is not going to be a part of china in the forseeable future...the amercans wont let that happen..not to mention the host of other states thats going to oppose as well. Taiwan is going to be what cuba was to the states during the cold war era.Except that this cuba is modern and has a lot of help.

And you are an indian keybord warrior too. See you are not any better. :wave:

The strength of US is in their military powess and global reach. The weakness is also hidden in their bases around the world. Overall the numbers are strong but individually the bases are isolated. They must have the majority agreeing with them in any important conflicts they embark on.

Effectiveness of carrier battle groups is dimished without naval base supply/support.

War is an extension of politics and cannot be considered separately

The US is worried about Egypt uprising because of their potential of spreading to other arab countries where the US has bases in. (currently there is under 1000 US military personel in Egypt and can be evacuated reasonably quickly, they will be watching till september)

On the first Gulf war, people likes to debate whether US should have taken out Saddam and overthrow Iraq back then. They ignore the fact that the Gulf war were not fought by US alone but by a large group of Coalition countries (Though US troops makes up the largest share ) supported by Arab countries.

HSR link to south east asia and central asia are an effort to change dynamism in the regions around china.

The strength of US is in their military powess and global reach. The weakness is also hidden in their bases around the world. Overall the numbers are strong but individually the bases are isolated. They must have the majority agreeing with them in any important conflicts they embark on.

Effectiveness of carrier battle groups is dimished without naval base supply/support.

War is an extension of politics and cannot be considered separately

The US is worried about Egypt uprising because of their potential of spreading to other arab countries where the US has bases in. (currently there is under 1000 US military personel in Egypt and can be evacuated reasonably quickly, they will be watching till september)

On the first Gulf war, people likes to debate whether US should have taken out Saddam and overthrow Iraq back then. They ignore the fact that the Gulf war were not fought by US alone but by a large group of Coalition countries (Though US troops makes up the largest share ) supported by Arab countries.

HSR link to south east asia and central asia are an effort to change dynamism in the regions around china.

You're right, the RAND report on a potential strait war emphasis there is only one US airbase (Kadena AFB) within 500 miles of the straits. (not counting of course Taiwan's own bases but those would be the focus of the first salvo of missiles)

It's an interesting report. http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/files/2008_RAND_Pacific_View_Air_Combat_Briefing.pdf

They estimate the US can keep in the air roughly 6 F-22's then goes on to question how robust stealth tech is to developments in sensor technology.

Back
Top Bottom