What's new

Countering Cold Start doctrine by PAF

Hi,

Cold start or otherwise---the bottomline is what price does india have in its mind to pay for this adventure. It is not going to be one sided love affair.

People must understand that india is holding out its strike for some reason---is it because its hand are tied---is it because it is scared---or is it because it cannot afford to do it financially---or is it because after all the hoopla---it does not have enough fire power in man material weapons and support to do the job.

Financially---indias hands, are tied behind its back---any act of war and all the call centers and computer centers are history---all this welfare and wel-being is only good till the first bomb is dropped after that, there are no holds barred.

As Collin Powell had stated---eastern european countries have all the talent that is needed and required to set up the centers---.

Or come to think of it in millitary terms---you have no battle hardened troops at this moment accept for those who have killed innocent and helpless in occupied kashmir.

Trsut me on that---a division of battle hardened troops is better than five divisions of troops who have not seen real action.

That is why praise to Musharraf---he kept rotating troops in Fata all tht ime and same goes for Kiyani---.

That is what the biggest problem india has----its troops lack first hand high class millitary combat experience. Pak millitary fight with al qaeda is of the highest intensity---where the enemy has no fear of death---secondly---the war is being fought at a higher altitude than it would be fought on the indian front in punjab and sindh---that gives a much better endurance to the troops.

The air force if flying live missions day in and day out---the helicopters are launching assaults on the enemy camps---. My troops are well prepped for war---they just need to change their direction and resource---.

The millitary people over here understand what I am talking about.

So---there is no fear factor over here on our side---as a matter of fact it is a welcome sign---. Our goal and target is south india---at any and every cost---.

You need to look at it and think about it---what is GOOD LIFE worth to an indian---is it worth peace---is it worth a solution for kashmir issue---remember---right now---we can do all the right things and come out smelling like roses---it is just swallowing a bit of ego for you and for me, my pride---.

There is a quote posted on a wall in the sales office at my work---

" OPPURTUNITY ALWAYS LOOKS BIGGER GOING, THAN COMING "----which to a layman mean---you appreciate what you had after you lose it---.

Hi,

Cold start or otherwise---the bottomline is what price does india have in its mind to pay for this adventure. It is not going to be one sided love affair.

People must understand that india is holding out its strike for some reason---is it because its hand are tied---is it because it is scared---or is it because it cannot afford to do it financially---or is it because after all the hoopla---it does not have enough fire power in man material weapons and support to do the job.

Financially---indias hands, are tied behind its back---any act of war and all the call centers and computer centers are history---all this welfare and wel-being is only good till the first bomb is dropped after that, there are no holds barred.

As Collin Powell had stated---eastern european countries have all the talent that is needed and required to set up the centers---.

Or come to think of it in millitary terms---you have no battle hardened troops at this moment accept for those who have killed innocent and helpless in occupied kashmir.

Trsut me on that---a division of battle hardened troops is better than five divisions of troops who have not seen real action.

That is why praise to Musharraf---he kept rotating troops in Fata all tht ime and same goes for Kiyani---.

That is what the biggest problem india has----its troops lack first hand high class millitary combat experience. Pak millitary fight with al qaeda is of the highest intensity---where the enemy has no fear of death---secondly---the war is being fought at a higher altitude than it would be fought on the indian front in punjab and sindh---that gives a much better endurance to the troops.

The air force if flying live missions day in and day out---the helicopters are launching assaults on the enemy camps---. My troops are well prepped for war---they just need to change their direction and resource---.

So---there is no fear factor over here on our side---as a matter of fact it is a welcome sign---. Our goal and target is south india---at any and every cost---.

You need to look at it and think about it---what is GOOD LIFE worth to an indian---is it worth peace---is it worth a solution for kashmir issue---remember---right now---we can do all the right things and come out smelling like roses---it is just swallowing a bit of ego for you and for me, my pride---.

" OPPURTUNITY ALWAYS LOOKS BIGGER GOING, THAN COMING "----which to a layman mean---you appreciate what you had after you lose it---.

Mastan sir i am replying to your post because you have brought out some very important points as to why india is holding out the options,if you look carefully indian planners at not time are interested in an attack the cold start doctrine emphasis on that very principle , people fail to understand and always point it as an offensive option think at it in a defensive way the cold start is the very principal that the whole indian establishment is following, the armed forces and the political setup all are hands together on this they are not hands tied they are trying out the same principle that the old cold war was limited to and that is to bite time , time is the essence there , they dont want a solution to any problem they want to engage pakistan on multiple fronts how -

1. create a doctrine thats for domestic consumption and the media pics up on it to create a hysteria.

2. prepare and modulate or suck the enemy into believing that they are going something very big and yet their hands are tied, their hands are not tied actually they want to project this hands tied option because they never are interested in the option as they are aware of realities.

3. the political establishment is in sync they are talking and talking over matters with no result , the international people want india -pak to talk and thats what they are doing whats the outcome nothing they want it to have nothing

4. engage pakistan in a long drawn conflict ,they want pakistan to continue the war on terror and come on we all know this so called war is draining pakistan in more ways than one , the unrest is driving the youth away from the main focus of education and advancement.they want to bite more and more time they will never attack

5. the idea of the whole motive is to gel and create an environment where pakistan itself is drawn into a big tangle of unrest in society and likewise.

last four years people here have debated that this might happen in war that might happen in war and what not and we got this and we got that but war is actually on its not fought with fighters or sams it with a wily sense of understanding the reserves that india is creating in all its fields is precursor to the times ahead be it economic, education healthcare,infrstructure they want pakistan to engage but very tactfully pakistan has avoided this sort of match up but i can see here the youth feels that war will be theoutcome and that india will attack one day with forces no india is not going to attack with forces they have already attacked the minds of the avg youth into believing that war is the solution and pakistan must match up india in all fields this match up will bring the downfall this cold start is an instigator to directly ask pakistan to match up so far its effects have been mixed but you can see pakistan is slowly being pulled into believing that india is onto something big against it militarily
whats the result you order 150 jf-17 india can get 150 odds of each of the 6 mrca fighters how long with pakistan match up? the establishment says we are kepping a deterrent and defensive approach but reality shows they are getting sucked up into this false sense of belief and understanding that we need to do more.

india wants pakistan to do more and more they want you to believe that you are lacking behind they want you to spend your last peeny on the illusion that one day war will be fought draw similar story from the late 80s during cold war , the war was never there there was no war but the threat of war is the most telling effect that can affect human mind , and cold start is exactly that a threat of war but no real war pakistans can believe this at their own peril.

Moscow,

Thankyou for your post---what you are saying---there lies the problem---india is betting that the way it is going---it will strangulate pakistan---I understand that---what you are forgetting is that desperate people do desperate things.

I want the indian to understand----don't be the Yasser Arafat of india---don't do what Arafat did to palestine when he walked out of camp david------till then he never knew how good things were---till they got worse.

Same thing with india and pak---india has a habbit of not talking to pakistan whem paks standing is weak---and that is a bad strategy---as a matter of fact india has walked out under those circumstances---.

Now, you can do that to someone who is not a nuc power. Secondly---the U S is at the verge of leaving afg---anytime now---the recall for the troops is slowly gathering speed---it will happen and end at a lightening pace. Then again india will be left with pakistan on its own---.

Better make peace now and leave a better world for the children---.

Only if pakistan starts marketing itself properly in the u s and start talking about india and indians and how they are taking the jobs to india---taking all the money back to india---taking american jobs---ifpakistan can learn to spread the word what the indians are doing and and invest in lobbying---india will be in a terrible condition.

A lots of americans hate the indians for not paying profit---taking their jobs and technology---only if pakistan can learn to do that---they have won the war---.

But looking at this board and reading the comments from forctip and tameem
and few others---you don't have to worry for the time being.

But if I can have my way---and come across some ten to twenty million dollars of hard cash---I will give you guys a run for your money---. I will make the americans hate you---and do the same as the australians have done to you and kick you out of this country---I will literrally light the fire that no indian will get a working visa to get to the u s for any computer job---as long as there is an american who can press a key on the key board.

American jobs for the american public---but you are lucky---I got my hands tied---I have to deal with fools whohave no brains and intellect in how to deal with the indians in america or indians in the sub continent---. You are fortunate that you deal with pakistanis---most of them cannot see farther than the tip of their noses.

Hi,

Dear MK,
The CSD is NOT an offensive doctrine, per se. Contrast that to Pakistan's offensive-defensive doctrine. It is an extension of a diplomatic/political onslaught - if you may. The policy is NOT to attack Pakistan out of the blue, but only when everything else absolutely fails. That may never happen. Even in the worst of times, diplomatic channels have always been open.
People must understand that India is holding out its strike for some reason---is it because its hand are tied---is it because it is scared---or is it because it cannot afford to do it financially---or is it because after all the hoopla---it does not have enough fire power in man material weapons and support to do the job.
Let me ask you one question. How is CSD even related to the 'surgical strikes' that was being touted on the waves in the recent past? Absolutely no relation. Here's why.
A terrorist attack on Mumbai with its origins, planning and perpetrators coming from Pakistan did create fury among Indian establishment. There was an all out effort to corner Pakistan, which in fact was very successful. Surgical strikes were an option, among many others, on the table to achieve what India wanted. Surgical strikes didnt mean air strikes only. You, of all people must have been aware of this.
Anyhow, even if India was to implement surgical strikes, what would the targets be? A few lousy tents in training camps in Pakistan? Now is it really worth it to escalate an already tense situation by indulging in such an adventure? No, sir. It just doesnt make any sense, both militarily and diplomatically.
As far as CSD is concerned, it is not a knee jerk reaction to a terrorist attack in India, originating in Pakistan. Its a well thought out plan taking every imaginable contingency into consideration. Its to be implemented only and only when GoI and the President of India gives the green light for the armed forces of India to attack Pakistan. A clear directive.
The very purpose of CSD is to avoid the said scenario. You might be well aware of some of the details as to how CSD is to be carried out. So I assume you do have a fairly good knowledge that CSD is to prevent Pakistan reaching for the 'red' button, but then capture just enough territory to push/force Pakistan into negotiations on terms favorable to India. That is the political endpoint for CSD.
India's hands are not tied back due to financial constraints. Quite the contrary, sir. It is Pakistan whose hands and feet are tied. For all the bravado about nuclear warheads, missiles and delivery platforms Pakistan possesses, Pakistan will have to think very hard before launching even a conventionally tipped missile. I have said this often and will repeat this again, India is NOT going to wait till a missile launched from Pakistan hits India to find out if it carried a conventional or nuclear warhead. Any launch of any missile from Pakistan, which India can conveniently monitor real-time, will be construed as a nuclear attack (Ha, the first use policy is a double edged sword with the sharper edge being closer to your own neck than you would like to believe) prompting a massive retaliation. Your missiles are, sorry to say, pretty much display pieces - i.e. unless Pakistan is prepared for trip back to the bronze age.
Location, location location and population. Pretty much sums up why India and China are favored destinations for out-sourcing.

That is horse manure, if I may. You view that Indian troops are incapable or inexperienced is flawed and even dangerous if you were the present chief.
Indian troops have one of the best COIN strategies and the best forces come to train with us. That is why the Army is so feared and respected. The forces can go into any area which is infested by insurgents and gain a upper hand in a short time.
If Pakistani troops are so well experienced, pray, why arent they willing to step into some areas controlled by the Taliban? Why do we sometimes hear troops surrendering to the taliban? How do your troops get captured by the taliban? Contrast that to Indian troops and their ability quickly enforce government control.

COIN ops are very different from ops in open fields of Punjab or from those in the deserts of Thar or even ops in the mighty Himalayas. Pakistan's army has always trained for conventional warfare, while COIN ops are a relatively new facet of training. Indian troops have both types of training. They do well against insurgencies adn proved their mettle in a conventional warfare in Kargil against your own regulars.
A wet dream. Thats all there is to it.

Its so easy for expatriates to comment on such issues, while your countrymen are trapped in a vicious orgy of violence, religious fundamentalism, bloodbath and a vested interest driven anti-India rhetoric. The onus is on Pakistan, whether it wants peace and prosperity for its common man or will it succumb, both ideologically and physically to the religious fundamentalism which is slowly infecting its youth.

Moscow,

Thankyou for your post---what you are saying---there lies the problem---india is betting that the way it is going---it will strangulate pakistan---I understand that---what you are forgetting is that desperate people do desperate things.

I want the indian to understand----don't be the Yasser Arafat of india---don't do what Arafat did to palestine when he walked out of camp david------till then he never knew how good things were---till they got worse.

Same thing with india and pak---india has a habbit of not talking to pakistan whem paks standing is weak---and that is a bad strategy---as a matter of fact india has walked out under those circumstances---.

Now, you can do that to someone who is not a nuc power. Secondly---the U S is at the verge of leaving afg---anytime now---the recall for the troops is slowly gathering speed---it will happen and end at a lightening pace. Then again india will be left with pakistan on its own---.

Only if pakistan starts marketing itself properly in the u s and start talking about india and indians and how they are taking the jobs to india---taking all the money back to india---taking american jobs---ifpakistan can learn to spread the word what the indians are doing and and invest in lobbying---india will be in a terrible condition.

A lots of americans hate the indians for not paying profit---taking their jobs and technology---only if pakistan can learn to do that---they have won the war---.

But if I can have my way---and come across some ten to twenty million dollars of hard cash---I will give you guys a run for your money---. I will make the americans hate you---and do the same as the australians have done to you and kick you out of this country---I will literrally light the fire that no indian will get a working visa to get to the u s for any computer job---as long as there is an american who can press a key on the key board.

American jobs for the american public---but you are lucky---I got my hands tied---I have to deal with fools whohave no brains and intellect in how to deal with the indians in america or indians in the sub continent---. You are fortunate that you deal with pakistanis---most of them cannot see farther than the tip of their noses.

sir the times have changed this is not the 70s first of all.
secondly you brought out the point pakistan is a nuclear state yes it is and it does have positives but it has many negatives too , what does being nuclear mean india is not interested in talking , they are not going to attack you with a military so whats that to do with a nuke , you cant fire the nuke for not talking.india knows the problems with armed conflict thats what i said they want the avg pakistani to believe they are going to attack and you know the mass effect the population has on the thinking of establishment.
so nuclear or no nuclear thats not a point.

yes india dosent want to talk , yes do want to do it deliberately tell me what can pakistan do is there answer to this by pakistan, india is creating a war hysteria and keeping pakistan interested and engaged

yes 3rd point US is going to leave afganistan true so what do you want pakistan will have influence in the region yes true so what what do you expect to do there in afganistan , the unrest that is being inflicted in the society is like a poison its got spread in the thinking the most important thing is to capture the human imagination and see the effects here
sit tell me truely in this very forum you will find youth who believe that the recent flodds were created by india, when there is famine they want to think its india when something goes wrong they want you to think its india. the indians want the youth of pakistan to give up on the stuides limit their though process and enagage in a tussle this is what is happening you can feel that too in a micro society here in the forum itself and they are succeeding and pakistan is falling for it

what india is doing here can be summed up in the forum language as trolling and then take their hands away leave the others and the antis to fight amongst each other.the destruction of society its structure its backbone , afgan hold nothing positive for pakistan once US leaves pakistan will try to infuence more on the proceeding but what will it gain tell me what is the gain , ethnic violence , more refugees more jehadis whats the afgan question here nothing.

yes very point about lobbying there also india wants pakistan to match up sir you will know india spent 550 million a year as lobbying expense in the us alone in 2007-08 and they have the huge jewish lobby to support them , yes you want pakistan to lobby against india in the US thats what india wants too spend more and more on lobbying they want you send 550 then they will increase it to 1000 again pak must increse it to how long how effective its futile experiment in terms of human and financial resouce india is way ahead and you know this.

true you are a lot infact majority of pakistanis are hating the US so what is there any change is there any problem nothing hatred will yeild nothing if hatred is to be marketed they it will backfire for sure its not a solution.

sir not possible in todays world its not worth and not a one mans joband also one more point the white man dosent undestand a pakistani and an indian i am sorry to say but deep inside uits the hite man and its the brown man thats hard reality although we want to sugarcoat it always so what you are pointing to is self destruction thats what even india is willing to do.
as for me worrying its insignificant i worry more about my bread than whats happening in southasia for the love of god thats true.

the simple answer sir just like your post reflected pakistan is being drawn into an india hate campaign and india -away , india destruct campaign and they are being affected themselves i the though in the mind and in the realities
thats cold start sir and its already started it COLD STARTED

Moscow,
Do you even know why Arafat walked out of Camp David Summit? Do you know what was offered to Arafat as Palestinian territories for him to storm off like that? That whole summit was a farce.
Same thing with india and pak---india has a habbit of not talking to pakistan whem paks standing is weak---and that is a bad strategy---as a matter of fact india has walked out under those circumstances---

US leaving Afghanistan? When did that happen? Or it seems that you have some insider knowledge.
Anyhow, India is not is just upping and leaving the dinner table just for kicks. When Pakistan has been the one to instigate military misadventures, when Pakistan has been the one who lets anti-India groups a free reign in its territories, when Pakistan is the one who cannot exercise control over the activities of such anti-India groups, when Pakistan is the one who in recent past nurtured and provided all sorts of support to such anti-India groups for their nefarious activities on Indian territory and yet comes to the negotiation table with its own outrageous demands, what do you expect us to do? Take BS? No sir, aint happening.

Your government has absolutely no power over many matters of the state and is subservient to the all powerful Pakistan army and establishment. So what use are those negotiations with your govt representatives when ultimately those agreements can be vetoed by your military establishment, as has happened in the past on numerous occasions?
India has isolated Pakistan diplomatically so much that the whole world has changed its perspective about Pakistan.

I shall ignore the rest of your post as a delusional rant. You are better than this, I have seen it.

gubbi..you've wokeup on the wrong side of the bed. Greatest Empires have fallen as well india has yet to rise keep slow down your pace its not bollywood life. Your post is proof like govt like people absolutely not interested in peace a pre-decided mindset and answer that "we're not coming to table." You see this attitude will take you down.
Read MK's post again. It is Pakistan that has always invited india to the table for talks, you people on the other hand for too long ignored walked out and kept silent, when things could have been resolved.
As MastanKhan said "desperate people do desperate things."
There might come a time you people would be coming desperately for talks and it would be too late because "a desperate person have only revenge for one who brings ruins to their home", you know what It means. You post has nothing but cries and babbling, straighten your attitudes come to the table lets resolve issues.

gubbi..you've wokeup on the wrong side of the bed. Greatest Empires have fallen as well india has yet to rise keep slow down your pace its not bollywood life. Your post is proof like govt like people absolutely not interested in peace a pre-decided mindset and answer that "we're not coming to table." You see this attitude will take you down.
Read MK's post again. It is Pakistan that has always invited india to the table for talks, you people on the other hand for too long ignored walked out and kept silent, when things could have been resolved.
As MastanKhan said "desperate people do desperate things."
There might come a time you people would be coming desperately for talks and it would be too late because "a desperate person have only revenge for one who brings ruins to their home", you know what It means. You post has nothing but cries and babbling, straighten your attitudes come to the table lets resolve issues.

Well you and MK are saying that IN didn;t want to talk. Can you explain what happened when ABV came to PK? Who scuttled the peace process than?

What happend to you MK? You were better than this.
Moscow,

Who says we are not talking? Have you seen the press conf of FM in PK. Who was getting emotional there? Do you want to do all negotiation in front of public with live feed and news anchor asking to send SMS is you agree or not.
Now, you can do that to someone who is not a nuc power.
Do you mean that you will use it because IN is not talking?
Secondly---the U S is at the verge of leaving afg---anytime now---the recall for the troops is slowly gathering speed---it will happen and end at a lightening pace. Then again india will be left with pakistan on its own---.
Which means AT might come to help there PK Tal (-ve for you), Increased violence will mean more refugees in PK (-ve for you),
US and EU lose interest in PK (-ve for you).
So what were you saying?
Thats called making a bargain with gun held to your own head.
Exacly the points mascow was making. You are so much tied with IN that you are missing the opportunities like these. Well I must say if thats what CS is all abt, than its working. Don't you think?
No paying profit??? What you mean here.
As for US citizen hateing IN, I say there was thread in PDF sometime back abt some PK ppls in US using IN identity (Its when this Shazad guy tried car bombing), this says lot about how US ppl see IN and PK.

I think we can agree that this is nothing but rant. 3 IN biggies between them generate billion $$$ in prft every qtr. They will outgun you 1:100 to keep there profit coming.
And them what if American themselves are not intrested in pressing a key? Who destroyed Detroit? I don't think JP or CN did that.
Well that what Moscow claims CS is all abt.

Actually, it's important to consider what the Indians are saying in light of Kargil.

Despite the Indian self-delusion, we all know that Pakistan was winning in Kargil until Israel flew in to bail out the floundering Indians. Even then, it was Nawaz Sharif, under Bill Clinton's "advice", who ordered Pakistan to withdraw. I agree that such foreign "advice" would not be honored if India invaded Pakistan proper, but the question remains what exactly Clinton told Sharif to "convince" him.

Is it possible the US may guarantee it will intercept any Pakistani launched nukes, not because it wants to help India per se, but only to make sure that the war doesn't go nuclear?

Which begs the (technical) question: what happens if you intercept a nuke-carrying missile in transit? Does it still cause a nuclear explosion?

Actually, it's important to consider what the Indians are saying in light of Kargil.

Despite the Indian self-delusion, we all know that Pakistan was winning in Kargil until Israel flew in to bail out the floundering Indians. Even then, it was Nawaz Sharif, under Bill Clinton's "advice", who ordered Pakistan to withdraw. I agree that such foreign "advice" would not be honored if India invaded Pakistan proper, but the question remains what exactly Clinton told Sharif to "convince" him.

Is it possible the US may guarantee it will intercept any Pakistani launched nukes, not because it wants to help India per se, but only to make sure that the war doesn't go nuclear?

Which begs the (technical) question: what happens if you intercept a nuke-carrying missile in transit? Does it still cause a nuclear explosion?
Hi,
US cannot intercept a nuke launched from Pakistan heading towards India as the US does not have shield here and their aircraft's cannot match the speed of ballistic missiles (hypersonic).US will remain neutral.

Wht a Delusion tht Pakistan was winning Kargil War:lol::lol:.. I mean "Winning" :rofl::rofl:

Even the Sensible Generals during Musharrafs times called it a Blunder

And Israel Bailed out India.. Tht was also good Joke :lol::rofl:

a. Clinton pretty much told him that they would not stop the Indians from opening another front - maybe in Lahore unless Pakistan withdrew.

b. Pakistan was winning in Kargil? Winning what?? They were constantly being pushed back and India had recaptured important peaks overlooking National Highway 1.

a. Clinton pretty much told him that they would not stop the Indians from opening another front - maybe in Lahore unless Pakistan withdrew.

Uh huh, whatever makes you sleep better at night.

b. Pakistan was winning in Kargil? Winning what?? They were constantly being pushed back and India had recaptured important peaks overlooking National Highway 1.

IntelliBriefs: How Israel helped India win the Kargil War

Keep in mind that this is an Indian source so it still perpetuates the myth that India was 'winning', but even so it acknowledges that Israel helped out where India was hopelessly outclassed.

In any case, this is getting off-topic; the main point is how much leverage US will have over Pakistani reaction to an Indian invasion on Pakistan proper. I think the Indians are deluding themselves if they think Pakistan will listen to Uncle Sam like we did in Kargil.

Last edited:
@ Develepreo

U giving Israel so muich credit as if if they wud not have helped..India uwd had been never regained position

Well..No Doubt we All Thank Israel for Providing Laser Guided Bombs :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom