What's new

Countdown to Iran retaliation against Israel strike?

Oops it seems there was a retaliation, but from Israel; again! IRI, please say you will retaliate. I love it when you say it with a caveat: "when the fat lady sings, or when the pigs fly". I am having a grand old time seeing IRI's a** (not Iran since I do not equate the two) get kicked in Syria.

doesn't matter if YOU don't personally consider the two the same, IRI is iran on the international scale and in the eyes of billions. iran is getting humiliated, when people write history books they won't create a different subsection for IRI just to pander to the feelings of iranians. ANY humiliation goes in the same damn book that cites iran's previous failures going back THOUSANDS of yrs, from the greek-persian wars to the arab invasion, to now.

doesn't matter if YOU don't personally consider the two the same, IRI is iran on the international scale and in the eyes of billions. iran is getting humiliated, when people write history books they won't create a different subsection for IRI just to pander to the feelings of iranians. ANY humiliation goes in the same damn book that cites iran's previous failures going back THOUSANDS of yrs, from the greek-persian wars to the arab invasion, to now.
But I do differentiate between the two: one is a system designed and developed so that a few (a thousand or two) related individuals can skim a nation dry, and the other is a people and culture. I think I understand why you would say that: IRI's politicians and decision makers don't change. They are the same people who have ruled the country for the past 40 years. IRI as a polity has seen very little change. I know IRI is not Iran, the same way Pahlavis weren't Iran.
History doesn't judge nations, but rather people. When people talk of Gaddafi, Saddam, Assad and Khomainie, and the evil they committed, they don't equate that evil with Libya, Iraq, Syria, or Iran. The same way we say the Nazis were evil, not Germans, since not all Germans were Nazis. At least I would.

A hard look at reality needs to be taken to temper any future expectations from Iran regarding the supposed Iranian retaliation against Israel. If you like you can view this as a devils advocates post but to me it's more of a facing reality type of thing. So with that being said I will go ahead and say my piece (fyi, I really don't think what I say matters just wanted to say what I think really).

Note: There is a video showing what is the remains of a Iranian missile convoy that would have been used in an attack against Israel but was destroyed shortly before doing so. This happened in the last 24hours. I couldn't find a way to upload onto this post but it seemed legit (I took it with a grain of salt regardless).

The recent Israeli attack on Syrian and supposed Iranian bases in Sryia again unimpeded with no immediate response is a sign of major weakness on Irans part. There is little debate of this at this point. Iran has shown time and time again it just doesn't have the military equipment on hand in Syria to protect its assets against Israeli attacks that are increasing in severity and material/human damage.

A rational action for Iran would be to cede to Israels demands and indeed leave Syria (at least reduce footprint) to focus on the coming onslaught of US pressure/sanctions. Iran is going to need all focus on the mainland with the future becoming more and more hostile towards Iran. Wasting men, material, missiles and money without hitting Israel back or defending what Iran has is a exercise in futility. How many more commanders and soldiers will be killed because Iran can't adequately defend itself? Russia is a shit "ally" and Syria can only do so much with the war still raging on.

If it sounds like I'm taking the piss out of Iran, I am. Iran deserves it at this point. One can only wake up and listen to news story after news story of IRGC soldiers being slaughtered left and right from airstrikes and all we see is lip service from various Iranian heads of state, IRGC members and defense officials. Truly is a shame that this is what is happening when Iran constantly talks of how Israel doesn't dare attack Iran but in reality Israel is constantly attacking high-value Iranian missile stockpiles and commanders on the field in Syria.

Truth be told Iran needs, and I stress NEEDS to temper its own rhetoric because it's only serving to destroy Iranian credibility at this point.

What we say today/yesterday in Syria was a rather quick series of events that coincided with Trumps JCPOA withdrawal and subsequent reimposing of the worse sanctions Iran was under prior. Israel tells those in Golan-heights to prepare for possible Iranian attack, Israel sets up defenses, Israel notes irregular Iranian movement in Syria, Israel then destroys a Syrian base housing Iranian equipment is Southern Damascus. Iran hasn't said anything. Somebody is either really inept or just outright lying to look like a hero but I really doubt that the Israelis will just tell it's own citizens to hunker down while it sets up expensive equipment in preparation for an attack. My best guess is that Iran was indeed going to attack Israel but had its missiles or the base that was going to fire said missile from destroyed. This is a big, big, big hit to Irans moral.

So, not to go on a long rant (this post is long enough as is). It's time to take a serious hard look at Irans actually capabilities. There needs to be temperance and deescalation. That or Iran stands up for itself and readies for a real war instead of taking constant punches (that are hurting it) or it finishes up and goes back home to focus on the home front.

.....Israel has one thing that no other nation in the Middle East has, that is the power of escalating to their hearts content. US will back it until the last American dollar is spent supporting Israel. Iran has to reprioporiztize or change rhetoric because its action are not in line with its words.

Last edited:
It seems IRI's casualty count will be in teens. So much for "Israel can't do sh*t".
Trump to Netanyahu: "You have green light to take out IRI in Syria"
Netanyahu: "We've been doing that for a while. We just never advertised it till now"
Trump: "Cool, we are going to reimpose sanctions to choke them"

So much for the loudm*uths on this forum who were claiming Armageddon for Israel. I think you have learned a very valuable lesson here: IRI does not have the capability to fight a modern army. The same way that you are getting plummeted due to your hubris and ineptitude, you will also be crushed if and when the US behemoth takes you on. You just live in a fantasy land made of unicorns and virgins. Sweet dreams...

@WordsMatter Can you tell us once again how you came to Islamic Republic of Iran and then got out and the intelligence ministry didn't catch you?

A hard look at reality needs to be taken to temper any future expectations from Iran regarding the supposed Iranian retaliation against Israel. If you like you can view this as a devils advocates post but to me it's more of a facing reality type of thing. So with that being said I will go ahead and say my piece (fyi, I really don't think what I say matters just wanted to say what I think really).

Note: There is a video showing what is the remains of a Iranian missile convoy that would have been used in an attack against Israel but was destroyed shortly before doing so. This happened in the last 24hours. I couldn't find a way to upload onto this post but it seemed legit (I took it with a grain of salt regardless).

The recent Israeli attack on Syrian and supposed Iranian bases in Sryia again unimpeded with no immediate response is a sign of major weakness on Irans part. There is little debate of this at this point. Iran has shown time and time again it just doesn't have the military equipment on hand in Syria to protect its assets against Israeli attacks that are increasing in severity and material/human damage.

A rational action for Iran would be to cede to Israels demands and indeed leave Syria (at least reduce footprint) to focus on the coming onslaught of US pressure/sanctions. Iran is going to need all focus on the mainland with the future becoming more and more hostile towards Iran. Wasting men, material, missiles and money without hitting Israel back or defending what Iran has is a exercise in futility. How many more commanders and soldiers will be killed because Iran can't adequately defend itself? Russia is a shit "ally" and Syria can only do so much with the war still raging on.

If it sounds like I'm taking the piss out of Iran, I am. Iran deserves it at this point. One can only wake up and listen to news story after news story of IRGC soldiers being slaughtered left and right from airstrikes and all we see is lip service from various Iranian heads of state, IRGC members and defense officials. Truly is a shame that this is what is happening when Iran constantly talks of how Israel doesn't dare attack Iran but in reality Israel is constantly attacking high-value Iranian missile stockpiles and commanders on the field in Syria.

Truth be told Iran needs, and I stress NEEDS to temper its own rhetoric because it's only serving to destroy Iranian credibility at this point.

What we say today/yesterday in Syria was a rather quick series of events that coincided with Trumps JCPOA withdrawal and subsequent reimposing of the worse sanctions Iran was under prior. Israel tells those in Golan-heights to prepare for possible Iranian attack, Israel sets up defenses, Israel notes irregular Iranian movement in Syria, Israel then destroys a Syrian base housing Iranian equipment is Southern Damascus. Iran hasn't said anything. Somebody is either really inept or just outright lying to look like a hero but I really doubt that the Israelis will just tell it's own citizens to hunker down while it sets up expensive equipment in preparation for an attack. My best guess is that Iran was indeed going to attack Israel but had its missiles or the base that was going to fire said missile from destroyed. This is a big, big, big hit to Irans moral.

So, not to go on a long rant (this post is long enough as is). It's time to take a serious hard look at Irans actually capabilities. There needs to be temperance and deescalation. That or Iran stands up for itself and readies for a real war instead of taking constant punches (that are hurting it) or it finishes up and goes back home to focus on the home front.

.....Israel has one thing that no other nation in the Middle East has, that is the power of escalating to their hearts content. US will back it until the last American dollar is spent supporting Israel. Iran has to reprioporiztize or change rhetoric because its action are not in line with its words.
I see all these comments from everyone interpreting lack of retaliation from Iran a sign of weakness.

This is not a chicken game between two school kids. This is a strategic game with long term consequences. I don't buy any of these claims that Iran has any intention to actually fire missiles at Israel and the reason I don't buy it is that Iran is not going to gain anything out of it. Let's say Iran fires a salvo of missiles against Israel today. What is going to happen next? We know the drill. Iran will be taken to security council and condemned and probably get one or two more resolutions against it. Nobody there is going to even recall all these attacks by Israel. Nobody there is going to recognize Iran's right to defend itself as in their mind Iran has no right to be there and they have said it many many times.

The Europeans or anyone who denounced Trumps leaving the JCPOA deal now need to change their position and hail Trump for knowing what a murderous nation Iran is. Now there will be a big pressure on Iran to destroy all its missile arsenal as it is a threat to humanity.

Everyone that is demanding a retaliation from Iran is forgetting the long game and the whole reason why Iran is there. Iran is there to help Syrian government win the battle against Zumbies and it has done so. Iran is not there to start a war with Israel and consequently US. In fact any retaliation from Iran is a sign of weakness and lack of sound judgement.

Iran definitely needs Turkey... However you understand that. I wouldn't trust Russia that much once Israel is involved.

______

@WordsMatter Can you tell us once again how you came to Islamic Republic of Iran and then got out and the intelligence ministry didn't catch you?
Can you tell us that how did Israel obtain 55,000 pages of Iranian documents? Half a ton...

Last edited:
I see all these comments from everyone interpreting lack of retaliation from Iran a sign of weakness.

This is not a chicken game between two school kids. This is a strategic game with long term consequences. I don't buy any of these claims that Iran has any intention to actually fire missiles at Israel and the reason I don't buy it is that Iran is not going to gain anything out of it. Let's say Iran fires a salvo of missiles against Israel today. What is going to happen next? We know the drill. Iran will be taken to security council and condemned and probably get one or two more resolutions against it. Nobody there is going to even recall all these attacks by Israel. Nobody there is going to recognize Iran's right to defend itself as in their mind Iran has no right to be there and they have said it many many times.

The Europeans or anyone who denounced Trumps leaving the JCPOA deal now need to change their position and hail Trump for knowing what a murderous nation Iran is. Now there will be a big pressure on Iran to destroy all its missile arsenal as it is a threat to humanity.

Everyone that is demanding a retaliation from Iran is forgetting the long game and the whole reason why Iran is there. Iran is there to help Syrian government win the battle against Zumbies and it has done so. Iran is not there to start a war with Israel and consequently US. In fact any retaliation from Iran is a sign of weakness and lack of sound judgement.

Fair assessment, in fact I accept this position. But what Iran says and does are two different things. Its rhetoric doesn't fall in line with its action. You say Iran won't fire missiles into Israel but Iran has said, on record, that it will retaliate for the T4 missile base attack.

You see the problem that arises from this? Iran can talk the talk but when it comes to walking the walking it falls short.

Iran definitely needs Turkey... However you understand that. I wouldn't trust Russia that much once Israel is involved.

______

Can you tell us that how did Israel obtain 55,000 pages of Iranian documents? Half a ton...

Russia is a unreliable partner for Iran. If I was a nation and my ally was Russia I wouldn't be sleeping well at night at all...

till Rouhan and co are in power in Iran , even if Israel nukes Iran cities , there won't be any answer ... so If I was Israeli , I would attack Iranian targets in daily manner ...

Fake narrative.
Think about the story, Trump started barging about the deal during his campaign and called it a bad deal cause Iran's regional activities and BM program weren't included in the deal and he wanted to include those in the deal, And when needed an excuse to exit the deal. All of the sudden, Israeli spies carried out the bravest Hollywood style covert operation in the world and snatched half a ton of top secret intel from a facility that looked like this, Without anybody noticing, And lucky they found exactly what fitted their narrative, Do you honestly think this story is true?
proxy.php

What really happened is that Trump needed an excuse to exit the deal an Bibi put up a show to give him one. For example, This is what bibi showed as evidence, 7 colorful concentric circles! 7 colorful concentric circles is not evidence or top secret, For example Actual engineering blue prints are evidence, But bibi didn't show any of that, Cause he didn't have any, And if he showed a fake one it could easily be shown that he was lying.
proxy.php

Do you honestly think this story is true?
It could not be, and could be like those WMD's that Saddam was supposedly possessed then well, whatever that is. Don't you think Iran needs Turkey regarding Syria right now?

Last edited:
Fake narrative.
Think about the story, Trump started barging about the deal during his campaign and called it a bad deal cause Iran's regional activities and BM program weren't included in the deal and he wanted to include those in the deal, And when needed an excuse to exit the deal. All of the sudden, Israeli spies carried out the bravest Hollywood style covert operation in the world and snatched half a ton of top secret intel from a facility that looked like this, Without anybody noticing, And lucky they found exactly what fitted their narrative, Do you honestly think this story is true?
proxy.php

What really happened is that Trump needed an excuse to exit the deal an Bibi put up a show to give him one. For example, This is what bibi showed as evidence, 7 colorful concentric circles! 7 colorful concentric circles is not evidence or top secret, For example Actual engineering blue prints are evidence, But bibi didn't show any of that, Cause he didn't have any, And if he showed a fake one it could easily be shown that he was lying.
proxy.php
What fake are you talking about?
Here is the proof,

Back
Top Bottom