What's new

Countdown to Iran retaliation against Israel strike?

Iran is working with Turkey to resolve this Syria drama. Don't worry we are not enemies. Our issue is with the illegal Zionist entity.

It could not be, and could be like those WMD's that Saddam was supposedly possessed then well, whatever that is. Don't you think Iran needs Turkey regarding Syria right now?

It depends on Iran. It is going to turn into a clash within Islamic civilization rather than a clash between Israel and Iran.
As if "Islamic Civilization" sided with Iran or Turkey even for once against foreign powers.

I mean that "Islamic Civilization" even can't do anything for Palestine.....and now they will rise and stand against Israel & USA...... not gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair assessment, in fact I accept this position. But what Iran says and does are two different things. Its rhetoric doesn't fall in line with its action. You say Iran won't fire missiles into Israel but Iran has said, on record, that it will retaliate for the T4 missile base attack.

You see the problem that arises from this? Iran can talk the talk but when it comes to walking the walking it falls short.
You are forgetting the psychological effect of Iran's threats. First of all, Iran need to take a position. What can it say? It can't say thank you. It says Iran will return the favor at the time and place of its choice.

Now it is up to Israel to imagine how and when this retaliation will come? And this uncertainty by itself is very destructive. They call their reserves, they open their shelters, they start shooting missiles at suspected sites like paranoids. Just imagine you were an Israeli citizen living in Golan Heights. How would you feel right now? It's a lot of pressure for ordinary people who want to live their lives. If the tension remain for a long period of time, they would just pack up and leave. That affects growth, economy, investment and etc.

So all Iran needs to do, is to keep them guessing, make suspicious movements in Syria every now and then to keep the tension alive. It is what US has been doing to Iran for the past 10-12 years and it is very effective.

You are forgetting the psychological effect of Iran's threats. First of all, Iran need to take a position. What can it say? It can't say thank you. It says Iran will return the favor at the time and place of its choice.

Now it is up to Israel to imagine how and when this retaliation will come? And this uncertainty by itself is very destructive. They call their reserves, they open their shelters, they start shooting missiles at suspected sites like paranoids. Just imagine you were an Israeli citizen living in Golan Heights. How would you feel right now? It's a lot of pressure for ordinary people who want to live their lives. If the tension remain for a long period of time, they would just pack up and leave. That affects growth, economy, investment and etc.

So all Iran needs to do, is to keep them guessing, make suspicious movements in Syria every now and then to keep the tension alive. It is what US has been doing to Iran for the past 10-12 years and it is very effective.

Fair. I have no qualms with this.

A hard look at reality needs to be taken to temper any future expectations from Iran regarding the supposed Iranian retaliation against Israel. If you like you can view this as a devils advocates post but to me it's more of a facing reality type of thing. So with that being said I will go ahead and say my piece (fyi, I really don't think what I say matters just wanted to say what I think really).

Note: There is a video showing what is the remains of a Iranian missile convoy that would have been used in an attack against Israel but was destroyed shortly before doing so. This happened in the last 24hours. I couldn't find a way to upload onto this post but it seemed legit (I took it with a grain of salt regardless).

The recent Israeli attack on Syrian and supposed Iranian bases in Sryia again unimpeded with no immediate response is a sign of major weakness on Irans part. There is little debate of this at this point. Iran has shown time and time again it just doesn't have the military equipment on hand in Syria to protect its assets against Israeli attacks that are increasing in severity and material/human damage.

A rational action for Iran would be to cede to Israels demands and indeed leave Syria (at least reduce footprint) to focus on the coming onslaught of US pressure/sanctions. Iran is going to need all focus on the mainland with the future becoming more and more hostile towards Iran. Wasting men, material, missiles and money without hitting Israel back or defending what Iran has is a exercise in futility. How many more commanders and soldiers will be killed because Iran can't adequately defend itself? Russia is a shit "ally" and Syria can only do so much with the war still raging on.

If it sounds like I'm taking the piss out of Iran, I am. Iran deserves it at this point. One can only wake up and listen to news story after news story of IRGC soldiers being slaughtered left and right from airstrikes and all we see is lip service from various Iranian heads of state, IRGC members and defense officials. Truly is a shame that this is what is happening when Iran constantly talks of how Israel doesn't dare attack Iran but in reality Israel is constantly attacking high-value Iranian missile stockpiles and commanders on the field in Syria.

Truth be told Iran needs, and I stress NEEDS to temper its own rhetoric because it's only serving to destroy Iranian credibility at this point.

What we say today/yesterday in Syria was a rather quick series of events that coincided with Trumps JCPOA withdrawal and subsequent reimposing of the worse sanctions Iran was under prior. Israel tells those in Golan-heights to prepare for possible Iranian attack, Israel sets up defenses, Israel notes irregular Iranian movement in Syria, Israel then destroys a Syrian base housing Iranian equipment is Southern Damascus. Iran hasn't said anything. Somebody is either really inept or just outright lying to look like a hero but I really doubt that the Israelis will just tell it's own citizens to hunker down while it sets up expensive equipment in preparation for an attack. My best guess is that Iran was indeed going to attack Israel but had its missiles or the base that was going to fire said missile from destroyed. This is a big, big, big hit to Irans moral.

So, not to go on a long rant (this post is long enough as is). It's time to take a serious hard look at Irans actually capabilities. There needs to be temperance and deescalation. That or Iran stands up for itself and readies for a real war instead of taking constant punches (that are hurting it) or it finishes up and goes back home to focus on the home front.

.....Israel has one thing that no other nation in the Middle East has, that is the power of escalating to their hearts content. US will back it until the last American dollar is spent supporting Israel. Iran has to reprioporiztize or change rhetoric because its action are not in line with its words.

How about if Iran pulls back from its comittments in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon, etc. and spends a decade or so consolidating its power on the home front.

That's what China is doing, in fact we are still consolidating our power right now, still building up. We haven't reached that stage yet of directly or indirectly fighting on foreign soil.

There is a saying in Chinese, to "eat bitterness". That's what we have been doing for the past few centuries. Taking humiliation from foreign powers so we can get more time to build up our own internal strength.

How about if Iran pulls back from its comittments in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon, etc. and spends a decade or so consolidating its power on the home front.

That's what China is doing, in fact we are still consolidating our power right now, still building up. We haven't reached that stage yet of directly or indirectly fighting on foreign soil.

There is a saying in Chinese, to "eat bitterness". That's what we have been doing for the past few centuries. Taking humiliation from foreign powers so we can get more time to build up our own internal strength.
That unfortunately doesn't work in our neighborhood. You leave them alone, they start first with changing the name of Persian Gulf that has been called that for millennia's, then they come for your islands, then they claim your southwest province is theirs,.............

The reason you can sit back and do some soul searching is your Veto power and your Nuclear arsenal. Iran has none of those.

Tonights events show that Israel has little to no strategic depth, one simple MLRS strike and their country is heavily affected.

Another failure last night by Syria and Iran. Somethings gotta change guys.

At this pace Israel will quite literally destroy everything you have with no cost to itself. Truly an impressive display by Israel.

@WordsMatter Can you tell us once again how you came to Islamic Republic of Iran and then got out and the intelligence ministry didn't catch you?
That ministry won't be so intelligent anymore if it harasses some guy over his opinions. Continue getting spanked by Israel. You deserve it because of your incompetence.

Another failure last night by Syria and Iran. Somethings gotta change guys.

At this pace Israel will quite literally destroy everything you have with no cost to itself. Truly an impressive display by Israel.

there was no failure, israel overreacted and tried to scapegoat iran for an attack perpetrated by the SSA, iranian infrastructure remains largely intact.

till Rouhan and co are in power in Iran , even if Israel nukes Iran cities , there won't be any answer ... so If I was Israeli , I would attack Iranian targets in daily manner ...
Commander in chief of the whole armed forces is that crippled guy. Not Rouhani.

Back
Top Bottom