What's new

COULD THE CASC CH-5 UAV BE AN OPTION FOR PAKISTAN?

Hello, Would armed AA role drones work out against helicopters that are targeting friendly tanks ? In my opinion if attack helicopters are targeted by cheaper drones is a great idea.

Pakistan should buy few of CH-5 heavy weight drones which can carry up to 16 missiles & they should be used to protect Pakistan border from Afghanistan aggression & rented afghani terrorists.

CH-5 is a fiction and a concept still and its capability is far from realized. It will take at least four to six years for the bird to be validated. Since its a reverse engineer or crashed US drone, the performance remains the same as the MQ family. All other claims by Chinese are outlandish, if not Childish to impress capability hungry countries in Asia.

Hello, Would armed AA role drones work out against helicopters that are targeting friendly tanks ? In my opinion if attack helicopters are targeted by cheaper drones is a great idea.

A drone with a stinger type SAM could work in AAM. Firing AIM-9 type weapon will require additional hardening of pylon.

CH-5 is a fiction and a concept still and its capability is far from realized. It will take at least four to six years for the bird to be validated.
No, it is ready.
img-efc8a2431de8c35ab6bea6fed8f9df76.jpg

img-d518ae350a14180cdd9416474b65ed37.jpg

img-01f981086f83f12173f71c6e943f48fe.jpg

img-1e65a05c96aa4e5fa88e69776cba62e5.jpg

14F85E6018A7AC6B65DE7C841CD111A5D4FA0849_size27_w640_h358.jpeg

A2C0C7DDCBEC979DC8E7A7BCF96A5352D6978E3F_size29_w640_h381.jpeg

Last edited:
Well they can Modify/customize the Drone according to their needs we need Medium Endurance UAV and CH-5 is perfect for that having 30 Hours or more endurance costing just $1 Million per Piece while Reaper Drone Costs $5 Million

I know that but it was mentioned in the Article that PAF is looking for 2 5th generation Aircrafts 1 for short term project and 1 is for long term and TAI TFX is not gonna come before 2029-2030 for sure and J-31 will be ready in 2024-2025

well if PAF is not gonna build 5th generation in Pakistan then what's the point of Aviation city which was recently launched?? it was for UAV's and 5th generation planes while we are alrady producing JF-17's at PAC

What's the point of the aviation city...

First lesson......iqra. and that's why all Muslims are stuck in the cave

CH-5 is a fiction and a concept still and its capability is far from realized. It will take at least four to six years for the bird to be validated. Since its a reverse engineer or crashed US drone, the performance remains the same as the MQ family. All other claims by Chinese are outlandish, if not Childish to impress capability hungry countries in Asia.

A drone with a stinger type SAM could work in AAM. Firing AIM-9 type weapon will require additional hardening of pylon.
bro i dont wanna quote your post, but it seems that your information is always outdated and misleading, the way of your presentation is weird and aggresive. how can we reverse engineer reaper if we dont get one?

are you a American or Pakistani? seriously?

actually in a internet world, everone is.living in disguise. i have been noting you for a long time.

if Egypt has no problem inducting CH5, why Pakistan has trouble to do it? i think national security is more important than MTCR violation.

One must learn to respect and listen to what senior members, professionals and a former senior officer of the PAF has to say. Some Chinese posters just never want to learn this lesson. Their behavior is both disrespectful and thin-skinned.

It just shows that there is truth in what is being said - otherwise you wouldn't be so sensitive about it. Going forward, I see a problem with the Chinese psyche - they think they have "made it" when the haven't. So improvement for them will become a problem.

PS: Last I heard, Chinese UAVs, rip-offs of the Predator and Reaper (seems they couldn't be bothered to change the design even), have an abysmal crash rate. Ooops, sorry there goes your 10-20 million dollar investment on the 5th landing... only rich Arabs can afford such status toys.

bro i dont wanna quote your post, but it seems that your information is always outdated and misleading, the way of your presentation is weird and aggresive. how can we reverse engineer reaper if we dont get one?

actually in a internet world, everone is.living in disguise. i have been noting you for a long time.

if Egypt has no problem inducting CH5, why Pakistan has trouble to do it? i think national security is more important than MTCR violation.
There is evidence pakistan tried it and it crashed.Pakistan will always try and induct good products like it has CH4s but immature products will not be inducted.
A

There is evidence pakistan tried it and it crashed.Pakistan will always try and induct good products like it has CH4s but immature products will not be inducted.
A
the one crashed.is Wing loong I, I have looked those pictures.

before you post here, please do some homework.

and you dont have to jump out everytime i.quote Bilal, you are not his personal GUARDIAN.

My information is neither outdated nor misleading. You need to stop waving the biased rhetoric of your country. It is based on my knowledge and observation, the background you dont have.

Whether I am American on Pakistani is none of your business. You can keep noting me as long as you want. Meanwhile, why dont you tell us your rank and position in PLA propaganda unit.

Since when does Egypt decide what Pakistan should or should not do? You need to reconsider how you address me, or the matters that relate to my country in the future. It is obvious you are rep of Chinese government only to push the Chinese government agenda.

and you dont have to jump out everytime i.quote Bilal, you are not his personal GUARDIAN.

Why dont you tell us how many have crashed in Saudi Arabia?

Why do you have a problem with people's opinion, mine or anyone who seem to not agree with your bread basket?

My information is neither outdated nor misleading. You need to stop waving the biased rhetoric of your country. It is based on my knowledge and observation, the background you dont have.

Whether I am American on Pakistani is none of your business. You can keep noting me as long as you want. Meanwhile, why dont you tell us your rank and position in PLA propaganda unit.

Since when does Egypt decide what Pakistan should or should not do? You need to reconsider how you address me, or the matters that relate to my country in the future. It is obvious you are rep of Chinese government only to push the Chinese government agenda.

Why dont you tell us how many have crashed in Saudi Arabia?

Why do you have a problem with people's opinion, mine or anyone who seem to not agree with your bread basket?
ive put you in.my ignore list. so you.dont borther.

and keep share your knowledge and observation to other membera, and see what it leads in the end.

For the ones who wish to learn, CH-5 is a clear copy of the Reaper Drone. Aerodynamics dont change. The claims of CH-5 being suddenly from heaven are simply technical not possible. It is an advancement of the Chinese industry but it is a reverse engineering of a US bird so aerodynamically it cannot change what General Atomics originally designed.

Most claims of range and endurance are theoretical and false. In my assessment, it will take 4-5 years for this platform to be tested and true till PLA fully adopts it. This is fairly standard across the industry.

A bird of this claimed payload remains to be a clear violation of MTCR, and would be a reminiscent of the M-9 fiasco should Pakistan choose to opt for it. I highly doubt we live in times to take such rash decisions or risks. I personally hope PAF builds their own bird, and take foreign help if or when available.

ive put you in.my ignore list. so you.dont borther.

and keep share your knowledge and observation to other membera, and see what it leads in the end.

You can climb a pole while you are at it, little boy.

For the ones who wish to learn, CH-5 is a clear copy of the Reaper Drone. Aerodynamics dont change. The claims of CH-5 being suddenly from heaven are simply technical not possible. It is an advancement of the Chinese industry but it is a reverse engineering of a US bird so aerodynamically it cannot change what General Atomics originally designed.

Most claims of range and endurance are theoretical and false. In my assessment, it will take 4-5 years for this platform to be tested and true till PLA fully adopts it. This is fairly standard across the industry.

A bird of this claimed payload remains to be a clear violation of MTCR, and would be a reminiscent of the M-9 fiasco should Pakistan choose to opt for it. I highly doubt we live in times to take such rash decisions or risks. I personally hope PAF builds their own bird, and take foreign help if or when available.

You can climb a pole while you are at it, little boy.
how to reverse engineer reaper if we dont have one?

you should be honest.

A

I believe it was CH-4 that crashed. CH-5 seems to be bigger bird as per the General Atomics reaper family. However, i would like to observe that even CH-3 has not been accepted / inducted till today due to obvious shortcomings and flaws which are yet to be rectified. What to talk of CH-5? The decision makers should not try to jump too high and too fast, rather take appropriate steps to acquire this key technology so they are fully independent to do the following:

1) Develop and modify their own flight computers, the key to the UAS business
2) Dedicated manufacturing facility
3) A step by step process for long range recce and combat configurations
4) Dedicated payload integration teams and facility

Last edited:
I believe it was CH-4 that crashed. CH-5 seems to be bigger bird as per the General Atomics reaper family. However, i would like to observe that even CH-3 has not been accepted / inducted till today due to obvious shortcomings and flaws which are yet to be rectified. What to talk to CH-5?
you believe...you dont even care to.have a glance at those pictures. its Wing Loong I.

Back
Top Bottom