What's new

Cost of construction of Metro Rail in Dhaka is much higher than India.

No I am not saying that. What I have said is that, all things which will be needed to run that particular line at full capacity has already included in this initial cost estimation.
Exactly my point. "That particular line". So if need arises then more lines can be added! You are saying that frequency is optimal at 4-5 min, but that is hardly full capacity, we run here at 2 min interval normally and during peak hours, its not uncommon to see a train of 8 coach stopping just before the platform, waiting for another train of another 8 coach already at the platform to move on thus no effective time interval between them!! That is full capacity!! Has this been considered? No? Then the cost of the line hasn't been taken at full capacity.

No I am not saying that. What I have said is that, all things which will be needed to run that particular line at full capacity has already included in this initial cost estimation. It is not like that train coach will be ordered from local railway workshop step by step with the rising number of passenger or station's facility will be increased step by step with rising number of passenger. For Dhaka's case everything will be built or imported at once regardless of initial passenger number.That's why it's cost is one time affair.This is mainly because foreign company building Dhaka metro with foreign money.

Current under construction Dhaka metro is MRT-6 which is just one of the five line will be built in the next 15 years in Dhaka. 40 km MRT-2 is already under evaluation. After all 5 lines are completed, length will be more than 150 km.All will be done by JICA step by step.

Thanks @Homo Sapiens. This is the existing finalized current map for MRT below. MRT-6 in blue will be 1st phase. MRT-4 and 5 will be second and third respectively. Other MRT phases are in planning stage like you stated shown in second map below. The first map does not show or include multi-phase BRT project which will include inter-transit exchanges (separate project).

Dhaka-metro_DhakaMetroMap.jpg

This is the ultimate combined BRT and MRT map with interchanges, which is the result of feasibility study considering existing traffic and urbanization patterns and which shows lines all the way to Joydevpur and Dhaka main EPZ in the North and Narayanganj in the South.

More changes including simplification of routes may take place between now and 2035. BRT line 7 (Orange Line) will run via reserved express-busways à la TransMillenio in Bogota and Transjakarta in Jakarta from Narayanganj port area (in the South) all the way to Tongi North and beyond (Joydevpur Chowrasta).

Note: Squiggly broken line with red highlight is official periphery of the City of Dhaka.

59361a45f3dd3-ROUTE-Alignment-of-all-MRT-lines-as-per-RSTP.jpg

Last edited:
I do not think trains every two minutes is that practical, but every four or five minutes is very practical. Dhaka will have at least three mutually connected metro rail tracks that will cause the passengers to disperse in any direction they like. So, do not you think, Hyderabad should expand its number of lines instead of frequencies that will not come about?
Increasing the number of lines and connecting them reduces the load on a line only marginally since it takes into account only those passengers that have indirect route and new line will offer them a direct route. However, increasing frequency is more apt since it carries more ppl on the same line.
New lines should be added for expansion and convering more parts of the city and should be the last measure to reducing the crowd, and even as last measure, crowd control should not be the only factor to while adding a new line.

Firstly not all Muslims are Islamist. However atleast Islamist are better than hindutva mind it. And also we reject islamists ( like Taliban etc) and you guys elected hindutva as your PM and killing people if they even carry beef.
Uh huh, ur tolerance is world famous and was presented by the scenes of ppl from minority group, teahcers, journalists running on street to save their life from men wielding swords and machetes... :)

You are talking about someone having 250 posts and 4 negative ratings already. :-)
And an interesting handle as well.
Of course - a ban will require a new handle.

What do you expect from PDF for an Indian????

You will find Indians with TONS of (-) ratings. This is the reward for speaking the truth.

Had this thread about Pakistan most of the contributing members would be banned straight away.

So take chill pill and dont compare yourself with India.

We are not concerned about Bangladesh, we appreciate whatever you do to develop your country. But when you start name calling India, you attract thrashing and been shown mirror.

Stop your BS and chest thumping - those 'made in Gujarat and Bangaluru' coaches are mostly assembled. majority of critical components like undercarriage, control electronics and such are imported, the only reason they are assembled in India is because of ready market in India and because labor in India is cheap

LMAO really ? Are you shamelessly repeating the same old lies again after getting owned several times before ? :-)

India cannot make bogies, then what is this ? These folks alone have the capacity to make 1500 boogies per year.

Bombardier bags Australian deal; to export bogies from Gujarat facility

Now add BEML/Alstom's capacity to that...

MELCO, Siemens, ABB & Bombardier
have plants in India where they manufacture traction transformers, traction motors, traction inverters and other electrical systems. They also export them.

Pantograph/brake systems/gear drives/ couplers etc are manufactured by faiveley, knorr bremse, voith etc who too have manufacturing facilities in India.

Bearing as you may have thought of are manufactured by SKF, Timken and all...in India.

There are several more suppliers.

I keep being amazed at Bharti attempts clutching at straws, to somehow bring in some semblance of 'prestige' - to their effed up country (even by b*llsh*t if possible) so it gets some modicum of respect by outsiders. Meanwhile everyone who has EVER visited India experiencing ground reality

Yawn...typical Bangladeshi butthurt is flowing like a flood in Padma river...:lol:

India has better urban infrastructure which was built at fraction of a cost of such projects in Bangladesh -fact

Bangladesh does worse than India in industrial/engineering capability even when adjusted for economic/population size- fact.

Keep crying though.

Meanwhile, read the following where one of the respected Chinese posters (@Two ) showed Indians where their subway and public transit coaches really come from. You guessed it - China...

More brainfarts from a butt-hurt Bangladeshi. :lol: cherry picking smaller contracts while ignoring the big deal.

Also you posted 2 (two) links about each deal to exaggerate further :rofl:. Talk about the desperation.

1920 Cars out of 2140 Cars for DMRC Phase-I, II & III projects we're manufactured in India. Does your Chinese deals in India come close ?

Bombardier India exports 450 suburban carriages to Australia

Alstom India is exporting 132 metro cars to Sydney

BEML's 1432 crore deal to supply 150 metro carriages for Bangalore metro

Kolkata metro to receive 84 metro carriages from BEML

Alstom supplying 80 cars to Lucknow metro (after completing Kochi contract for 75 cars)

I'm ignoring older deals such as Bangalore phase I, Jaipur etc.

Firstly not all Muslims are Islamist. However atleast Islamist are better than hindutva mind it.

Sure... Imagine hindutvavadis flying airliners into skyscrapers.

Last edited:
Uh huh, ur tolerance is world famous and was presented by the scenes of ppl from minority group, teahcers, journalists running on street to save their life from men wielding swords and machetes... :)
Nah all are the propaganda of R&AW moles. Our media is bastardized and paid agent of R&AW . Don't worry, the process of recovery has started already. First start with pinaki bhattacharya a true patriot Bangladeshi. He is exposing the shiv sena gang in Bangladesh, and also few others. Also our intelligence will take care of R&AW moles soon I believe.
That time Bangladesh will get her real freedom from traitor media that is run by leftists Indian dalals.

Sure... Imagine hindutvavadis flying airliners into skyscrapers.
So what? They were never elected and formed government in any muslim country . And hindutva is ruling India .

Last edited:
I am well aware what language I should use based on the environment and you don't need to lecture me on that. I've seen quite a lot of white people using the word "Japs" and never did my Japanese colleagues take an offence for that. Moreover, I don't belong to a redneck state and the state I live in is won by democrats. Calling India as a third world country multiple times is irrelevant here as that only shows you still consider yourself as a slave before your white masters and while the topic is about what could Japan offer you better than what we built for ourselves at a way lower cost and you bringing in a topic totally irrelevant to the discussion is that my point has hit your ego hard enough that you couldn't handle it and had to throw in a tantrum by pointing out some racist stuff.

Is this all you got when we talk about our development and you need to mock us when your ego is hurt! Try staying relevant to the topic. When the discussion is about Metro, you better stick to it

Currently China is ahead of Japan, so thanks for your suggestion, we'll try to reach Japan first before China

I find it incredulous (and find it a load of BS) that your Japanese (or your American) colleagues appreciated your epithet of calling Japanese 'Japs'. Since in any halfway educated state this has long been considered a racial insult, I made my point.

I wish you continued enlightenment.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom