What's new

Cost of construction of Metro Rail in Dhaka is much higher than India.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

I am talking about the specialty of BD, only they have to construct tracks to connect with bridges, others just construct bridges without connecting them with tracks.

As works is being done in piecemal basis and capacity will increase gradually in Hyderabad metro, so it's cost will continue to add up with initial cost. This is one factor why Indian metro cost looks so cheap. At first, with just 4-5 train and limited capacity and service providing station were build to handle low number of passenger. But cost will continue to add with each passing year, which is not shown in the initial cost estimation. On the other hands, Dhaka metro cost is a total package cost where all the component to run it in it's full capacity is considered.
So are u saying, once constructed, there is no room for expansion in Dhaka metro as per the changing scenarios?

So are u saying, once constructed, there is no room for expansion in Dhaka metro as per the changing scenarios?
No I am not saying that. What I have said is that, all things which will be needed to run that particular line at full capacity has already included in this initial cost estimation. It is not like that train coach will be ordered from local railway workshop step by step with the rising number of passenger or station's facility will be increased step by step with rising number of passenger. For Dhaka's case everything will be built or imported at once regardless of initial passenger number.That's why it's cost is one time affair.This is mainly because foreign company building Dhaka metro with foreign money.

Current under construction Dhaka metro is MRT-6 which is just one of the five line will be built in the next 15 years in Dhaka. 40 km MRT-2 is already under evaluation. After all 5 lines are completed, length will be more than 150 km.All will be done by JICA step by step.

It is not like that train coach will be ordered from local railway workshop step by step with the rising number of passenger or station's facility will be increased step by step with rising number of passenger. For Dhaka's case everything will be built or imported at once regardless of initial passenger number.That's why it's cost is one time affair

Still parotting this argument even after it got countered ? Tell how your metro rail costs higher than Indian ones which have six coach/eight coach capacity stations and CBTC signalling.

Hay Bidi! Comparing commuting capacity of Metro of City having 18.237 million (Dhaka) with 6.00 Million (Hyderabad).

And quoting from the same article selectively. Read it again you thick skull.

It States:

HYDERABAD: Though the Hyderabad Metro rail is expected to chug off with a frequency of one train every 15 minutes once the Miyapur-Nagole stretch is inaugurated at the end of this month, it may gradually be stepped up to one train every two minutes.

Though the system allows for operating a train after a gap of two minutes right from word go, the Hyderabad Metro Rail Ltd (HMRL) authorities have decided to initially operate a train once every 15 minutes to begin with.

It has DOUBLE THE CAPACITY OF DHAKA WHICH WILL HAVE OPERATING CAPACITY OF A TRAIN IN EVERY 4 MINUTES.

I do not think trains every two minutes is that practical, but every four or five minutes is very practical. Dhaka will have at least three mutually connected metro rail tracks that will cause the passengers to disperse in any direction they like. So, do not you think, Hyderabad should expand its number of lines instead of frequencies that will not come about?

I do not think trains every two minutes is that practical, but every four or five minutes is very practical.

It is not just practical, it has already been implemented in busy systems like Delhi during peak hours.

Dhaka will have at least three mutually connected metro rail tracks that will cause the passengers to disperse in any direction they like. So, do not you think, Hyderabad should expand its number of lines instead of frequencies that will not come about?

Hyderabad Metro have three lines in phase I, all of them will open by 2018.

Just because it is being built by the Japs doesn't mean it has better facilities than us. Look at the facilities in Hyderabad metro that has been built by L&T and I'm pretty sure Japs would build something more or less the same. They wouldn't connect bullet trains or install air corridors to your metro stations..............This coming from a B'deshi is the irony of the decade

Calling people from Japan 'Japs' reeks of racist behavior. These racist names are prohibited from all US work environments by Human Resources legal precedent and at most decent social settings in the US (unless you live in a redneck state and are trying to emulate them). Try saying it at work in the US sometime and see how quickly your H1B contractor butt is walked out the door.

The irony actually is people from a third-rate nation calling people names belonging to a first-world country instead of emulating them. Hope your country gets to Japan's economic status in another five (or more) decades. Forget Japan, try China.

No, I'm not.

Oi shalar mathai dosh.

That's why I used the term 'legacy'. And there are still certain forms of protectionism in India.

Their red-tape and bureaucratic lethargy is world-famous.

Last edited:
Calling people from Japan 'Japs' reeks of racist behavior.

Ah, now a bunch of islamists would lecture us on racism. :lol:

Their red-tape and bureaucratic lethargy is world-famous

Yet we have been able to build metro systems in our cities at less than one-third the cost & finish such projects on time.

Meanwhile some country is spending $25 million per km on a single line railway line...that too a contract which was given on nomination basis & not competitive tendering...

The irony actually is people from a third-rate nation calling people names belonging to a first-world country instead of emulating them

Considering the kind of Japanese funded projects in India such as the Delhi Mumbai Industrial corridor, DFC, bullet trains & metros,it would be foolish to say India isn't emulating the Japanese. But you can expect anything intelligent from a Bangladeshi, can you?

We have metros in 10 cities and already operational... 5 metros are under construction... Many cities are planning for metro systems... We have nothing to prove more...

I wish you had shown the same enthusiasm in instilling hygiene and toilet habits to your populace - but alas.

People in most other countries call it - the 'Indian conundrum'. Misplaced priorities.

The only reason is - in India there is massive 'chori' and thievery taking place by public officials in these public transit projects. We have some too - but they are taking basic lessons from Indian public servants who have this game perfected over many decades.

Conversely - no one makes money in India constructing toilets. Hence the neglect in that area.

This baiting of India from time to time is getting sickening and childish and kind of reflect the mindset of Islamists in Bangladesh.Comparing Delhi Metro to non existent one ,Delhi metro one of the only metros in world which make profit with more than 218 km of length and after completion of 3rd phase it will be 330 km ,most of the coaches are made in Gujarat and Bangaluru now even exported to Sydney

Stop your BS and chest thumping - those 'made in Gujarat and Bangaluru' coaches are mostly assembled. majority of critical components like undercarriage, control electronics and such are imported, the only reason they are assembled in India is because of ready market in India and because labor in India is cheap.

If India has a couple factories of this type, China has two dozen of them.

Bending a few sheets of sheet-metal and welding them together can be done anywhere if it's feasible. In a country of a billion plus people and many cities, it's only natural to have low-tech factories like this. What IS embarrassing however is that far smaller countries than India have been doing this ten decades before India.

I keep being amazed at Bharti attempts clutching at straws, to somehow bring in some semblance of 'prestige' - to their effed up country (even by b*llsh*t if possible) so it gets some modicum of respect by outsiders. Meanwhile everyone who has EVER visited India experiencing ground reality - of course knows what India and Indians really represent....so the attempts to present this 'superpower India' are borderline hilarious. One has to ask - why???

In Bangladesh we don't practice this BS brand of pseudo-deshprem trying to hide our faults. We in fact are the strongest critics and complainers of our own faults. I pride myself on this as a Bangladeshi. This reason is partly why we lead the subcontinent in many social and trade factors.

Meanwhile, read the following where one of the respected Chinese posters (@Two ) showed Indians where their subway and public transit coaches really come from. You guessed it - China...:lol:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/mitr...trump-at-ges-2017.530902/page-3#post-10062836

CRRC Dalian obtains metro vehicle export order from Nagpur, India

China’s CRRC to provide 14 subway trains with 112 carriages to India

China’s high-speed train maker to get USD 30 billion for export push

China set to export trains for Mumbai Metro Rail project

China's leading train manufacturer starts operation in India

Kolkata Metro Unveils Design of CNR Dalian Trains

Chinese Corporation CRRC to supply coaches to Nagpur Metro

Chinese firm gets Rs 604 contract for Mumbai metro rail proj

Last edited:
The only reason is - in India there is massive 'chori' and thievery taking place by public officials in these public transit projects. We have some too - but they are taking basic lessons from Indian public servants who have this game perfected over many decades

Yet there our projects are less than three times cheaper...:ROFL:

lol what a corrupt country. That’s what happens when you don’t even have 1 notable university in your country of 200 million. There isn’t a single intelligent bureaucrat to run a cost assessment.

Yet there our projects are less than three times cheaper...:ROFL:

Dont get too upset. Just laugh at their educational attainment. Btw bnledshwrs are one of the poorest groups in Canada, America, and UK.

Calling people from Japan 'Japs' reeks of racist behavior. These racist names are prohibited from all US work environments by Human Resources legal precedent and at most decent social settings in the US (unless you live in a redneck state and are trying to emulate them). Try saying it at work in the US sometime and see how quickly your H1B contractor butt is walked out the door.

The irony actually is people from a third-rate nation calling people names belonging to a first-world country instead of emulating them. Hope your country gets to Japan's economic status in another five (or more) decades. Forget Japan, try China.
I am well aware what language I should use based on the environment and you don't need to lecture me on that. I've seen quite a lot of white people using the word "Japs" and never did my Japanese colleagues take an offence for that. Moreover, I don't belong to a redneck state and the state I live in is won by democrats. Calling India as a third world country multiple times is irrelevant here as that only shows you still consider yourself as a slave before your white masters and while the topic is about what could Japan offer you better than what we built for ourselves at a way lower cost and you bringing in a topic totally irrelevant to the discussion is that my point has hit your ego hard enough that you couldn't handle it and had to throw in a tantrum by pointing out some racist stuff.

I wish you had shown the same enthusiasm in instilling hygiene and toilet habits to your populace - but alas.

Is this all you got when we talk about our development and you need to mock us when your ego is hurt! Try staying relevant to the topic. When the discussion is about Metro, you better stick to it

Hope your country gets to Japan's economic status in another five (or more) decades. Forget Japan, try China.
Currently China is ahead of Japan, so thanks for your suggestion, we'll try to reach Japan first before China

Stop your BS and chest thumping - those 'made in Gujarat and Bangaluru' coaches are mostly assembled. majority of critical components like undercarriage, control electronics and such are imported, the only reason they are assembled in India is because of ready market in India and because labor in India is cheap

LMAO really ? Repeating the same old lies again ?

India cannot make bogies, then what is this ? These folks alone have the capacity to make 1500 boogies per year.

Bombardier bags Australian deal; to export bogies from Gujarat facility

Now add BEML/Alstom's capacity to that...

MELCO, Siemens, ABB & Bombardier
have plants in India where they manufacture traction transformers, traction motors, traction inverters and other electrical systems.

Pantograph/brake systems/gear drives/ couplers etc are manufactured by faiveley, voith etc who too have manufacturing facilities in India.

I keep being amazed at Bharti attempts clutching at straws, to somehow bring in some semblance of 'prestige' - to their effed up country (even by b*llsh*t if possible) so it gets some modicum of respect by outsiders. Meanwhile everyone who has EVER visited India experiencing ground reality

Yawn...typical Bangladeshi butthurt is flowing like a flood in Padma river...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom