What's new

Contested skies: BAF’s uncertain future

I think, Dhaka Tribune reporting is not based on realities, because BAF has already purchased training aircrafts and has sent pilots to China for training of J-10C planes. Why it is complaining at this juncture? People should be positive minded and forward looking. But, our guys here always scream like spoiled children over BAF as if the planes are Delhi ka Laddu that can be bought with almost no money at the nearby shops.

None of the above is confirmed and as such we only have past performance to judge BAF. As such criticism is justified just as praise would be warranted if they ever undertake a singular positive step. The trainers purchased was monumentally idiotic as no one purchases 4th level trainers such as the YAKs so far in advance of actual fighter jets. The whole saga is even more disturbing if one considers that the base of such a decision might be the actual belief that trainer jets can fulfil the role of frontline fighters at any level.

Which 5th generation fighter will even be available?

BD does not need 5th generation fighters till around 2030 as neither India or Myanmar will be getting them before then at least.

With BD's realignment towards Turkey, expect the Turkish TF-X to be the 5th gen fighter of BAF.

With BD's realignment towards Turkey, expect the Turkish TF-X to be the 5th gen fighter of BAF.

Probably for the best, they are a fellow Muslim country to Bangladesh after all.

Though I'm not sure Turkey could produce their 5th generation jet fighter in a time span that would allow them to export it in the near or medium term.

Probably for the best, they are a fellow Muslim country to Bangladesh after all.

Though I'm not sure Turkey could produce their 5th generation jet fighter in a time span that would allow them to export it in the near or medium term.

Post 2030 TF-X will be ready for export.

BAe(design) and Rolls Royce(engines) will be helping and so the project is guaranteed to succeed.

Some folks targeted BAF right from the beginning. The highly skilled, talented and war decorated ex-PAF pilots, who could build the foundations of a second PAF, were specifically targeted and killed in pretext of coup, suspicious crashes etc. Anyway, better late than never. It's up to the BD folks to come up with a strategy to overcome the shortcomings. Where there's a will there's a way!! And, they're not alone - some folks are there to help them out....

Some folks targeted BAF right from the beginning. The highly skilled, talented and war decorated ex-PAF pilots, who could build the foundations of a second PAF, were specifically targeted and killed in pretext of coup, suspicious crashes etc.
Exactly.
Peoples who are responsible for breaking a Muslim nation pakistan and who wanted to annex East pakistan , they always have been targeting not only BAF but also BD army ( actually BD armed forces )since the civil war .
The problem is common folks ( in BD) talk much and think less.
They are too much fragile ,yet pretend to be the most sensible folks in the world .
They led by passion and very fond of hero worshipping. It's the nature if most of our common folks .
On the other hand the most hypocrites in bangladesh are it's media and jouralist.
Our media is under control of leftist, who are basically pro indian , and indian agents.
So I don't believe that they will be praising our defense forces.
They will try to degrade instead .

After 1971 all dedicated journalist gone day by day and leftist munafiqs took the place .

Some folks targeted BAF right from the beginning. The highly skilled, talented and war decorated ex-PAF pilots, who could build the foundations of a second PAF, were specifically targeted and killed in pretext of coup, suspicious crashes etc. Anyway, better late than never. It's up to the BD folks to come up with a strategy to overcome the shortcomings. Where there's a will there's a way!! And, they're not alone - some folks are there to help them out....
Many times I want to thank your post.Than I discover these type of line in your post.:P

The writer said 5th generation for some years from now.He said in this article, 5th generation J-31 and Su-57 will dominate the sky of Asia in near future.So he has urged BAF to consider 5th generation plane in a long term plan.

Wonder about that, recent report indicated F 35 still will be the most prominent fifth gen fighter in the region, followed by J20 and then Su 57

F35 user in the region will be Australia, Sokor and Japan.

The rest still using 4th gen and 4++ gen fighter like Grippen, F16V, Su35, F15Sg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom