What's new

‘Constitutional Coup’ Threatened in Pakistan : HRW

‘Constitutional Coup’ Threatened in Pakistan​

Imran Khan Dissolves Parliament to Remain in Office

Patricia Gossman

Patricia Gossman
Associate Asia Director

View attachment 831006
The parliament building in Islamabad, Pakistan, April 2021. © 2021 AP Photo/Anjum Naveed

Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan’s move on Sunday to dissolve parliament rather than face a no-confidence vote that could remove him from power effectively deprives Pakistani citizens of their right to choose their government.

Let me get this straight, is she saying that by going to the people to vote in elections, Imran Khan is actually depriving the people of their right to choose their own government?........ sounds like she needs to go on meds asap.

The ignorance of people like you is mind blowing.
ok tell me for last 30 decades oh wait lets make it 10 years what have they done the khota brigade is so much defending them?
Well i can tell you what they did
Looted Pakistan,
made properties in Dubai and in England.
Made a mockery of Pakistani people in the whole world
and the list goes on.
He He He

This is just too good.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Beautiful.

And PTI has not done anything like that?

that was halal buying, that's exactly my biggest problem with any party, as long as they are doing it, it's halal but the moment other's do it suddenly it becomes haram, its hypocritic and i am astound to see so many people here oblivious to this

by saying "oh but THEY were also doing it" does not solves it, two wrongs don't make a right, and here we are talking about a party which rose ground up on the name of insaaf, principals and recently Islam and Riasat-e-Madina

Yes, because the vote becomes tainted at that point, because proper procedure was not followed.

This is not that hard to figure out, I don't know why you're insisting on post such nonsense comments.

Which procedure was not adopted in NCM??
What a nonsense comment, the letter is blatant interference within the internal politics of Pakistan.

It makes sense, if that cable makes any sense.

Which procedure was not adopted in NCM??

It makes sense, if that cable makes any sense.
Pretty much everyone has already explained, yet you keep acting ignorant on the matter. Kindly stop wasting everyone's time.

Yes. Once an illegal act (floor crossing) has happened, the vote itself becomes rigged and thus can be denied

No. This is not the case. You can't hang a person before he commits a murder, neither you give life to person who was murdered.

If Dy speaker has violated the constitution then you would have to prove that too.You can't call his actions unconstitutional as per your wishes

The dy speaker is saying that you can't challenge my verdict, where should I prove this violation of constitution??

Pretty much everyone has already explained, yet you keep acting ignorant on the matter. Kindly stop wasting everyone's time.

Let me explain you:

A delegation of senior lawmakers, affiliated with the nine-party opposition alliance — the Pakistan Democratic Movement — and the PPP on Tuesday (March 8) submitted with the National Assembly secretariat two sets of documents, one under Article 54 of the Constitution to requisition the lower house because it is not in session currently, and the other a resolution calling for a no-confidence vote against Prime Minister Imran Khan.

According to the Constitution, if the National Assembly is not in session, the first step will be to requisition it under Article 54 of the Constitution. After this requisition – which must be signed by at least one fourth of the total members of the house – is submitted, the speaker has a maximum of 14 days to summon the session.

Therefore, the speaker should have called the lower house in session by March 22, while voting on the no-confidence motion must take place between three and seven days after the session is summoned means from March 25 till March 29.

For a vote of no-confidence against the prime minister, at least 20 per cent of the total MNAs, which means 68 members, have to sign a resolution for it to be voted on.

A vote of no-confidence against the prime minister is conducted by an open vote by division.

Every procedure in constitution was adopted by opposition it was government who used every bit to delay the constitutional obligation and suddenly come up with an idiotic stance that majority of parliamentarians are Ghaddar so they do not have the right to vote!!

Why can't you understand this simple fact.

*dissolve

Wow, the level of mental gymnastics here. Lol.

If the allegations s to the content of the letter are true, then this is blatant interference within Pakistani politics. The fact it has been endorced by rhe NATIONAL SECURITY COUNCIL is enough to call into questions the validity of the NCV, as it would blatantly violate article 5 and possibly article 6 of the Pakistani constitution.

It was not NATIONAL SECURITY COUNCIL it was NATIONAL SECURITY COMMITTEE of PARLIAMENT , security chiefs are not members of that committee though they can be summoned for briefing so they don't have much say in proceedings of NATIONAL SECURITY COMMITTEE of PARLIAMENT, it was like government gave authenticity to itself.

Well they are Ghaddar selling them self for money and not looking at the betterment for Pakistan, even Nawaz, Zardari fazlu all are Ghaddar as they looted the country and made assets in foreign land.

You have to prove this in any court of law.

Let me get this straight, is she saying that by going to the people to vote in elections, Imran Khan is actually depriving the people of their right to choose their own government?........ sounds like she needs to go on meds asap.

He declared election when he had no right to do so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom