What's new

‘Constitutional Coup’ Threatened in Pakistan : HRW

If the SC did not intervene this way, would it be possible to dismiss any future government using no confidence motion? 🤔
Harder than it looks, and not exactly. A PM could lose the confidence of the Parliament, but from what I've read they can simply be replaced, or lead to re-elections. In this case, the opposition is greedy because they know they'll lose next elections, so they want to come to power and rig as much of the system as possible.

It doesn't uphold the Constitution, if people actually bothered to read the deputy speaker's reasoning, they'd realize that what he did was perfectly legal. He didn't completely dismiss the NCV, he delayed it until an investigation could be completed to rule of there was any foreign interference. This is perfectly legal and reasonable, the Supreme Court didn't even bother reading his reasoning behind his decision, because most likely they already knew before hand they were going to rule against him.

What WAS illegal was the SC violating article 69, and interfering with parliamentary procedures.
Umh I didn't know this
Thaught he dismissed the motion outright

This makes it interesting 🤔

Last edited:
Umh I didn't know this
Thaught he dismissed the motion outright

This makes it interesting 🤔
He didn't, he left it open to Have a NCV AFTER a proper investigation.

The argument was that if the government falls, and it's found out that there actually was a foreign conspiracy, well its too late to bring back the government now, because now the traitors are in charge.

We are like......................responsible citizen---

1649381588249.png

Harder than it looks, and not exactly. A PM could lose the confidence of the Parliament, but from what I've read they can simply be replaced, or lead to re-elections. In this case, the opposition is greedy because they know they'll lose next elections, so they want to come to power and rig as much of the system as possible.
The latest opinion polls that I can google do not merit your confidence.

1649387550378.png

Twitter polls support Imran Khan, but they can be misleading. Next general election must be interesting :cheers:

Battleground Pakistan!

There is too much out there... from opinion, mainstream media, constitutional/legal, gossip, foreign, coup related, geopolitical and so on...

As far as an orchestrated coup is concerned, that should be a state's first priority irrespective of judicial branch's decision! They're not defending the state!
Not there call therefore on what the state does on a perceived threat, one that has merit and is corroborated.

So my question is why the state would try or even seek reelection or a higher mandate against a Mafia that seeks regime change clandestinely on behalf of a foreign power?
Therefore, state and not the party must activate itself in equal measure to defend itself... and be justified in doing so!!!
As I said evidence speaks for itself!
Seek out foreign allies that are willing to prevent the coup.

That being said... it has an eerie similarity with what happened in Ukraine... it doesn't mirror, but rhymes. There are now people who are equally triggered and stung with injustice, as perceived... feeling of vengeance and therefore are ripe. Just the time for the unknown hand to play both sides... one sack of dough to undo many... brothers against brothers, friends against friends!
The tunnel vision!

Remember Pakistan is too dangerous and too soft, not a good mix... feared by it's enemies... they'd seek a controlled implosion. All these charlatans will jump ship! But you'd be there... to keep it all together... you must know who and what you do it for and it cannot be for a party!
So do not be vengeful or stupid, be wise and deliberate.
A soft state can be rolled over... don't be a soft state! People will hate you for it... but freedom is hard fought and prized possession.

As for the state ... they're playing musical chairs as the stage is burning, put out the fire!

The latest opinion polls that I can google do not merit your confidence.

View attachment 831684

Twitter polls support Imran Khan, but they can be misleading. Next general election must be interesting :cheers:
This is actually very promising for PTI- this is Dec-Jan timeframe and this is before the letter gate scandal and when PTI was getting wiped in local elections in KPK etc- there is a groundswell of support for PTI now which is why they wanted snap elections

lol funny article, who is this aunty? she seems too much caring for Pakistan's internal affairs.

If you average it out, nationally PTI is still #1.
... not if the opposition is united. The problem for PTI is that Imran is pushing 70 and his party is a one man army. All the opposition has to do is wait out his retirement. Personality driven political parties often fallout after the retirement of the key figures. Then the opposition can go back to their old ways and break the United front.

The poll does not say anything about the distribution of voters across constituencies, so I'm not trying to say that Imran does not have a chance. Just wanted to point that the opposition should also not be counted out.

This is actually very promising for PTI- this is Dec-Jan timeframe and this is before the letter gate scandal and when PTI was getting wiped in local elections in KPK etc- there is a groundswell of support for PTI now which is why they wanted snap elections
In my opinion, people will believe what they are predisposed to believe - a narrative that conforms to biases that they already hold. Those who do not favor Imran from the beginning are likely to dismiss his claim as fake, while those who prefer Imran will double down their support for him. :cheers:

Last edited:
Advice to my country fellow............

1649425010708.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom