What's new

Constable Slapped Female Anchor Caught on Camera (Full Video)

But in my opinion (in my personal opinion) his action was legal under the law
I am sorry to even have an opinion one has to present an argument backed with facts and figures. A mere ''Personal' opinion doesn't carry any worth. It would to me saying '' I personally think you're wrong on this one.'

You are out of your mind. She assaulted a police officer on duty, she should go to jail.

I hope we are all clear about the difference between assault and battery.

In criminal and civil law, assault is an attempt to initiate harmful or offensive contact with a person, or a threat to do so. It is distinct from battery, which refers to the actual achievement of such contact.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crimeand a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal and/or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and tort law. There is, however, an additional criminal law category of assault consisting of an attempted but unsuccessful battery. The term is often confused with battery, which involves physical contact. The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force. Assault in many US jurisdictions and Scotlandis defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent; but in England and Wales and in most[citation needed] other common law jurisdictions in the world, this is defined instead as battery. Some jurisdictions have incorporated the definition of civil assault into the definition of the crime making it a criminal assault intentionally to cause another person to apprehend a harmful or offensive contact.

The lady committed an assault, at best; I doubt that a prosecution would succeed.

The constable committed battery. He would be convicted, if prosecuted. An open and shut case.

@salarsikander Your #256 refers.

No media person has any right to question any law enforcement officer. You can record them and show it on media, but you don't have any authority to question them let alone touch them or grab them by the arm. That officer/Jawan is only answerable to his superior. Period. Media people in Pakistan have become a major nuisance from interfering in police affairs to recording and broadcasting (without permission) young couples. What moral right does media have to do any such thing. Someone should sue the shit out of their brains for doing such illegal and open harassment.

That's horrible from the FC guy.

Why in the world would you slap a woman ?
Okay the woman was pushing her luck and probably asking for it but he could have used other options..probably could have yelled back at her or confiscated the mic and camera.

We don't want impulsive people in our security who have knee jerk reactions in crazy situations.
It takes a morally retarted man to raise hands on a woman.
Btw the woman has some lessons to learn too from this..

Mic pakar kay apni auqat nahi bhool jatey.

he comes from Society and religion which gives at least in culture an utmost respect and honour to woman To expect anything less from him in treatment of women is utterly disgraceful

If a society is just, why should women be treated differently than men? If your answer is because women are physically weaker, then please try to apply the same logic on men who are physically weak (< 120 lb) and then let me know if you want to treat those men the same as women or not.

So you have objection to the point that women shouldn't initiate violence with a men? No should initiate violence, IMO.
No one has the right to Initiate violence, But if the weaker party has started it. It is best for a ' Gentleman ' To back off and protect his dignity rather than giving an answer of stone with brick

No one has the right to Initiate violence, But if the weaker party has started it. It is best for a ' Gentleman ' To back off and protect his dignity rather than giving an answer of stone with brick

Ok in that case, please reply to my post above where a physically weak man does the same thing. What would your response be in that scenario.

Touching a person without his/her consent is assault. no one has any right to touch any other person in any manner Period. IF the person is a law enforcement officer than it is assault + interference/obstruction in performance of his duties.

I hope we are all clear about the difference between assault and battery.

In criminal and civil law, assault is an attempt to initiate harmful or offensive contact with a person, or a threat to do so. It is distinct from battery, which refers to the actual achievement of such contact.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crimeand a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal and/or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and tort law. There is, however, an additional criminal law category of assault consisting of an attempted but unsuccessful battery. The term is often confused with battery, which involves physical contact. The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force. Assault in many US jurisdictions and Scotlandis defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent; but in England and Wales and in most[citation needed] other common law jurisdictions in the world, this is defined instead as battery. Some jurisdictions have incorporated the definition of civil assault into the definition of the crime making it a criminal assault intentionally to cause another person to apprehend a harmful or offensive contact.

The lady committed an assault, at best; I doubt that a prosecution would succeed.

The constable committed battery. He would be convicted, if prosecuted. An open and shut case.

Touching a person without his/her consent is assault. no one has any right to touch any other person in any manner Period. IF the person is a law enforcement officer than it is assault + interference/obstruction in performance of his duties.

Perfectly so. Except that contact makes it battery, NOT assault.

However, the response of the law enforcement officer is also governed by law.

If a society is just, why should women be treated differently than men? If your answer is because women are physically weaker, then please try to apply the same logic on men who are physically weak (< 120 lb) and then let me know if you want to treat those men the same as women or not.
I am sorry Perhaps you dont realise that we are not talking about the physical strength of woman entirely rather their vulnerability. you cannot compare a delicate creature of good to that of even weaker man. And Say even If a weaker man attacks you can defend yourself not assault him. Otherwise it seen as assertion of your power

Two wrongs do not make a right.
So what do you people want? Capital punishment for the cop?

Shit happens everywhere.. whats new? yeah he slapped here... it was wrong.. so was the reporter.... now hes in jail and shes the victim with the sympathies etc... so what now?

I am sorry to even have an opinion one has to present an argument backed with facts and figures. A mere ''Personal' opinion doesn't carry any worth. It would to me saying '' I personally think you're wrong on this one.'

Ok let me be slightly more clear... there is a clear physical contact in aggressive manner by the anchor, clearly seen on video..which is a crime... against an officer on duty..she was under no threat at that point and officer was trying to avoid her repeatedly. she also clearly also tried to provoke a response...

Now the response she got might be un professional one, but mitigating circumstances are heat of moment and lack of training and lack of non lethal equipment...

I dont see a sensible judge finding the officer guilty...... in my opinion

Ya I know what you mean. I have lived in the U.S. for many years. Western media reporting of third world countries is hugely biased.

To give some examples of societal problems in the U.S. which they keep accusing all third world countries of.

Poverty - there are pockets in U.S. cities called downtown areas typically, or black ghettos, where people will kill you for your shoes.

Racism - there are certain areas called redneck areas where a black man dating a white woman in public will get him likely beaten up badly or even killed.

Minority persecution - racial abuse of South Asians following 9/11 are well documented.

Police brutality - every year there are number of black shootings by white cops.

Political corruption - how many WMD's were discovered in Iraq, and how many people were killed due to the war to stop them?

Systemic corruption - how many people in wall street were even indicted for causing the global meltdown?

And the list is endless..

I am sorry Perhaps you dont realise that we are not talking about the physical strength of woman entirely rather their vulnerability. you cannot compare a delicate creature of good to that of even weaker man. And Say even If a weaker man attacks you can defend yourself not assault him. Otherwise it seen as assertion of your power

Maybe this is where the differences lie. I don't see women as delicate but as my equal. I want them to be financially, politically, legislatively (and all other ways) my equal. And by the same token, I expect them to not assault me.

So what do you people want? Capital punishment for the cop?

Shit happens everywhere.. whats new? yeah he slapped here... it was wrong.. so was the reporter.... now hes in jail and shes the victim with the sympathies etc... so what now?

He and she should both face prosecution; why is she going around scot free (if there was an assault; I did not get that from the video clip)?

The policeman might be fined, and reprimanded by his department, but might be allowed to continue by a lenient administration which does not wish to create an excessive response.

The lady should face the consequences of possibly being found guilty, after charges are framed, a prosecution is mounted, and a judgement duly delivered.

Yes, it is, if Pakistan still follows the Criminal Procedure Code. It could be either a criminal or a civil offence.

What the constable did was not legal; it constitutes battery, and is an offence under law as well. He can, and should be prosecuted. If he had arrested the lady for assault, that would have been legal; assault is a cognisable offence, and he had that right.

It is under both ppc pakistan penal code and civil wrong of law of torts.

As we know by the simplest of definition that tort is a civil wrong.

According to ratan lal assault and battery come under trespass to person.

" wrongs affecting the safety and freedom of the person are often termed as trespass to person"

Definition of assault.

Simplest form its laying of hands by one person upon the body of another person with an intention and apparent ability to do violence to the assaulted person.

According to Winfield. " assault is an act of defendant which causes to the plaintiff reasonable apprehension of the infliction if battery on him by the defendant"

Elements of assault.

Gesture constituting a threat or force

A reasonable apprehension of the use of force

Defendants ability to carry out threat.

Now let's move to battery

Battery is the intentional use of force to another person without legal justification.

Elements are

Use of force

Intention

Without legal justification

Difference between assault and battery

Use of force

There is no use of force in assault

There is use of force in battery.

As to apprehension

There is apprehension of the use of force

There is no apprehension of the use of force

As to nature

Assault does not include battery

Battery includes assault.

Now there are defences.

Self defence. However one must remember that the self defence must never be greater than the threat perceived.

Parental authority

Expulsion of trespasser

Preservation of public peace

Consent

Legal process

Inevitable accident

Remedies

Under law of tort

Damages to injured person.

Under criminal law in accordance with ppc as in assault section 351.

I would write more but its 4:32 am and I am tired.

Back
Top Bottom