What's new

Constable Slapped Female Anchor Caught on Camera (Full Video)

Ok let me be slightly more clear... there is a clear physical contact in aggressive manner by the anchor, clearly seen on video..which is a crime... against an officer on duty..she was under no threat at that point and officer was trying to avoid her repeatedly. she also clearly also tried to provoke a response...

Now the response she got might be un professional one, but mitigating circumstances are heat of moment and lack of training and lack of non lethal equipment...

I dont see a sensible judge finding the officer guilty...... in my opinion
The officer would have been totally right upto the position where he was not responding to her provocations. Up until that point a case could have been easily registered against her for harassing and impeding a duty of an officer. HAd she resorted to an attack him physically with hands, he would have been very right in defending himself and the restraining her in a non-injurious way. But when he slapped her ( technically assaulting and not defending because it was after a certain pause) The entire case turned up against him and he lost it all. Not only the response was unprofessional, but it was very uncivilized, disgraceful and brought dishonour to the grace of the uniform he was wearing. She did wrong once by pushing him over, but him being an officer was equally and more wrong on several counts . Hence which is exactly he has been charged

It is under both ppc pakistan penal code and civil wrong of law of torts.

As we know by the simplest of definition that tort is a civil wrong.

According to ratan lal assault and battery come under trespass to person.

" wrongs affecting the safety and freedom of the person are often termed as trespass to person"

Definition of assault.

Simplest form its laying of hands by one person upon the body of another person with an intention and apparent ability to do violence to the assaulted person.

According to Winfield. " assault is an act of defendant which causes to the plaintiff reasonable apprehension of the infliction if battery on him by the defendant"

Elements of assault.

Gesture constituting a threat or force

A reasonable apprehension of the use of force

Defendants ability to carry out threat.

Now let's move to battery

Battery is the intentional use of force to another person without legal justification.

Elements are

Use of force

Intention

Without legal justification

Difference between assault and battery

Use of force

There is no use of force in assault

There is use of force in battery.

As to apprehension

There is apprehension of the use of force

There is no apprehension of the use of force

As to nature

Assault does not include battery

Battery includes assault.

Now there are defences.

Self defence. However one must remember that the self defence must never be greater than the threat perceived.

Parental authority

Expulsion of trespasser

Preservation of public peace

Consent

Legal process

Inevitable accident

Remedies

Under law of tort

Damages to injured person.

Under criminal law in accordance with ppc as in assault section 351.

I would write more but its 4:32 am and I am tired.
Tort by azz.. its recognised but isnt really recognised in the country... tort is Pak is just a fancy word and we make do with Civil law.

Maybe this is where the differences lie. I don't see women as delicate but as my equal. I want them to be financially, politically, legislatively (and all other ways) my equal. And by the same token, I expect them to not assault me.

But assault is an offence under the law. It can, and should, indeed, must be pursued. But by an officer of the law and the public prosecutor. Not by the victim.

Maybe this is where the differences lie. I don't see women as delicate but as my equal. I want them to be financially, politically, legislatively (and all other ways) my equal. And by the same token,
This is very good actually, but then again you cannot simply be oblivious of the fact that Women are indeed god's delicate creature and it is the Gentleman's trait to treat her with respect. You must know it is the powerful ones that faces the brunt because of the power bestowed to them by the creator

The officer would have been totally right upto the position where he was not responding to her provocations. Up until that point a case could have been easily registered against her for harassing and impeding a duty of an officer. HAd she resorted to an attack him physically with hands, he would have been very right in defending himself and the restraining her in a non-injurious way. But when he slapped her ( technically assaulting and not defending because it was after a certain pause) The entire case turned up against him and he lost it all. Not only the response was unprofessional, but it was very uncivilized, disgraceful and brought dishonour to the grace of the uniform he was wearing. She did wrong once by pushing him over, but him being an officer was equally and more wrong on several counts . Hence which is exactly he has been charged

Brilliant, Succinct. Battery would be the charge against both, btw. As you said, he would face stronger repercussions due to being himself an officer of the law.

Actually both have been charged and both should b punished...but she will go free caz she is a woman...

It is under both ppc pakistan penal code and civil wrong of law of torts.

As we know by the simplest of definition that tort is a civil wrong.

According to ratan lal assault and battery come under trespass to person.

" wrongs affecting the safety and freedom of the person are often termed as trespass to person"

Definition of assault.

Simplest form its laying of hands by one person upon the body of another person with an intention and apparent ability to do violence to the assaulted person.

According to Winfield. " assault is an act of defendant which causes to the plaintiff reasonable apprehension of the infliction if battery on him by the defendant"

Elements of assault.

Gesture constituting a threat or force

A reasonable apprehension of the use of force

Defendants ability to carry out threat.

Now let's move to battery

Battery is the intentional use of force to another person without legal justification.

Elements are

Use of force

Intention

Without legal justification

Difference between assault and battery

Use of force

There is no use of force in assault

There is use of force in battery.

As to apprehension

There is apprehension of the use of force

There is no apprehension of the use of force

As to nature

Assault does not include battery

Battery includes assault.

Now there are defences.

Self defence. However one must remember that the self defence must never be greater than the threat perceived.

Parental authority

Expulsion of trespasser

Preservation of public peace

Consent

Legal process

Inevitable accident

Remedies

Under law of tort

Damages to injured person.

Under criminal law in accordance with ppc as in assault section 351.

I would write more but its 4:32 am and I am tired.

You, dear Sir, are definitely a law student! 'fess up, now.

But assault is an offence under the law. It can, and should, indeed, must be pursued. But by an officer of the law and the public prosecutor. Not by the victim.

That is the ideal scenario but it may be too much to wait for LEA to arrive. I would like to know what you would if a man did this to you. You said that men are stronger so it's different. Then I asked you about men who are physically weak with BMI similar to women.

Similarly, if it comes down to the strength, then what about women that are trained fighters or athletes, who are most likely stronger than you? What would you do in that scenario, where it's obvious they are just as strong or stronger than you? If you don't hit them back then there's no consistency in your argument.

The way I look at it is yes women on average are physically weaker. That does not give them the license to hit me. Argumentation like this is exactly why women get punished severely less by the justice systems in most countries for committing similar crimes as men. Being weaker is no excuse to hit someone, because the weaker person is still gifted with the same brain, same rational thinking to realize they should not be violent.

Let me ask you an interesting question. I have known several men who are 5'3 - 5 ' 8, weigh no more than 120 pounds (often less). Since they are quite a bit weaker than you, will you let them hit you?

Certainly. Only if they are as strong and hefty as I would I retaliate. In spite of being in breach of the law. After retaliating, I would report the entire matter to the police.

But physically pushing an officer?? Retaliation from police would be entirely legal.. and assailant will get 2 years in jail under uk law... suspended if lucky
Yes. All things considered a officer in UK would have most likely

(i) Warned her he will arrest. What is known as "good telling off".
(ii) Arrested her and taken her down to station. Probably cautioned her and released.
(iii) Charged her with obstructing a police officer. Possible fine with non custodial offence.

She would not go to prison. No UK court (have some experiance) would throw a women into jail for grabbing a officers uniform.

Of course there are exceptions. I am well aware of them. I have had run ins with some - but those are exceptions to the rule. The system is not perfect but is under ever increasing process of tweaking to improve it. I had a allegation made against me once and on hearing my claim that there was no record of me having done such a thing (in defence) a women PC replied "Yes but just because there is no record does not mean you have not done xyz". To which I replied "well you could be the biggest criminal in UK underneath that uniform but there you have not been caught yet". Her colleague suddenly told her "we have to go now" and they left.

I would say that in 1980s the UK police was very easy on Pakistani's and gave blacks hard time. However by late 1990s things began to change. Now they are pretty bad. When I first began to drive in early 1981 my car had no insurance, no MOT, no road tax and looked like junk on wheels. In the quest to explore UK I drove that junk all over. I once pulled over on the motorway and took a leak behind some bushes. When I came back there was a motorway patrol with flashing lights parked behind my junk. I thought that is it. It was dark and the blue flashing lights were dazzking me but through that I saw the officer approach me. The car was full of other hooligans like me. The officer stasrnly asked me what I was doing. I admitted the truth knowing that he knew and honesty was best policy - my bigger problem was the car.

Had he found out about the no MOT, no tax disc and no insurance. He gave me a long lecture about safety, hard shoulders being for emergency breakdowns and pissing before setting off on journeys. I stood frozen next to the windscreen in case he saw the tax disc date. The implications of having car impounded in middle of no where were dire. He amazingly after giving me a lecture warned me to take easy when I join the motorway and check for speeding cars. Next thiing he was gone.

Nowdays I have nearly new car but have earned penalty points and am subjected to more scrutiny despite my middle age. I think times have changed. However despite that I still prefer running into UK police then American or Pakistani police. I am covered with the Pakistani police because I have blanket provided by some extended family being in positions whebn they can press the right switches so I never had any problems in Pakistan. However I am well aware of what they can do to the unconnected or the poor.

And the British police get good training ever weekend in UK city centres. Drunk revellars often women spit, punch and swear at police. THe police don't arrest every incident because if they did all the cells would be taken. So they just try to get the drunk carted off home to wear off the drink. Anybody in UK can observe this on the weekends.

Last edited:
That is the ideal scenario but it may be too much to wait for LEA to arrive. I would like to know what you would if a man did this to you. You said that men are stronger so it's different. Then I asked you about men who are physically weak with BMI similar to women.

Similarly, if it comes down to the strength what about women that are trained fighters or athletes, who are most likely stronger than you? What would you do in that scenario, where it's obvious they are just as strong or stronger than you? If you don't hit them back then there's no consistency in your argument.

1. I would report an assault, or a battery, by a man weaker than I;
  2. I would retaliate against either assault or battery by a man as strong as I, reciprocally, without escalation, and would go on to report the matter;
  3. I would submit to assault by a woman, whether weaker or stronger, but I would report it, in either case.

Policeman has complete right to defend him self against provocation/ physical pushing

He could have defended himself in various methods keeping the following in mind. I have laid down arrest point already.

1. she was a woman.
2. she was a media person in a government building
3. Everything was being recorded on a news channel camera. CCTV camera recordings would be active but can be covered up.

The fact is, he lost his temper. He was on duty. He was wearing a uniform.
The training, uniform and his powers could just focus him on a slap?
Is justice served by slaps?

Today, instead of FC policeman sitting behind bars, that lady anchor would have been booked for assault on a policeman.
Is justice served? Really?

How to do that is another matter....
How to do it....

why didnt he arrest her? he had witnesses, hundreds of them.

That FC policeman is sitting behind bars. All this could have been averted had he kept his cool and should have thought of consequences. what do you think is taught in training? slapping civilians who assault you?

The idiot FC policeman turned the whole public against him. That public was a witness to the assault on him, instead that idiot did something drastically wrong and now is paying the price. He could have got the media woman booked for few years and few lac Rs in penalty of fine.

He did wrong no matter how you put it.

There is a country in this world, a shinning beacon for our libral fascists and champion of human rights...where she would have been shot for aggressively assaulting a policeman especially with her skin color

Look at this video..

And note mr sterling had no gun

I find this video irrelevant.

The training, cultural and social issues are different in all countries of the world.
Secondly, I am not interested in what happens in rest of world, Pakistan is my interest.

Actually both have been charged and both should b punished...but she will go free caz she is a woman..
The demise of Pakistan Law system what Can I say. Though She should not be allowed to roam free, but then again the entire episode went up against the poor chap who thought raising a hand on her and then shooting to disperse the crowd would settle things. At the end of the day he ended up in losing more than her. That is why exercise of power is always practised with caution

Back
Top Bottom