What's new

Constable Slapped Female Anchor Caught on Camera (Full Video)

What does "good as it gets in real world" mean?

When it comes to American cops it's best to zip your mouth. Or you may well get shot. Silence is definitely golden in this case.

16 pages of bickering over what? a slap?

While the cop is in jail... and the media anchor is also getting interrogated for her behaviour?

Police brutality happens everywhere.. the only difference.. in countries like UK .. it may happen less.. in developing countries.. bit more..

In our country media itself has become a kingpin.. and police is a badmash aswell...

personally i have no issues with them beating the shyt outta eachother....

I didn't say you are not a gentleman. I said what I believed a gentleman was. Whether you fit that or not is entirely up to you; I am not one who can sit in judgement.

Taking abuse from a weaker person does not make me a doormat. Taking abuse from a stronger one does. I have not tolerated that ever in my life, bearing in mind the law of the land, which I respect and obey. Being handed an offensive order by a senior is abuse, in my book; to defy him, politely but firmly, in private, is a gentleman's duty. I have done that and faced the consequences, which were wounding and hurtful. To defy him in public might be necessary, in case the order is an imperative, but it is a discourtesy and a mannerless response, unless couched very carefully to indicate defiance without the discourtesy.

It's complicated. I understand your need to simplify the matter, but it doesn't work that way.

The way I look at it is yes women on average are physically weaker. That does not give them the license to hit me. Argumentation like this is exactly why women get punished severely less by the justice systems in most countries for committing similar crimes as men. Being weaker is no excuse to hit someone, because the weaker person is still gifted with the same brain, same rational thinking to realize they should not be violent.

Let me ask you an interesting question. I have known several men who are 5'3 - 5 ' 8, weigh no more than 120 pounds (often less). Since they are quite a bit weaker than you, will you let them hit you?

Retaliation from police would be entirely legal.
Actually No. The entire case will be carefully examined before reaching for conclusions. In this case the police officer didn't defend himself he sort of reacted to a provocation heavy handedly and then fire some shots to disperse the crowd

That is a breach of the law - assaulting a public servant in the execution of his duties - and could lead to arrest and detention. NEVER to assault.

And assaulting a police officer in pakistan is not a breach of law i guess??

The word Law is unknown to Pakistani society

And, very largely, in India.

When I quote to friends Jinnah's rigid adherence to the rule of law, and to constitutionalism, they look at me very strangely. That is not supposed to happen; anything opposing the conventional narration is thought to be slightly deviant, not very clearly sane. But there was such adherence; there ought to be such adherence; wherever possible, I have stuck to it, including paying my traffic fines rather than pulling strings to waive them. In fact, scrupulously observing the law when I was most well-placed to flout it in minor ways; by the grace of circumstance, I have not been faced with a need to flout it in any major way yet, and have not had to stand that test.

The Direct Action Day call is one that I regret and deplore. It had an effect that he should have foreseen, and it should never have been.

Gandhi, too, another practising lawyer, accepted the law, scrupulously, painfully exactly, although his political strategy called very frequently for breaking it. His acceptance was signified by his very humble response to legal judgements. His remarks to magistrates sentencing him have a disturbing effect, churning up the mind, even on those - like me - who are not convinced by his political line.

You are out of your mind. She assaulted a police officer on duty, she should go to jail.

Justice demands that wife of this security personnel should be slapped by the husband of the female journalist, and all this should be recorded on camera.

While on topic have u ever dealt with US police??
I haven't had the opportunity and I pray that I don't ever get in their bad books or that will be the end of my life.
Judging from past events

And assaulting a police officer in pakistan is not a breach of law i guess??

Yes, it is, if Pakistan still follows the Criminal Procedure Code. It could be either a criminal or a civil offence.

What the constable did was not legal; it constitutes battery, and is an offence under law as well. He can, and should be prosecuted. If he had arrested the lady for assault, that would have been legal; assault is a cognisable offence, and he had that right.

Or face the might power of men ?

he comes from Society and religion which gives at least in culture an utmost respect and honour to woman To expect anything less from him in treatment of women is utterly disgraceful

I know...and i dont agree with his actions...
But in my opinion (in my personal opinion) his action was legal under the law

I am replying to points that I have objection on. No point in taking up such huge space

So you have objection to the point that women shouldn't initiate violence with a men? No should initiate violence, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom