What's new

Constable Slapped Female Anchor Caught on Camera (Full Video)

1. I would report an assault, or a battery, by a man weaker than I;
  2. I would retaliate against either assault or battery by a man as strong as I, reciprocally, without escalation, and would go on to report the matter;
  3. I would submit to assault by a woman, whether weaker or stronger, but I would report it, in either case.

Therefore this argument collapses on itself. Why would you not retaliate against a woman who is stronger than you, if for you the differentiating factor is the other individuals strength?

Yes. All things considered a officer in UK would have most likely

(i) Warned her he will arrest. What is known as "good telling off".
(ii) Arrested her and taken her down to station. Probably cautioned her and released.
(iii) Charged her with obstructing a police officer. Possible fine with non custodial offence.

She would not go to prison. No UK court (have some experiance) would through a women into jail for grabbing a officers uniform.

Of course there are exceptions. I am well aware of them. I have had run ins with some - but those are exceptions to the rule. The system is not perfect but is under ever increasing process of tweaking to improve it. I had a allegation made against me once and on hearing my claim that there was no record of me having done such a thing (in defence) a women PC replied "Yes but just because there is no record does not mean you have not done xyz". To which I replied "well you could be the biggest criminal in UK underneath that uniform but there you have not been caught yet". Her colleague suddenly told her "we have to go now" and they left.

I would say that in 1980s the UK police was very easy on Pakistani's and gave blacks hard time. However by late 1990s things began to change. Now they are pretty bad. When I first began to drive in early 1981 my car had no insurance, no MOT, no road tax and looked like junk on wheels. In the quest to explore UK I drove that junk all over. I once pulled over on the motorway and took a leak behind some bushes. When I came back there was a motorway patrol with flashing lights parked behind my junk. I thought that is it. It was dark and the blue flashing lights were dazzking me but through that I saw the officer approach me. The car was full of other hooligans like me. The officer stasrnly asked me what I was doing. I admitted the truth knowing that he knew and honesty was best policy - my bigger problem was the car.

Had he found out about the no MOT, no tax disc and no insurance. He gave me a long lecture about safety, hard shoulders being for emergency breakdowns and pissing before setting off on journeys. I stood frozen next to the windscreen in case he saw the tax disc date. The implications of having car impounded in middle of no where were dire. He amazingly after giving me a lecture warned me to take easy when I join the motorway and check for speeding cars. Next thiing he was gone.

Nowdays I have nearly new car but have earned penalty points and am subjected to more scrutiny despite my middle age. I think times have changed. However despite that I still prefer running into UK police then American or Pakistani police. I am covered with the Pakistani police because I have blanket provided by some extended family being in positions whebn they can press the right switches so I never had any problems in Pakistan. However I am well aware of what they can do to the unconnected or the poor.

I have seen person getting 2 year suspended for verbally abusing an officer...

I appreciate your honest and unbiased opinion but i think there is a generation gap between you and me and atleast london is not same

Gotcha. I used to teach at NALSAR Hyderabad until three months ago.

Looked it up. A fine institution
It seems your students were great at MOOT court competitions.

They had a great teacher to thank then.

How was the experience?

@WebMaster This thread was created by someone with the title "Anchor slapped by Sindh policeman" That video wasn't complete and it only showed that woman yelling and then getting slapped, but the reason why i have tagged you here is because that thread got deleted. Is it because the man in question was from FC? and this time those lame facebook anonymous posts claiming innocence of certain "untouchable" people wont cut it? Is defence.pk trying to censor it? If true then I am truly shocked. (BTW before PAK fauj fanboyz pounce on me for being Anti-Pakistani let me remind you all that i am more related to military than most of you can ever be(Just a precautionary statement to keep the unthinking herds at bay :p:))
Full video here, well at-least will give a better picture of how things went down.
[Edited part: It's the other FC not the Fauj associated one(Didn't know there were two FC's in Pakistan), I stand corrected and please move past that. No further changes have been made in the OP]
@Mugwop @HRK @Mentee Three members i recall were on that thread.
I saw the video, it was a non-issue for me. This journalist was really poking at the security guy, he got frustrated and made a bad decision. It's an issue but too minor to have a thread. There are many major issues that happen every day. It also involves the police. What's the point of discussion, what is the need to discuss?

So what do you people want? Capital punishment for the cop?

Shit happens everywhere.. whats new? yeah he slapped here... it was wrong.. so was the reporter.... now hes in jail and shes the victim with the sympathies etc... so what now?
Yea Shit happens everywhere...ISPR promised that they will do investigation about their faujis who assaulted the motorway Police, but the matter is in dust bin........so what now?

Its being reported on international channels.....Pakistan's image is getting more ruined internationally due to act of one idiot FC policeman:hitwall:

Looked it up. A fine institution
It seems your students were great at MOOT court competitions.

They had a great teacher to thank then.

How was the experience?

Sidharth Chauhan was the guy who coached them; I was not allowed within yards of the team.

It was slightly unsettling. The seniority system at that university was
  1. Fifth year
  2. Faculty
  3. Fourth year
  4. Third year
  5. Security guards
  6. Second year
  7. First year
  8. Administrative staff from accounts and examinations departments
  9. Post graduate law students (LLM students)
  10. Management Faculty
  11. Management students, first and second year
  12. Administrative staff from other departments
That took some getting used to.

The known and well-publicised unofficial entries and exits from the hostels were another unsettling factor. The inclination of first-year students to bash in the heads of under-prepared faculty members was a third. The utter laziness and worthlessness of our management students was a fourth. The dress code, especially in summer (near 40 in the shade) was a fifth through tenth, including the penchant of students to wear VERY short shorts to class. And to put their feet up on their desks (happened sometimes). And sleeping in the first period (a tradition in both NLS and NALSAR, and woe betide the unwary faculty member, usually someone in the first week or ten days of the assignment, who objected) an eleventh.

The utter brilliance of the brighter students, sometimes scary, sometimes exhilarating.

The progressive views prevailing: students get their diplomas in the name of 'Mx', no longer 'Mr' or 'Ms'.

I am scared at their reactions if someone brought THIS thread to their notice. Pakistan might face thermonuclear attack. Their reactions to recent events in India have been worse. You have no idea how hard some of us had to work to ensure that these reactions remained bottled up within campus. I don't know if it will explode soon; the VC has already ripped the centre a new arsehole for their approach to the UCC.

It had good points, a very few bad points.

The MAN'S strength. Women are not to be hit under any circumstances. Not by a gentleman.

But we just assumed that:

a) The woman assaulted you first
b) The woman is stronger than you

Why should she not be hit in that scenario? What's so special about her? Why give special treatment to women? Are they goddesses who are above every man? I am just trying to find the rationale behind this. Every behaviour has some rationale and I am trying to find why should the victim not strike back at the woman. If it's a gentlemanly thing, I want to know why.

But we just assumed that:

a) The woman assaulted you first
b) The woman is stronger than you

Why should she not be hit in that scenario? What's so special about her? Why give special treatment to women? Are they goddesses who are above every man? I am just trying to find the rationale behind this. Every behaviour has some rationale and I am trying to find why should the victim not strike back at the woman. If it's a gentlemanly thing, I want to know why.

The rationale is simply this: that the women were considered, and are still considered, the weaker sex; that in itself is a sexist classification, but it is the basis for the code that a woman, any woman, is completely invulnerable at the hands of a gentleman. Their role as mothers and the makers of homes gives them that distinction, without, in modern-day thinking, depriving them of any of the rights of participating in an equal career. It is as irrational as any other social custom; we each have to choose what we follow. It is for me to decide if I wish to conform to the ideal of a gentleman, or carve out my own rules.

A woman assaulting me first, or even a woman stronger than I assaulting me first, assault here being the legal act known as battery, would still be a woman, except - these are the exceptions - espionage and armed combat, where nations are involved. In the national cause, a woman taking up arms and fighting as an equal is no longer vulnerable, as her opponent (if soldiers fighting for their nation) would be compelled by his duty and his oath of service to eliminate armed enemies. An unarmed woman would enjoy the same privileged position as in civil life. In the case of espionage, also, a woman might be executed by order of a court; that would count alongside the punishment of women under the law. Such a punishment is not an individual act, it is an act of the state implementing the laws it has given itself.

More, if you wish, this evening. I must rush to a seven'o'clock appointment.

I have seen person getting 2 year suspended for verbally abusing an officer...

I appreciate your honest and unbiased opinion but i think there is a generation gap between you and me and atleast london is not same

That counts as assault. It was always a crime. It was not strongly pursued in easier times, any more than inebriated young gentlemen were jailed for their excesses after the Boat Race. It was customary to offer a name other than their own; Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse were favourites, and even crusty old magistrates did not bother too much about these. The usual fine, in those days perhaps a century and a bit ago, were 5 Pds.!

Alas and alack.

Back
Top Bottom