What's new

Connecticut School District on Lockdown Following Shooting Report

5pm police update: The gunman, 20 year old Adam Lanza, killed his mother at her home first and went to the school, where his mother's still teaching or once taught, and began shooting.

Found at the scene: A Glock semiautomatic handgun, a Sig Sauer semiautomatic, .223 caliber shell casings. The gunman wears a bullet proof vest. Police confirms: a lone gunman

FBI and New Jersey State Police arrested his 24 year old brother, Ryan Lanza, at his home in Hobogan where the bomb squad is searching the scene now.

Next official update: 6pm east coast time

Most gun loving Americans have all 3, the glock, the sig and the ar-15. I know I do.
The problem really isn't the guns, it's the video games and movies that glorify violence. They are responsible for the spree shootings. Guns haven't changed in 100 years in America. People could have gone on school shootings sprees with 1911s Colt .45 in 1911, but they didn't. It's not the guns, it's the sick society.

As a parent of two children I am truly saddened and shocked at this barbaric act. My prayers are with the families of the deceased. We need tougher laws on gun control.

The bodies of the children are still at the school.

All the children were moved to fire station. Parents waited patiently to pick up their kids. Some waited for a long time.

Then they were told there are no more children to bring to the fire station.

Oh what a horror! !!!!

And I guess typical Chinese behavior is knifing innocent school children, oh look we aren't so different after all.

If you are going to be an a$$hole on a topic of such a sensitive nature just STFU and dont post...
We will just have to excuse SinusChallenged. He usually does not think before he post.

Truly shocking. WTF is with psychos and schools in US? this is fourth or fifth such case in such a short time span. After the cinema shooting there was some talk of restricting automatic weapons, what became of it?
You cannot own a fully automatic weapons unless granted a special license. Of course, there is nothing to prevent you from modifying a single trigger pull 'assault style' rifle into a fully automatic version. Completely illegal. Bottom line is this: What happened was shooting fish in a barrel and a pistol can do just as much killing.

Most gun loving Americans have all 3, the glock, the sig and the ar-15. I know I do.
The problem really isn't the guns, it's the video games and movies that glorify violence. They are responsible for the spree shootings. Guns haven't changed in 100 years in America. People could have gone on school shootings sprees with 1911s Colt .45 in 1911, but they didn't. It's not the guns, it's the sick society.

Trust me it is not video games which exist everywhere it is easy access to firearms which in a moment of anger or madness can lead to such tragic events.

Europe shows far worse movies than Hollywood ever has or does the issue is not about games or violent movies it is a matter of letting anyone have access to dangerous weapons which could be used on the general public.

27 people dead by American Terrorist. Believe me the sooner you believe it is Terrorism the sooner you people would be aware Terrorism in US is home grown larger issue that needs to be addressed not by issuing weapons license but by banning weapons.

Unless you can establish what political end this shooter was working towards as a primary motive, you are wrong by definition, and repeating yourself over and over wont change that.

American Terrorist have killed 27 people as of latest 27 people dead including 14 children.

Sad Fact is US has a brief 70 Years of school-college world's largest shootout yet America does not recognize it as Terrorism but terms killers as sadistic people.

Terrorism is linked to a cause....if he made some rambling statement about Tibet or bringing home troops it would be...

The cause was to Kill innocent people, Yes it was an act of Terrorism by an american citizen thus American Terrorist.
Terrorism is a broad definition Sir. The culprit was a Spree Killer. I have explained this in one thread. This term is for these type of killers.

RIP to the dead!! Really disturbing to hear this kind of news..

But for some, its a matter of celebration and score cheap points as usual :angry:

The cause was to Kill innocent people, Yes it was an act of Terrorism by an american citizen thus American Terrorist.

You are just being a little pig headed here. Just because Pakistan gets regularly accused of having terrorists on its soil, you are simply trying to play tit for tat by classifying a random act of violence as terrorism.. But by your logic, the daily violence in Karachi, which a lot of you term as political violence should also be termed as terrorism..Correct?

PS: Pig Headed has no religious connotation

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pig-headed

Terrorism is linked to a cause....if he made some rambling statement about Tibet or bringing home troops it would be...

If terrorism is linked to a cause then may be an act of terrorism be an act of heroism for the others. Lets not confuse ourselves into definition of terrorism. This particular case was an act of terrorism which terrorized not only the directly affected people ie the children, teachers and the parents but also people across the world whose children go to schools.

Back
Top Bottom