What's new

Congress workers target Mumbai restaurant for mocking UPA government

IndoCarib

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
A Mumbai restaurant has become the hot spot of a political controversy after youth workers of the Congress allegedly forced it to shut down on Monday because its bills mocked the government for being enslaved by corruption. :angry:

Aditi Pure Veg Restaurant in the central part of the city- was open for business today, drawing larger than usual crowds after news of its ordeal went viral. For much of the day, it was trending on Twitter as #AditiRestaurant.

"Height of intolerance!" tweeted senior BJP leader Narendra Modi.

In March, the owner Srinivas Shetty added this cheeky one-liner to the bills for customers: "As per UPA government, eating money (2G, Coal, CWG scam) is a necessity and eating food in an AC restaurant is a luxury."

But succumbing to pressure from the Congress activists, Mr Shetty has stopped using those 'offending" bills.

He alleges that on Monday, some Congress youth workers who showed up for a meal failed to see the humour and allegedly forced Mr Shetty to close down the restaurant. They also filed a defamation complaint with the local police.

Mumbai Youth Congress Chief Ganesh Kumar Yadav claimed: "We did not shut down the restaurant - just took legal action. We protested peacefully."

The "peaceful protests" ended when the owner apologised.

Customers who flocked to the restaurant today got new bills without the comment that caused so much trouble to the owner.

"It is plain intolerance," said a customer, "Everyone has the right to personal opinion - they could have asked the owner to just remove the comment instead of ransacking the place."

But another customer said the owner should not have been forced to remove the comment. "What about freedom of speech?" she asked.

Stop mocking government: Congress workers target Mumbai restaurant | NDTV.com

mumbai_eatery_midday_295x378.jpg

:lol:

Congress was blaming MODI as being a Hitler but Congress proved it is the REAL HITLER.Now in a democracy one cant even criticize the govt??? Shame on Communal and Anti-National Congress and it's goondas... showing how frustrated they are. :angry:

See how this STUPID act by Congress has made into a joke now...

After Mumbai eatery protests luxury tax, new luxury taxes announced | Faking News

Mumbai. The Maharashtra state government has responded by announcing new luxury taxes after a small eatery in Parel protested against luxury tax on air-conditioned restaurants.
Taxes will be applicable on the following items in Mumbai with effect from midnight tonight:

1. People enjoying the luxuries of traffic i.e. living with 5 kilometers radius of their offices or having a Mumbai Local station within 1 kilometer.
2. People living in luxurious expansive homes i.e. over 50 squre feet of real estate per member of the family.
3. People enjoying the luxuries of free speech i.e. tweeting/facebooking against the government for free.
4. People having food security with luxury i.e. those having onions and tomatoes in their salad daily.
5. People enjoying the luxury of not paying any income tax i.e. those below the Income Tax bracket but lying above poverty line.
6. People enjoying luxuries of public life i.e. those who pay less than 100 rupees daily as bribe.
7. Rohit Shetty and Sajid Khan’s movies that leave a person with the luxury of not using brains while watching.
8. People walking on washed away roads, thus having the luxury of being more close to the nature.
9. People who have not remained unemployed for over 9 years in the last 9 years.
10. People who are alive (sources say that Sonia Gandhi is upset over this and this could be removed from the list by tomorrow).

imo whatever the restaurant did was completely within the limits of freedom of speech and expression given to us all by the constitution

sad that now people now can't even express their frustration, grief and anger at congress in a peacefull way thanks to congress goons

As per UPA government, eating money (2G, Coal, CWG scam) is a necessity and eating food in an AC restaurant is a luxury."

:lol:
brilliant, cheeky and thought provoking

CONgress sissies only have guts to fight unarmed veg restaurant but don't have guts to fight internal and external security threats. :laughcry:

imo whatever the restaurant did was completely within the limits of freedom of speech and expression given to us all by the constitution

sad that now people now can't even express their frustration, grief and anger at congress in a peacefull way thanks to congress goons

Kennedy said something very smart many years ago:

'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable'.

Sadly, this is where it is going to as the tension among youth is boiling.

Ask any college goer and he will spill fire on how frustrated he is.

Kennedy said something very smart many years ago:

'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable'.

Sadly, this is where it is going to as the tension among youth is boiling.

Ask any college goer and he will spill fire on how frustrated he is.

Tu sir aap Bareiii...Burheiii unko samjhaneii ke liyee hain naa ! :kiss3:

Apnaa @Ayush is very frustrated too - He can't get an Internship for the Summer nor can he get a good date...I've told him that wearing high heels no matter how 'Liberal' India is generally isn't going to land him either a job or a lady - Aaap Buzurg hiii samjhaeiin....shahid bachaa aaap kii baat hii maan leii ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tu sir aap Bareiii...Burheiii unko samjhaneii ke liyee hain naa ! :kiss3:

Apnaa @Ayush is very frustrated too - He can't get an Internship for the Summer nor can he get a good date...I've told him that wearing high heels no matter how 'Liberal' India is generally isn't going to land him either a job or a lady - Aaap Buzurg hiii samjhaeiin....shahid bachaa aaap kii baat hii maan leii ! :)

Bhai sahab, economy ki halat hi aisi hai ki liberal ho ya na ho, sab ro rahe hain.. oopar se caste wale reservations college students ko aur gussa dilate hain. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom