What's new

Confirmation required: BAF to loan one squadron of J-10A.

Well this is weird! I personally doubt the validity of this news, first of all the gov has spent a long time negotiating with the Russians on a weapons possible migs or SUs, with Russian credit. Now this talk of J10As on lease, if true then excellent, though unlikely.

We are rearming after a long period, the navy needs to replace 50s vintage British frigates, the airforce needs to update its trainers and fighter squadrons and the army needs to update or replace the t59s.

Here is my take on this, the Chinese have perfected the J10Bs and want to supplement or replace many of the early J10As in there fleet, so the offer may have been made to lease a squadron of J10As while they still have us full life in them and the Chinese squadron gets the new J10Bs. Remember the J10As are no longer the newest tech, they are way beyond that now with J10Bs, J11Bs, J15,J16, J20, J31......I think the J10As are equivalent to indian m2000s and mig29s so not a lot of risk of tech lose for the Chinese to consider.

Well this is weird! I personally doubt the validity of this news, first of all the gov has spent a long time negotiating with the Russians on a weapons possible migs or SUs, with Russian credit. Now this talk of J10As on lease, if true then excellent, though unlikely.

We are rearming after a long period, the navy needs to replace 50s vintage British frigates, the airforce needs to update its trainers and fighter squadrons and the army needs to update or replace the t59s.

Here is my take on this, the Chinese have perfected the J10Bs and want to supplement or replace many of the early J10As in there fleet, so the offer may have been made to lease a squadron of J10As while they still have us full life in them and the Chinese squadron gets the new J10Bs. Remember the J10As are no longer the newest tech, they are way beyond that now with J10Bs, J11Bs, J15,J16, J20, J31......I think the J10As are equivalent to indian m2000s and mig29s so not a lot of risk of tech lose for the Chinese to consider.

J10 is fine if its on lease, but if we do buy, it should be the superior variant

Do you seriously think that Indians come to our military bases and check out all the Chinese weapons during BAL regime?

Do you seriously think I am that much naive? Indians wont come here directly. But Some from BAF may leak the technical info to Indians, and I think of such contingency because there are some BAL people in Army.

He means if we get the J10 India will take them from us and reverse engineer it.

No, that is not the case or reverse engineering, the issues could be [ju] India may know the weakness/advantage or other related technical info that could give India better idea to encounter J10.

But for that BAF has to leak info, hopefully BAF would never do that.

Do you seriously think I am that much naive? Indians wont come here directly. But Some from BAF may leak the technical info to Indians, and I think of such contingency because there are some BAL people in Army.

No, that is not the case or reverse engineering, the issues could be [ju] India may know the weakness/advantage or other related technical info that could give India better idea to encounter J10.

BAF will never do that....if any government has that much power over the military they would stay in power forever.....Look at M.U Ahmed.....BNP made him general and he didn't think twice before going against them....Military generals are appointed by the ruling party.But they don't have that much power over it.Military relation with China is not only at a government level but also at a military level.The military will definitely not hand over Chinese tech to India even if Hasina ordered them to(I hardly think she would be stupid enough to do that) because when Hasina is not in power they will still have to deal with the fact that we will loose Chinese support(The military doesn't want that).Besides if you look at the timing of the talks the J-10s(if we get them) won't come here during BAL regime.

China will certainly not give BD the blue print of J-10. So, what an Indian spy can do? Will he hijack the plane to India, Indians will unscrew all the body and engine parts? It is not feasible.

Do you seriously think that Indians come to our military bases and check out all the Chinese weapons during BAL regime?

Snooping in BD will be 1000 times easier than snooping in China.. China does the same, when China is unable to steal USA technology , it ask Pakistan to help..

What do you think what were chinese doing at Mehran base, when Taliban blow off the Pakistani AWCES??

China has given Nuke technology, in return Pakistan has given F16, AWCES, Cruise Missile, Stealth Helos technology to China...

Do not have any knowledge about India's Mirage, but J-10A is far superior to Mig-29.

China will certainly not give BD the blue print of J-10. So, what an Indian spy can do? Will he hijack the plane to India, Indians will unscrew all the body and engine parts? It is not feasible.

J10 is old Lavi design, If India need the technology/blueprint , it will get it from Israel... India has good relation with Israel, If BD wants we can get Lavi blueprint for u as well :P

What India keenly look for is air-profile of J10, Characteristics of J10, Behaviour and agility of the plane.. I wish BD gets this bird..

also, all the procurement ideas come from the military..... the govt. only decides whether they can allocate fund for it or whether one country is better than another from economic or diplomatic perspective..... the dream of submarines has been there since 2004.... several governments later, the dream is still there.... because the BN planned for it; not any govt.... the govt. since then couldn't allocate enough money for it... this is the same for all the weapons purchase.... the procurement ideas will be there even if there's a change in govt...

BAF will never do that....if any government has that much power over the military they would stay in power forever.....Look at M.U Ahmed.....BNP made him general and he didn't think twice before going against them....Military generals are appointed by the ruling party.But they don't have that much power over it.Military relation with China is not only at a government level but also at a military level.The military will definitely not hand over Chinese tech to India even if Hasina ordered them to(I hardly think she would be stupid enough to do that) because when Hasina is not in power they will still have to deal with the fact that we will loose Chinese support(The military doesn't want that).Besides if you look at the timing of the talks the J-10s(if we get them) won't come here during BAL regime.

Snooping in BD will be 1000 times easier than snooping in China.. China does the same, when China is unable to steal USA technology , it ask Pakistan to help..

What do you think what were chinese doing at Mehran base, when Taliban blow off the Pakistani AWCES??

China has given Nuke technology, in return Pakistan has given F16, AWCES, Cruise Missile, Stealth Helos technology to China...

Pakistan and Bangladesh are different cases.They were ruled by the military for a long time.So a diplomatic relation with China was essentially the same thing as Military relation.As China bought US stuff from Pak so will the US...they will buy J-10 from Pak.Our case is different.Our military and civilian structure is separate and the civilian government doesn't have much to do with military issues.So even if we had an Indian guy as our PM it wouldn't mean that our military would follow his orders and give up confidential info.India CAN buy the info(any country can do it with other country)...but that seems very unlikely as the price would be strategically too high for you.Bangladesh and India has been hostile towards each other for a long time and it will remain the same for the years to come.Here's a hypothetical deal for you we will give you specs for J-10 and you give us Brahmos(we will forward it to China).Pakistan also did this because their military goal and ambition was to counter their mortal enemy.We don't have a mortal enemy.We have some good friends(China) and some not so good friends(India).

also, all the procurement ideas come from the military..... the govt. only decides whether they can allocate fund for it or whether one country is better than another from economic or diplomatic perspective..... the dream of submarines has been there since 2004.... several governments later, the dream is still there.... because the BN planned for it; not any govt.... the govt. since then couldn't allocate enough money for it... this is the same for all the weapons purchase.... the procurement ideas will be there even if there's a change in govt...

True and the deals we have with other countries also don't suddenly pop up with different governments...they are planned for a long time and most of them usually have two different governments overseeing yet and yet we do not see any major changes or sudden U-turns.

Pakistan and Bangladesh are different cases.They were ruled by the military for a long time.So a diplomatic relation with China was essentially the same thing as Military relation.As China bought US stuff from Pak so will the US...they will buy J-10 from Pak.Our case is different.Our military and civilian structure is separate and the civilian government doesn't have much to do with military issues.So even if we had an Indian guy as our PM it wouldn't mean that our military would follow his orders and give up confidential info.India CAN buy the info(any country can do it with other country)...but that seems very unlikely as the price would be strategically too high for you.Bangladesh and India has been hostile towards each other for a long time and it will remain the same for the years to come.Here's a hypothetical deal for you we will give you specs for J-10 and you give us Brahmos(we will forward it to China).Pakistan also did this because their military goal and ambition was to counter their mortal enemy.We don't have a mortal enemy.We have some good friends(China) and some not so good friends(India).

India has good resources in BD. And I say it again, if we need Blueprint of J10 we can get it from Israel.. The Spy sattelites/drones can track J10 behaviour (flight profile).

For flight profile of J10 we don't need to come near. The weapon, avionics etc can be snooped easily..

Do not have any knowledge about India's Mirage, but J-10A is far superior to Mig-29.

Well actually the J10As are on par to the Mig 29SMTs and may be UG versions but I doubt that much better, as for the Mirages I think the J10As are better. The J10Bs are much better then either, and the tech in them are quite new, so it's unlikely we would have access to them any time soon.

I think it's actually a good idea to lease the J10As for the time being, say the next 5-10 years then by which time our economy should exceed $250bn and with a annual defence budget of over $5bn we can buy the export versions of the J31s. Then with a combination of J31s and later blocks of Chinese built J17s or J10Bs, we will have a small but effective airforce.

Back
Top Bottom