What's new

Confessions of a non-hijabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually.............. its the men..... We have to change. If a women can roam around freely in any dress she wants without fear of molestation or harassment, then that society has won. Because it has jewels of men who respect women and can control their hormones.

If a woman has to be scared just to walk outside her house.... then it's a damned society and all the men are perverts who should be ashamed of themselves. This applies to the whole Indian sub-continent.

Yup. 100% agree.:) And this is compulsory for both muslim men and women, not some sort of free will thing that some slave mentality suckulars tries to point out to be. Allah(swt) first tells the men to lower his gaze and then the women is asked to wear proper hijab. Both are compulsory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We don't have any islamic nations now , period. Only nation that is somewhat close to implementing sharia is KSA but then too they have some unislamic practices like monarchy and a racist view about non-arab and arab marriages.

As for the bolded part your claim is unfounded just like the claims such as force conversion, force indoctrination for waering hijab etc etc.

Farz is not a personal thing. Its the foremost aspect of our faith and its very clear in the Quran. As for equality for both men and women - equality doesn't mean identicality i,e men and women are different both physiologically and psychologically and based on this criteria Allah(swt) made rules and regulation for both men and women as he knows what is best for us. Something women are given superiority to men in some aspects while men are also given superiority over women in some aspects but overall men and women are equal.
As for civil liberties , it depends what you mean by civil liberties. For muslims they should be with the fold of islam. There are clear guidelines about how far a muslim can go. There are guidelines about what you can and can not do. A muslim is a person who submits his/her will to Allah(swt) ad that being so even though Allah(swt) gave us free will, a muslim (believer) must go by the will of Allah(swt). He/she must follow the commandmants of Allah(swt).

What kind mullah (as suckulars like to belittle and make fun of the term) even did what you mentioned in the bolded part. What kind of absurdity is that? Maybe not prayer as Allah(swt) is the one to judge. But when it come to hijab, it is there to uphold a strong social and moral fabric. It can be enforced by a Islamic state in public places.

DO they really do that in PAK? In KSA things like these don't happen. Fasting also can not be enforced as it depends on one's iman but Hijab is again something different. You are comparing apples with oranges.

A muslim can not be the enforcer, but the islamic state can be the enforcer by sharia law. Now what can a muslim do when he is not living in an islamic state? In such a scenerio it is his/her duty to spread the message of islam and struggle for implememtation of islam in the political sphere in a manner that Allah(swt) told us to do.Violence is definitely not the way. That's what JI or muslim brotherhood tries to do. And they do that in a peaceful manner always. Its the duty of every muslim to abstain from what is wrong and also preach that to others. Allah(swt) will protect Quran till the end of time but he also gave a window of opportunity to muslims as mentioned in Surat Al-`Aşr to gain some points for his/her hereafter. A muslim can advice others about what to do and not do in light of the Quran and Sunnah. This life is a test after all. If Arabs would have enclosed Islam just to one's personal life, we in the subcontinent would have still been pagans.

Yeah whatever. Being a muslim its my duty to tell the truth. If that is eqivalent to backwardness and sickness then so be it.

Sir,

You do have islamic nations---and the "islam" they preach is the islam that is-----open your mind and open your eyes----. This is who you are.

If deceit is the pre-dominant factor in a muslims life---then guess what---it has become islamic in character----because if it was not so---it would not be practised---and if it was---then there would be those fighting it tooth and nail.

If contaminating foods with less favourable items become a practice, if promising a certain goods and delivering a cheaper quality has become a habbit of the nation and the nation is know world wide for those habbits---then that practise has become islamic.

If a man grows a beard and say it is sunnah and in the steps of the prophet Mohammad----and then that man sells milk and mixes water in it / dirty water in it and is on the TV openly stating that saying that he has been doing this for generation---and none says anything or chops his head off---and the nation accepts it as such----then it becomes an islamic practise as well. Then this is what islam is and then this is what islam teaches---and this is who you muslims are.

And as for beating up people eating during ramazan---it is a common practise in KSA pakistan and many other muslims countries---.

It starts with 'why are you eating in front of me----I am fasting'----.

Shariah law is nothing but more than the arab / bedouin tribal law. We live in nation states---where a citizens rights are protected by the state---. Where any crime committed against a citizen is a crime against a state and thus punishable as suh by the state law---. Where you cannot buy forgiveness for blood money---or by kidnapping the relarives of the victims and forcing them to sign off on a peace deal.

A law has to protect its citizens against any criminal and non criminal offences aganist them.

Shariah law as imposed in pakistan doesnot even come close to that---it does not provide justice---the providers of shariah law are purely illeterates in the matters of the world, jurisprudence and not understanding the consequences of the failure to impose punishemnts and settling for blood money.

There is NO COMPULSION IN ISLAM---the shariah law cannot impose itself on the muslims other than what the existing state laws had been---the current shariah law is a deceitful law---it is more destructive to the wel-being and foundations of the state and the nation than it is constructive---.

You cannot hide away and run from your shadow----it will be everywhere you go---. Accept first that this is what who you are----that you are the condemned---that you are the deceitful---that you are the thief and the cheat--then if you ask for forgiveness from the Lord and start correcting things in your life and feel guilt about your sins that makes you start to be a muslim.

Untill and unless the muslim does not take out the basic level of frustration that is abundant in a muslim society like pakistan---bangladesh---there is no way up.

Give the people their basic rights---give them their fundamental rights and provide them with oppurtunities and give them a ray of hope---they will all fall back to do the right----but even if the very basic fundamental right cannot be protected and respected---they will all go astray regardless of the shariah law or otherwise.

Each nation has its own character---the saudis can live and be subjugated by the shariah law---pakistanis on the other hand---cannot be subjugated and pressured to live under the shariah law---because we have seen the justice done under the our system of justice since independence---we just need to enforce that law.

I am a little shocked at ALL those people saying that Hijab is cultural!

Pakistan ka culture is more related to India and Persia than to Arabs! So, why would they adapt their culture and not religion? Apparently someone is confused as to where the line between the culture and religion starts and ends!

Anyhow, those who seek the truth can go search it....those who want to behave say rubbish can go ahead. I presented my points, I am not going to force it down your throats, BUT for GOD sakes do not preach what YOU THINK as Islam....Post some "cultural related" literature that states Hijab is some culture!

Secondly, Islam just means to submit to the will of ALLAH...Whoever did that was/ is and will be a Muslim.

Adam, Idris, Hud, Nuh, Ibrahim, Lut, Ismael, Ishaq, Yaukub, Yusuf, Ayub, Shoaib, Musa, Zulkifli, Dawud, Zakraiya, Illyas, Illyasa, Isa and whomever I missed all said they submit their will to ALLAH and hence, according to ARABIC they were Muslims.

Now, about Adam and Hawa being naked...EVEN THE BIBLE says they started covering themselves when they came to earth so I am not sure WHOSE book you were quoting proudly!

As for all of you attacking each other for no reason, go home truth stands out from falsehood, you are just making a fool of yourselves - This is for both who want to make women covered till they look like Mummies as well as the friend of the impotent guy who doesn't feel anything seeing a naked woman! - Even Biology says YOU SHOULD FEEL SOMETHING...It's a different story he did not behave like a typical animal and managed to control himself...But him saying he don't feel a thing means he somehow made himself impotent (Biologically speaking)

:)

Feel the same way. Also, on the last part, depending on CULTURE, they might feel less or more - there are limits, but hair only the lowest of the low will have a fetish for that
Islam is universal, fetishes are limited

I have heard that many secular Arab countries like Tunisia and so on actually discourage wearing a 'niqab' or 'hijab' in public places?

So why are these non-Arab Muslims so strict about Islam than the Arabs themselves?

Genuine question out of curiosity I apologise if I offended anyone :)

I have heard that many secular Arab countries like Tunisia and so on actually discourage wearing a 'niqab' or 'hijab' in public places?

So why are these non-Arab Muslims so strict about Islam than the Arabs themselves?

Because they had puppet governments which did not allow them. THey were not having proper islamic schools. so gradually forget their religion.

Because those countries were run by western imposed Suckular fagots.

And about the bolded part, all muslim country should implement Islam in the public and political sphere and follow sharia i.e laws ordained by Allah(swt) and best understood and preached by our beloved prophet Muhammad (pbuh). A muslim should always be strict about islam and arabs are not necessarily representatives of Islam that your are considering them as the benchmark.

Where I live you can most certainly tell the men from women!

Many women of lower class in the US also wear Men's clothing...lol

And about the bolded part, all muslim country should implement Islam in the public and political sphere and follow sharia i.e laws ordained by Allah(swt) and best understood and preached by our beloved prophet Muhammad (pbuh). A muslim should always be strict about islam and arabs are not necessarily representatives of Islam that your are considering them as the benchmark.

And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Qur'an 49:11

So you want to preach to us what Islam is but are not following it yourself. Hypocrites like you are the reason people hate Muslims.

Name a few Islamic countries or ancient nations that existed in the last 500 years that can be used as a benchmark

And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Qur'an 49:11

So you want to preach to us what Islam is but are not following it yourself. Hypocrites like you are the reason people hate Muslims.

I think you missed the previous ayat. Quran 49:10 which says - All believers are but brethren. [11] Hence, [when* ever they are at odds,] make peace between your two brethren, and remain conscious of God, so that you might be graced with His mercy!

So you mean to say seculars are believers who believes Man made laws are better than Allahs law?? I see the hypocrisy now

Many women of lower class in the US also wear Men's clothing...lol

So since they wear men's clothing , its makes it difficult for you to differentiate !!! since all the women have beard,short hair,hairy arms and no curves !!! .............................Can you tell which part of Us you are staying in !!!!:azn:

Sir,

You do have islamic nations---and the "islam" they preach is the islam that is-----open your mind and open your eyes----. This is who you are.

If deceit is the pre-dominant factor in a muslims life---then guess what---it has become islamic in character----because if it was not so---it would not be practised---and if it was---then there would be those fighting it tooth and nail.

If contaminating foods with less favourable items become a practice, if promising a certain goods and delivering a cheaper quality has become a habbit of the nation and the nation is know world wide for those habbits---then that practise has become islamic.

If a man grows a beard and say it is sunnah and in the steps of the prophet Mohammad----and then that man sells milk and mixes water in it / dirty water in it and is on the TV openly stating that saying that he has been doing this for generation---and none says anything or chops his head off---and the nation accepts it as such----then it becomes an islamic practise as well. Then this is what islam is and then this is what islam teaches---and this is who you muslims are.

And as for beating up people eating during ramazan---it is a common practise in KSA pakistan and many other muslims countries---.

It starts with 'why are you eating in front of me----I am fasting'----.

Shariah law is nothing but more than the arab / bedouin tribal law. We live in nation states---where a citizens rights are protected by the state---. Where any crime committed against a citizen is a crime against a state and thus punishable as suh by the state law---. Where you cannot buy forgiveness for blood money---or by kidnapping the relarives of the victims and forcing them to sign off on a peace deal.

A law has to protect its citizens against any criminal and non criminal offences aganist them.

Shariah law as imposed in pakistan doesnot even come close to that---it does not provide justice---the providers of shariah law are purely illeterates in the matters of the world, jurisprudence and not understanding the consequences of the failure to impose punishemnts and settling for blood money.

There is NO COMPULSION IN ISLAM---the shariah law cannot impose itself on the muslims other than what the existing state laws had been---the current shariah law is a deceitful law---it is more destructive to the wel-being and foundations of the state and the nation than it is constructive---.

You cannot hide away and run from your shadow----it will be everywhere you go---. Accept first that this is what who you are----that you are the condemned---that you are the deceitful---that you are the thief and the cheat--then if you ask for forgiveness from the Lord and start correcting things in your life and feel guilt about your sins that makes you start to be a muslim.

Untill and unless the muslim does not take out the basic level of frustration that is abundant in a muslim society like pakistan---bangladesh---there is no way up.

Give the people their basic rights---give them their fundamental rights and provide them with oppurtunities and give them a ray of hope---they will all fall back to do the right----but even if the very basic fundamental right cannot be protected and respected---they will all go astray regardless of the shariah law or otherwise.

Each nation has its own character---the saudis can live and be subjugated by the shariah law---pakistanis on the other hand---cannot be subjugated and pressured to live under the shariah law---because we have seen the justice done under the our system of justice since independence---we just need to enforce that law.

SO what if some muslims are corrupt. Muslims are not representatives of Islam, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is. You are sounding like a bearded men doing something wrong is the fault of the beard. How ridiculous of an argument is that? Most pious muslims don't do such things you mentioned above. If a man establish prayer 5 times a day, after comming out from the mosque his own self would contradict him if he tries to commit some crime / wrongdoing. As I said before your whole argument is based on preconceived notion of a pious muslim being bad or something.

Your are calling and badmouthing laws ordained by Allah(swt). I don't think any muslim in his sane mind would do that. Calling sharia beduin law goes beyond any from of absurdity. You sir have a deep hatred for Islam.

As for your out of the context verse "no compulsion in religion". This is the only word quoted by seculars.:lol: This is the full quote of Surat Al-Baqarah verse no.256:

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut(crossing limits) and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

How does this "no compulsion in religion" be equated with muslims not following Quran and sunnah?

And in conclusion I would like to say that , an islamic state can not be established overnight which even parties like JI and muslim brotherhood knows. SO they start from grass root level educating their party activists , propagating Islam via sattelite channels, doing dawa to non-muslims and clearing misconception of muslims. First you have to set the foundation and implement islam slowly like starting with the education system where Arabic must be compulsory so that kids grow up to understand the Quran and there should be a hadith course as well without which proper understanding of the Quran is impossible. Its the duty on all muslims to try & strive to establish Islam in every sphere of life in the society he/she is living in. People like you are belitting those people who are striving in the way of Allah(swt), this badmounting and making fun of their struggle have serious consequences (if you believe in ISLAM i.e).

Name a few Islamic countries or ancient nations that existed in the last 500 years that can be used as a benchmark

Ottoman empire was somewhat close but became corrupt latter on. Muslims actually started losing their superiority in the last 500 years. Very cunning of you. Any way the fact that muslim will suffer and face hardships was prophesied 1400 years ago by our beloved prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and this is happening because we have gone astray from the teachings of Quran and sunnah.

The best example will be the Rashidun Caliphate who set the bench mark for an model islamic state. The Abbasid Caliphate (3rd caliphate) is also a good example.

According to you when did Islam began?

You are applying concept of hijab to people of stone age and cave man. did we had any clothe at that time? or just banana leaf to cover your private parts :D Its like asking why we use pc when man in past never used it. I mean in stone age people have not got ay clothe, any proper shelter, no proper food and also no concept of cleaning and hygiene, lack of morality , laws of jungle etc so i did not actual get your question . so if in stone age peoples used to live like animals then we should do the same in modern day?

Secondly there are not much details about lives of hazrat adam and eve and we have no clue how they led their life because it is very very ancient and we did not had any writing materials or history record that can tell us their ways of life.

Actually this is what I want to convey. When people say that Ayah from Quran are the words of God then they have to understand that should always impact all the generations. if Origin of Islam is 1400 years ago then that was due to certain purpose which had significantly impact of localized culture.

Take any religion in the world they are always impacted by geographical, Geo-political and culture of origin place. Now what is written in Ayah does not comply to Prophets and a certain period then what is written 1400 yrs ago should comply today. Don't you think a religion also need to be evolved widely?

Speak against Islam and u on Tribue! Anyway! All the Abrahmic religions, endorse Hijab with Bible asking to shave off the head of the woman who does not cover her head!

For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. [1 Corinthians 11:6]

As far as Islam is concerned, the following verse is enough to convince a Muslim.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ahzab 33:59

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Moreover Allah says:

“O Children of Adam! We have bestowed clothing upon you to cover yourselves and as an adornment. But the clothing of righteousness, that is better.” [7:26]

Hijab in Islam is prescribed for both men and women. Problem and confusion arises because we analyse Islamic injunctions one by one and imagine fitting them in our lifestyle while the rest of society remains as it is! The social System of Islam could be viewed as following points.

1) Early Marriages
2) Hijab
3) Legal measurements to keep a check on immodesty.

Early Marriages:

Sexual relationship are considered legitimate after the age of consent, why one can't do it by first marrying the lady one wants to be with? Marriage is an institution to safeguard women against molestation. No society is more "ideal" for men than the one without marriage. A man can be with one woman today and then forget her for the rest of his life. But what about woman? What if she gets pregnant. Yeah getting pregnant will become nightmare, the child born would always be an unwelcomed guest and may never see the love and care of both the parents. Extremely selfish is a man who is against marriage, who can enjoy himself with a lady but can't bring her home and be responsible to provide whatever she needs (In Islam husband is responsible to look after his wife while the wife, though may be more rich, is exempted from spending on her husband).

Hijab:

This is a broad term and is not about just a piece of cloth! A woman should avoid intermingling with other men and so is a man supposed to do as far as other women are concerned. They should safeguard their eyes and should believe that they are to be with only their wives. The purpose of this is to focus the attention of both husband and wife to only themselves. The intention is to build a strong bond of love between husband and wife so they should focus on themselves. Protecting the family life is what protects humanity. Be honest and everyone of you tell me, "Who in the world wants you to be at a better position than oneself". Search the whole world and you'd find no one except your own parents. Family structure my friend! a natural way of progress for humanity, your parents would invest all they have so that you get to the best position possible and everyone's parents trying that hard. What else can assure more than this that the next generations should be better than the previous.

Legal Measurements to control Immodesty:

Now that an Islam system has been put in place, you can proceed with implementing the Shariah punishments for those who OPENLY violate the law! Yes openly! The punishments prescribed through the judicial system are only for the crimes that are committed against the society. If one is to be punished for adultery, the culprit must have done it in public. Four eye witness are to be produced and they should testify that the themselves saw the intercourse been done. It is impossible for someone committing adultery in one's bedroom that he be seen by four people. The judicial procedure does include the scrutiny of the character of the witnesses. These punishments are to serve as a deterrent and make sure that ppl dont openly defy the norms of a society.

My friends! when you talk of any principle of Islam, take it as a part of a whole! Be it Riba or Hijab or whatever. Islam is a complete way of life, Look at it just as you look at Communism as a social and economic system or just as you take western democratic capitalism as a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom