What's new

Complete Review of Naval MIG-29k

Hi mate, actually they didn't have a choice! The Su 33 production line was closed, the futher development as you pointed out was too costly and since India procured and partially funded the Mig 29K developments, it was the only choice unless they wanted to pay and develop something alone.

Hey Sancho,

That was my point exactly: They did have a choice, only it was impractical. What they needed was an interim solution until a 5th generation fighter matured for naval use. It was either convert the Su-35S or buy the readily available MiG-29K. I think they made the easier choice, not the more beneficial one.

actually,by saying "Afford",i meant the exact thing that they can't afford upgrading/replacing Su-33 which will take time and need more money.as India opted for Mig-29k,and Mig corporation opened production line for it,Russia opted for Mig-29k.Sancho and Vritra,thanx for clarification. :)

Some Pics of Mig-29 UPG

2045218.jpg

2070356.jpg

2038328.jpg

KBU3123 / 921 BLUE The Indian Air Force (IAF) upgraded MiG-29UPG fighter with jet-launched version of a subsonic anti-ship missile Kh-35E (AS-20 Kayak). The standard includes the new Zhuk-M2E radar, new avionics, a OLS-UEM IRST sensor with the laser, thermal-imaging and television capabilities, as well as new enhanced RD-33 series 3 turbojet engines. The basic weapons suite of the MiG-29UPG is the same as that of the MiG-29SMT and MiG-29K/KUB.

^I don't care about looks, it's about performance and this Mig-29UPG for IAF is a deadly beast.

Back
Top Bottom