What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

Yes i see indians(india & Bdshis) have eggs in biryani, it is a must & i hate it. I still don't know what egg has to do with biryani...:lol:

I know, we Pakistanis all over Pakistan add potatoes in Biryani & it is more tastier.

Here is Biryani with tasty potatoes
p4.jpg
[/IMG]

Btw I like this only a little bit... the real stuff is the pillow we make at home. Real good stuff... old lucknowi style and very few people can make it.

Btw I like this only a little bit... the real stuff is the pillow we make at home. Real good stuff... old lucknowi style and very few people can make it.

Pillow. :blink: I never liked Lucknowi Biryani, it has so plain taste.

Pillow. :blink: I never liked Lucknowi Biryani, it has so plain taste.

It doesn't have as much spice in it. But these traditions are broking down gradually. In my relatives house its either normal students biryani or other spicy biryani with potatoes and all those things.

We can either reassert our old culture or adopt a new one.

Tunde kabab and Kakori kabab are more famous, is it available in Pakistan.

Kakori is from my fathers side. It is famous, yes. We are known for our kebabs actually but the one I like best-the seekh kabab no one knows how to cook.

last week my mother sipped saffron tea (i think it was a saffron tea)in abu -dhabi aur unki tabiyatt kharab .....:cry:

@Areesh Do you add potatoes in Hyderabadi Biryani too in Pakistan. I have eaten Biryani with egg but never heard about potatoes.

Not in the hyderabadi biryani. But in other biryanis like Sindhi biryani potato is added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you throw light on the quality of Iranian and Afghan food? What is there standards? How do they fare in comparison with Pakistani, Indian and Bangladeshi food? Rate them like this: 1. better than Pakistani or 2. better than Indian but not as good as Pakistani or 3. not as good as Indian or 4. something else.

Hi,

You are looking at food from a self-righteous angle---mine is better than yours---and such is not the case---.

You need to learn eat foods of different ethnicities nd cultures on their own merits and not in comparison---. If yourfood tasted the best---then wouldn't the worldbe eating the "best" food all the time---.

You have to learn to develop the taste to eat food on its own merit and cultural standards and not by pakistani food is better than iranian or indian or afg.

I cant read all 22 pages, can someone please tell me if the issue is settled if Biryani is Indian dish or central asian dish? Please don't tell references from recipe websites. Cooks don't know about history. And even if started in Mughal kitchens, it still does not make it central asian dish. If it started in India, its Indian dish. Is there any dish in central asia that is called biryani and looks like biryani?

I cant read all 22 pages, can someone please tell me if the issue is settled if Biryani is Indian dish or central asian dish? Please don't tell references from recipe websites. Cooks don't know about history. And even if started in Mughal kitchens, it still does not make it central asian dish. If it started in India, its Indian dish. Is there any dish in central asia that is called biryani and looks like biryani?

Turks eat something called Buryan. Its originally from Central Asia but underwent modification in India and remained popular only in the subcontinent.

Bangladeshi Food wins the United Kingdom. Almost Whole restaurant business of UK are in the hands of the Bangladeshi Sylhetis. "Garur Ghost vuna" in Bangladeshi system with Kichuri is really Awesome. Hilsha fish is a world known delicious item. We have so many local items of "Pithas" or cake. Bangladesh is the land of tasty foods with wide divergence. It is the center of curry culture. Thanks.

I can eat Biryani with or without potatoes, it doesn't matter me a bit. The potatoes in Biryani makes Biryani more tastier.

Potato is from America came here just 200 years back. Biryani don't contain potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom