What's new

Comparison: PAF JF-17 & IAF MIG-29

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are even dedicated threads to compare JF-17 with MKI.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/5354-su-30mki-jf-17-air-fight-7.html

I feel this comparison is more fair !

Thats quite lame of you my friend. JF-17 and MKI will be put against each other as SU-30MKI is Indian's attacking machine and JF-17 will be serving defensive purposes. There's no comparison, true but you will nevertheless see these two machines get against each other and the thread you are indicating is more about discussing strategy that how can we counter SU-30MKI using the best defensive machine we could have, the JF-17s! Even then in the fight, they are not comparable and JF-17 will be dependent on additional resources to counter MKIs. If that still hasn't made sense to you, you have wasted a good deal of time at PDF making 850+ posts.

It will be better if compare with teja and j-17

Yes that would make more sense but what is point of comparing at this stage when one is under production (JF-17) and other (Tejas) prototype is trying to clear Flutter Tests. You can only compare Tejas's expected features but there's no guarentee that you will end up getting what you plan. So even for JF-17 Vs Tejas, you would need to wait some.

Thats quite lame of you my friend. JF-17 and MKI will be put against each other as SU-30MKI is Indian's attacking machine and JF-17 will be serving defensive purposes. There's no comparison, true but you will nevertheless see these two machines get against each other and the thread you are indicating is more about discussing strategy that how can we counter SU-30MKI using the best defensive machine we could have, the JF-17s! Even then in the fight, they are not comparable and JF-17 will be dependent on additional resources to counter MKIs. If that still hasn't made sense to you, you have wasted a good deal of time at PDF making 850+ posts.

I got your point bro, but the MiG-29 is the IAF's dedicated air superiority fighter.The foremost task of a air superiority fighter would be to establish Air Superiority. I mean controlling the airspace within a limited area for a limited length of time.I case of a war, MiG-29 could be deployed for air superiority and Jf-17 could be deployed for defensive role.

I got your point bro, but the MiG-29 is the IAF's dedicated air superiority fighter.The foremost task of a air superiority fighter would be to establish Air Superiority. I mean controlling the airspace within a limited area for a limited length of time.I case of a war, MiG-29 could be deployed for air superiority and Jf-17 could be deployed for defensive role.

Although its less likely that Mig-29s will be used in attack against Pakistan when we have F-16 to counter them, it would suit India better to send their better attacking aircrafts SU-30MKIs so they could dominate F-16s too. Anyway, if you are putting it this way then why not.. we can evaluate how Mig-29s and JF-17 will counter each other. So will be more of a attacking-defensive strategy comparison instead of comparison of features in solitude.

All of India's 90+ Migs have been Stationed, to defend the Indo-PAK border.

They will be be pivotal to both establishing and then Maintaining, Air supremacy.

In the unfortunate even of war, PAF will face more MId-29 then MKI
During their Inevitable Preemptive strike. Mig-29 is the fast interceptor. and air cover for Bombing runs.

Although its less likely that Mig-29s will be used in attack against Pakistan when we have F-16 to counter them, it would suit India better to send their better attacking aircrafts SU-30MKIs so they could dominate F-16s too. Anyway, if you are putting it this way then why not.. we can evaluate how Mig-29s and JF-17 will counter each other. So will be more of a attacking-defensive strategy comparison instead of comparison of features in solitude.

Ok,Lets put it this way, in case of a conflict we also have to keep an eye on our eastern front. So a considerable amount of resources would be diverted to that field, so there is a chance of these two going against each other.More over most of mig-29 are stationed in western command. :)

You merely can't match them inch for inch or turn for turn,

Special weapons and tactics also come into equation.

Take the last India/Pakistan war for example, Mig-21 proved the better aircraft against thin wing F-104, but then the humble F-86 got the better of the Russian fighter.
As revealed earlier, an IAF SU-30 Commander had disclosed that if ever he went into battle, he would prefer his previous platform, Mirage-2000 instead of the Sukhoi fighter.

You merely can't match them inch for inch or turn for turn,

Special weapons and tactics also come into equation.

Take the last India/Pakistan war for example, Mig-21 proved the better aircraft against thin wing F-104, but then the humble F-86 got the better of the Russian fighter.
As revealed earlier, an IAF SU-30 Commander had disclosed that if ever he went into battle, he would prefer his previous platform, Mirage-2000 instead of the Sukhoi fighter.

I haven't heard about it. Anything to back up that ?? :what:

JF 17 and mig 29 are not similar at all.its baseless thread..see mig 29 and F 16 were better to compare..
Jf 17 and tejas were going to be good competators..

Not another thread :what:

Poor JF-17, it must be doing :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: in its hangar after knowing about this thread.

Leave alone the poor JF-17 guys, its just growing up and you guys are comparing the light weight contender to the World Champions Heavy weight contenders, not fair.

JF-17 must be praying :argh: to God, that why did you made me so little and then gave me a fight to do with the biggest mean machines that are there in the world. Not fair.

Guys let it grow, give it a few years to mature, then get JF-17 into the ring, hopefully by then it will be capable enough to give some fight to the mean machines.

i dnt have any word 4 this i dnt knw how can i express my self bt Thanx 4 This Information

Not another thread :what:

Poor JF-17, it must be doing :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: in its hangar after knowing about this thread.

Leave alone the poor JF-17 guys, its just growing up and you guys are comparing the light weight contender to the World Champions Heavy weight contenders, not fair.

JF-17 must be praying :argh: to God, that why did you made me so little and then gave me a fight to do with the biggest mean machines that are there in the world. Not fair.

Guys let it grow, give it a few years to mature, then get JF-17 into the ring, hopefully by then it will be capable enough to give some fight to the mean machines.

Wakey..wakey !! You must had a nightmare :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom