What's new

Comparison between LCA Tejas and JF-17 Thunder in an A-to-A Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its now even clear from the seniors that JF-17s will remain only in PAF fleet and it will be the same aircraft with some modification in avionics and IFR.

Like you have the brains to understand.

Before answering how you can judge my brain. You are the one who said about the obsolteness in LCA, why don't you mention which features in LCA are absolute today. So leave aside making personal attack on me, ellaborate what you want to say.

if i were some high authority in india.

i would have hanged anyone involved in the lca project and life imprisonment for those having positive feeling for lca and 5 lac punishment fine and 3 years of jail for those even talking about lca in public or internet.

LCA is the most useless project ever taken in the history of mankind
"Research & Dev" , what type of R&D do you do? Copy paste from Google?

Before answering how you can judge my brain. You are the one who said about the obsolteness in LCA, why don't you mention which features in LCA are absolute today. So leave aside making personal attack on me, ellaborate what you want to say.
Guy is false flag, He has no technical arguments to substain his Line. He is known for flame baits and personal attacks when you challenge him on Facts. Better use ignore button

Like you have the brains to understand.

Before answering how you can judge my brain. You are the one who said about the obsolteness in LCA, why don't you mention which features in LCA are absolute today. So leave aside making personal attack on me, ellaborate what you want to say

Guy is false flag, He has no technical arguments to substain his Line. He is known for flame baits and personal attacks when you challenge him on Facts. Better use ignore button

@Indian Patriot How do you rate JF-17 on technological term ?

The only way to know is actual combat. Tejas is not yet operational. Too soon to say.

Its just to simple ?
14 years past LCA project ,stands with a prototype , which isn't fully operational properly & here we are discussing its capabilities ?
Against a dedicated 4th generation fighter like thunder ,which has its sqrdns opreational since past 5 years need to use common sense some times ?lolzz

See this is why I support the TNT

We can NEVER AGREE on anything

Many many Thanks to SHRI M A Jinnah JI THAT people like you are NOT in India
Time to thanks moodi jee & the support team of LCA that they still unable to let the dam LCA in the air ?lolzz

14 years past LCA project ,stands with a prototype , which isn't fully operational properly & here we are discussing its capabilities ?

Where are you living in which world. LCA tejas in IOC-2, FOC next year and you still dreaming in prototype stage.

Any link to support thunder attained FOC.

Against a dedicated 4th generation fighter like thunder ,which has its sqrdns opreational since past 5 years need to use common sense some times ?lolzz

Sqrd operation with BVR, LGP, night flight capability from day one, is this you want to say ??

LCA is probably the most under rated jet development in history from 1950-till date timeline
Most ppl feel it is delayed and is incapable.
BUT
ppl forget to see how the primary user has kept the benchmark of its acceptance in a manner that is high/very high for other jets developed by other nations and users.

Over time its gonna be mass produced like or not.. The best part is LCA is a secondary role interceptor or CAS type where primary beeline is tried tested platforms....
If any adversary does manage to slip past those platforms net, this little pocket rocket will present a very challenging proposition which will suck the pilots every iota of will power, knowledge and situation analysis on a real time basis...

JF17s comparision is again a complete wrong way as its use is somewhat more as the backbone of PAF.

JF17 in true sense needs to first bother about the Su30 MKI, Mig29s, Jags, Mirages,etc and finally going pass through everyone of them will finally meet LCA. Unfortunately in combat, you drop air tanks asap the moment you plan to engage (BVR is a dream as in real situation the distance between both countries almost nullify the rcs values and so called BVR engagement and missile locking scenarios especially bcz at long range the missile pk and energy both will dwindle down too rapidly). With a engine derivative of Rd93 - RD 33 has descent specs. SFC of 0.74 dry and afterburn 2.004 (lb/lbfhr) (Military Turbojet/Turbofan Specifications

For internal fuel capacity for 2300 ish Kgs or say round figure 5200 Lbs means ewithout any more refueling is (0.74x5200) = 3848 Lbs of fuel consumed per hour in dry thrust and with 5200 pounds tank the effective time range is 1.35h max before not a single drop left so effective time for a round trip one side will be 0.6-0.7 hrs max.. Per hour speed at 0.85 mach means 1050 kmsph so a range of 630 kms BUT since you are trying to outsmart and out maneuver post dropping the tanks and escaping the net of IAF frontline, the dry and wet thrust combination would put the effective combat radius to around 378-400km (assuming 60% max) for safe return. Now if we assume you engage LCA while coming in such a scenario, the situation becomes even more dismissal as SFC would make your time of operations shrink even more quickly and not going higher speed (higher consumption) would make you sitting ducks. (of course exceptional pilots may survive out of such combats too and some may convert the bird to free dropping bomb trucks over airbases or strategic targets too)

Yes a interception mission may see them face off close to border but the moment its identified to be inside our airspace and as hostile besides LCA other bases would also sortie and again it becomes from just LCA vs JF17 to a swam vs JF17.

Thus, the whole analysis is a bit far fetched as per me. The figures i used are in public domain but are approximate in nature so perhaps some changes are possible but i am sure you folks would get what i wanted to say in gist form. LCA vs JF17 only after every other adversary on air is outsmarted/outmatched.... Lots of luck, exceptional pilot and many extreme factors needed for that scenario..

Where are you living in which world. LCA tejas in IOC-2, FOC next year and you still dreaming in prototype stage.

Any link to support thunder attained FOC.

Sqrd operation with BVR, LGP, night flight capability from day one, is this you want to say ??
Sure since past 14 dam years we hear next year for LCA ?

Thunder It is now ?
It can do all of night missions ,BVR,LGP,smart targeting & many more features never been discussed ?
How about the dam LCA?
oh still no where ?
After at least 14 years of research ?lolzz

LCA is probably the most under rated jet development in history from 1950-till date timeline
Most ppl feel it is delayed and is incapable.
BUT
ppl forget to see how the primary user has kept the benchmark of its acceptance in a manner that is high/very high for other jets developed by other nations and users.

Over time its gonna be mass produced like or not.. The best part is LCA is a secondary role interceptor or CAS type where primary beeline is tried tested platforms....
If any adversary does manage to slip past those platforms net, this little pocket rocket will present a very challenging proposition which will suck the pilots every iota of will power, knowledge and situation analysis on a real time basis...

JF17s comparision is again a complete wrong way as its use is somewhat more as the backbone of PAF.

JF17 in true sense needs to first bother about the Su30 MKI, Mig29s, Jags, Mirages,etc and finally going pass through everyone of them will finally meet LCA. Unfortunately in combat, you drop air tanks asap the moment you plan to engage (BVR is a dream as in real situation the distance between both countries almost nullify the rcs values and so called BVR engagement and missile locking scenarios especially bcz at long range the missile pk and energy both will dwindle down too rapidly). With a engine derivative of Rd93 - RD 33 has descent specs. SFC of 0.74 dry and afterburn 2.004 (lb/lbfhr) (Military Turbojet/Turbofan Specifications

For internal fuel capacity for 2300 ish Kgs or say round figure 5200 Lbs means ewithout any more refueling is (0.74x5200) = 3848 Lbs of fuel consumed per hour in dry thrust and with 5200 pounds tank the effective time range is 1.35h max before not a single drop left so effective time for a round trip one side will be 0.6-0.7 hrs max.. Per hour speed at 0.85 mach means 1050 kmsph so a range of 630 kms BUT since you are trying to outsmart and out maneuver post dropping the tanks and escaping the net of IAF frontline, the dry and wet thrust combination would put the effective combat radius to around 378-400km (assuming 60% max) for safe return. Now if we assume you engage LCA while coming in such a scenario, the situation becomes even more dismissal as SFC would make your time of operations shrink even more quickly and not going higher speed (higher consumption) would make you sitting ducks. (of course exceptional pilots may survive out of such combats too and some may convert the bird to free dropping bomb trucks over airbases or strategic targets too)

Yes a interception mission may see them face off close to border but the moment its identified to be inside our airspace and as hostile besides LCA other bases would also sortie and again it becomes from just LCA vs JF17 to a swam vs JF17.

Thus, the whole analysis is a bit far fetched as per me. The figures i used are in public domain but are approximate in nature so perhaps some changes are possible but i am sure you folks would get what i wanted to say in gist form. LCA vs JF17 only after every other adversary on air is outsmarted/outmatched.... Lots of luck, exceptional pilot and many extreme factors needed for that scenario..
The most important thing is reality ?
You have forgotten it ?
In reality LCA is just a paper illusion nothing more then that ?
So , the competetion of the JF-THUNDER s reality & paper illusion of LCA is a worst joke ever can think off ?
Acceptence of reality , is the key to any successful project like thunder ?

Thunder It is now ?
It can do all of night missions ,BVR,LGP,smart targeting & many more features never been discussed ?
Question is does it had all the features when it was Inducted in PAF.
When would thunder going to get its FOC.
How about the dam LCA?
oh still no where ?
After at least 14 years of research ?lolzz
Sure since past 14 dam years we hear next year for LCA ?

Janab it needs unbiased eyes to see LCA flying. It was flying with MKI in the form of the mission computer, Mayavi EW suite, OBOG, fuel pump. It was flying with Mig 27 and Darlin Upgrade of Jaguar, and it will be flying with FGFA.

Lets talk about your beloved thunder than any link for its FOC or IOC status.
People here in PDF talking so much before Blk 2 --- AESA, FBW, composite, TVC -- and in the end the block 2 ended with aeriel refuel, and software upgrade of Radar.
Now with block 3 again AESA, FBW, Composite, stealth, Chinese engine etc etc
First the time when it will come 2018, source is chinese article, why when nothing is in your hand rather in the chinese hand you sitting with face toward east and discussing HAMARI BAARI KAAB AYEGI--- You don't need to do any R&D because chinese will do for you, so you don't know what are the problems and what are the limitation.

AESA -- chinese J-10 -- does chinese Aesa for J-10 could be easily miniturized for the thunder
FBW -- chinese ki marzi dalle ke nahi dalle
Composite -- Same Chinese ki marzi ya paise do aur to composite dalta hu
Chinese Engine -- Is it ready

Isn't versus type of threads banned here?

Anyways, comparison between a plane that hasn't even met its own FOC to a plane that has been servicing for years is just retarded.

why don't you mention which features in LCA are absolute today.

How about the lack of stealth, lack of AESA, lack of payload, lack of range and many such things just to name a few? The PROFESSIONALS in IAF are not a bunch of retards to reject the aircraft.

W-H-A-T is so good about a 3rd gen fighter like Tejas? How does it stack up against F-16s and Su-30s? Don't bother answering because it will use up too much of your brain and you will forget to breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom