What's new

Comparison between LCA Tejas and JF-17 Thunder in an A-to-A Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then with "certain tactics" so can F7PG, MIRAGE and Thunder against SU 30? Right sir? :lol:
Yes it can but PAF need a potent Air Superiority platform to support from the back, just like Su 30 did. By the way it was Mig 21Bison not Mig 21. Check bellow

"
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is now adding stealth modifications to an existing $340m programme to upgrade 125 of its MiG-21bis fighters to MiG-21-93 standard. Sources for Jane's Defence Weekly have revealed these secret events in a report published in today's edition of the magazine.

Extensive tests to demonstrate Russia's ability to upgrade Indian fighter aircraft with stealth capabilities took place in front of Indian defence ministry officials at the Sokol aircraft plant in Nizhniy Novgorod on 29th May 2000. The demonstration was highly successful and is understood to have resulted in the Russian government and RSK MIG urging the IAF to adopt the stealth modifications across its MiG-21-93 fleet.

The core of the demonstration saw two MiG-21bis--one upgraded with stealth technology and one without--being tracked by what is believed to be a Mig-31 in a controlled test of radar-absorbent materials (RAM) and coatings developed at the Moscow Institute of Applied and Theoretical Electrodynamics.

During its flight the radar signature of the upgraded Mig-21bis was shown to be between 10 and 15 times weaker than the regular MiG-21bis.
"

JF-17 uses that version of german R&S software defined radios which has the capability to interoperate with link-16 so with F-16 and Erieye. F-16,Mirages and JF-17 can talk with each other in encrypted voice because later two has R&S SDR.

And Frequency hopping is main feature of SDR these days. So good bye jamming. We can define 30-35 frequency channels all encrypted in SDR. How many channels you can Jam at one time ?

So your premise that JF-17 has serious deficiency in Net centric capability falls just flat. Because you failed to research what communication gear JF-17 is using.

Your post can be termed at best rehtoric and at worse containing lot of bullocks.
Sir, I want to ask for my reference that he Erieeye on SAAB 2000 have the AWAAC which does not provide 360 degree coverage like Falcon Awaac. Then the Awaac have to fly in parallel to the borber. What if the approach is made from the front or backside of the Awaac to distroy it. Also it has Prop engine not turbo jet. Could you explain does why this weakness could not be harness with fast, fighter plane with long range BVR shot against the slow moving prop platform.

The bottom line is, we are comparing a fighter jet which is the best PAF can afford and will be the backbone of their air force, with a fighter jet which will be used byvl IAF mostly to fill in the numbers.

Tells a lot about the capabilities of IAF and PAF.

if i were some high authority in india.

i would have hanged anyone involved in the lca project and life imprisonment for those having positive feeling for lca and 5 lac punishment fine and 3 years of jail for those even talking about lca in public or internet.

LCA is the most useless project ever taken in the history of mankind

So The eurofighter, Rafael, F-16, F-22 raptor, F-35 who cant even fire gun were inducted early and were/would be upgraded incrementally exactly like JF-17. So would you downvote them as well ?

According to the fanboys here LCA is in the same league as these 4.5/5 gen fighters you mentioned.

LCA was conceived as a Mig-21 replacement. Due to inexplicable delays the fighter took over 30 years to come to fruition and as the IAF discovered the world has moved on from Mig-21 generation aircraft to more modern and more potent fighters. As a Mig-21 replacement the LCA is a good platform, as a modern fighter who has to tackle PAF F-16s and PLAAF Flankers the LCA is nowhere in comparison. The big boys of IAF will have to do the job. Thus the IAF is reluctant to induct Tejas.

It does not matter if Tejas flies for 300 hours or 30,000 hours. It is an obsolete design and has limitations in combat radius, flight ceiling, weapons payload, range and varied other stuff. The LCA falls short of the IAF present and future needs which the blind bhakts in their fanboyism fail to see.

What is the rate of climb of jf17 & lca respectively.
D not know about IA tejas but much heavier LCA navy displayed a climb ration in excess og 10.5 ehich is exceptional in its first trial from INS hansa. It displayed a AOA of about 22* in its first flight from INS hansa and it is exceptional.

i guess she was a OES female spy who was born in USA but migrated to europe and was instrumental in getting the italian navies codes cant remmeber her name though

No she was an Austrian Movie Star that emigrated to the U.S.
Was the Marilyn Monroe of her time.
But she also has the patent on frequency hopping radio.
Name is Hedy Lamarr.

i would have hanged anyone involved in the lca project and life imprisonment for those having positive feeling for lca and 5 lac punishment fine and 3 years of jail for those even talking about lca in public or internet.

See this is why I support the TNT

We can NEVER AGREE on anything

Many many Thanks to SHRI M A Jinnah JI THAT people like you are NOT in India

First try to pass a law directing the Chinese to induct their home made JF-17 in their air force.

According to the fanboys here LCA is in the same league as these 4.5/5 gen fighters you mentioned.

LCA was conceived as a Mig-21 replacement. Due to inexplicable delays the fighter took over 30 years to come to fruition and as the IAF discovered the world has moved on from Mig-21 generation aircraft to more modern and more potent fighters. As a Mig-21 replacement the LCA is a good platform, as a modern fighter who has to tackle PAF F-16s and PLAAF Flankers the LCA is nowhere in comparison. The big boys of IAF will have to do the job. Thus the IAF is reluctant to induct Tejas.

It does not matter if Tejas flies for 300 hours or 30,000 hours. It is an obsolete design and has limitations in combat radius, flight ceiling, weapons payload, range and varied other stuff. The LCA falls short of the IAF present and future needs which the blind bhakts in their fanboyism fail to see.

Dude seriously, I have become a great fan of yours. Being an Indian you don't shy away from pointing that India is a complete failure, hats of to you.

Btw. From which part of India do you come from?

Dude seriously, I have become a great fan of yours. Being an Indian you don't shy away from pointing that India is a complete failure, hats of to you.

So according to you being an Indian I must close my eyes and my brain and pretend India is a paradise when it has many sectors needing urgent improvement?

Btw. From which part of India do you come from?

Where I am from is none of your business.

So according to you being an Indian I must close my eyes and my brain and pretend India is a paradise when it has many sectors needing urgent improvement?

Where I am from is none of your business.

This reply was anticipated.:enjoy:

Care to elaborate on the absolute features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom