What's new

comparing JF 17 Vs. Tejas(LCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asq

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Here is a video to watch about two jets from two countries Pakistan and India. comments will that JF17 is better and advances and is already operating.

[video=metacafe;2948458/jf_17_vs_tejas_lca/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2948458/jf_17_vs_tejas_lca/[/video]

Last edited:
Actually the last graph pinches the rational portion of my brain. May be LCA is behind few steps but it would not remain on one level for several years as suggested by the production graph. India is late, their airplane is expensive than originally perceived and perhapses it is falling short of few requirements but they wont be able to produce it and that for 10-15 years straight.. is asking a little too much to be imaginative.

As per LCA will not come into production in next decade, I beg to differ. I feel it is not good to compare a projects performace based on decade old data. How LCA made progress in past has little significance but for statatics, what matters is it current state. The current progress is good and indicates we will succeed. About comparision, I leave it to experts.

As per LCA will not come into production in next decade, I beg to differ. I feel it is not good to compare a projects performace based on decade old data. How LCA made progress in past has little significance but for statatics, what matters is it current state. The current progress is good and indicates we will succeed. About comparision, I leave it to experts.

Sir gee What progress kindly explain can't wait .

Comparing both planes is totally ridiculous I don't know how many times I have said that.

Last edited:
From the footage i have seen on both aircraft, JF-17 showed it can turn on a penny, where as the LCA seemed more inclined to making high speed passes as was common with second generation fighters.

Well before comparisons start one will have to make certain assumptions about the LCA as it hasnt acheived a FOC as yet.

However anyone trying to compare the two will first need to address the basic question of a delta vs traditional design.

If one starts with the advantages of a delta then they are:
1) Ease of production ( inexpensive )
2) Wondeful performance at higher altitutes
3) Higher climb rate

If one were to count the advantages of a traditional design then they are:
1) Good turn-rate
2) Lower speed for take-off & landings

There are many others but I am just putting down a few.Now as I see it a pure delta is out of favour for now, the main reason being that the traditional design could be slightly altered to incorporate some of the features of a delta, however as everyone of us will agree that though the changes have been fruitful , they are not to the propotions where a traditional jet can out do a delta in the sphere of the influence where delta excels read as higher altitude.

So till now if i compare JF-17 & LCA purely on the basis of airframe then I would say JF-17 will outperform LCA in a pure turning dogfight ( provided it could first see the LCA and that BVR wasn't used) .However the same LCA will outperform the JF-17 if the engagement took place at higher altitudes.

Now the second most important part besides the airframe is a jet's avionics. I dont know much about the avionics of JF-17 but know for a fact that Israeli avionics are much better than Chinese one ( atleast by reputation) and the LCA has them. So for the better BVR capability I will go with LCA.

The third & the most important part is the Pilot. On the day the best pilot will win irrespective of the machine.However if one were to take this as a premise then the whole procedure of comparing the two airplanes will be null & void.

how about just ask your airforce to formally put LCA in service first?

Well before comparisons start one will have to make certain assumptions about the LCA as it hasnt acheived a FOC as yet.

However anyone trying to compare the two will first need to address the basic question of a delta vs traditional design.

Buddy Lower speed for take-off & landings Delta takes off with a lot of power and it lands at a high speed because of Drag so before you touch down you actually increase power.

LCA 20 + 20 on order with Mk1 spec. expected delivary starting by 2011.

Mk2 Iaf is already going to get 150 engine. so around 100 a/c . Also by 2020 :) we might have a good kaveri ( France has promised to make kaveri ready by 4 years).

so.Iaf has bought the aircraft.. furthur Navy has confirmed order for 6. it could go upto 40 once it proves its capablity.

so a big period on accpetance.

The price of Mirage upgrade is being negotiated at 40Million per plane. by the amount you can buy 2 JF17. THis clearly shows Indian airforce does not want numbersss...

It know what it wants and it has full confidence in Tejas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sure most of the people in the forum have no idea of what wepon test that JF17 has completed, what envolope it has achieved , what aveonics have been integrated.. what is the IOC and FOC critiera......

because they say every thing is done in secracy..

but they believe it is already inductued and ready for combat today.

PAF is using the aircraft for testing but why IAF is not using it? you may ask me... simple answer is iaf need not do that
we have a dedicated org to do flight testing unlike Pakistan thats why you guys misunderstand that JF17 is inducted and LCA is not touched by IAF..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparing Jf17 with LCA is like compating a hypothical war machine with a theoritical war machine...

i.e.

JF17 is still a hypotatically machine- No proof exists of its strenght or weakness

LCA has lot of proof for its weekness as well as its strength ..

the two birds are more or less same. one excel in one area and another in another.

the point is if Chinese airforce has jf17, they will make it one of the best aircraft.. but pakistan cant coz.... $$$$$

Inida is ready to spend any thing to get tejas as better fighter than what ever pak has.

Another JF-17 Vs LCA thread. How many are you guys gonna open and discuss about ??

Buddy Lower speed for take-off & landings Delta takes off with a lot of power and it lands at a high speed because of Drag so before you touch down you actually increase power.

Wasnt able to understand your point sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom