What's new

Comparative strengths of Bangladesh and Myanmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
means while BD can fly just paper plane. :P

sad. they cant even assemble 122mm howitzer and planing to buy 100+ from China. while they are proud of their heavy defence budget , their general bagged multi million $$ from each deal. :P that's why they never try to get ToT. BD-made heaviest infantry weapon is just BD-14 HMG. lol

Whatever floats your boat bud...

lot-400022.jpg

in the internet, It is about Interest, everything is there; pic your things based on your interest :D
like you do about models :whistle::p: @Bilal9 vai

Shundorira amar browser-e easy choila aashey...ki ar kora. :-)

There is a valid point however. Bangladeshi armed forces are seriously outgunned.

There has to be a geopolitically sensitive and forward looking rationale to picking who we buy weapons from at this point.

I hope we move away from China and Russian sourced systems to more western based ones despite the higher upfront cost.

Firstly, there probably will be a higher level of tactical capability with western systems.

More importantly, a strong political message will be achieved as well.

I dont think anybody is loosing sleep over it. Besides the situation will reverse completely once modern mrcas arrive.
Target practice for when MRCA contract is fulfilled.
Saves BD spending money on drone targets.

When..... Will........... Once........

Bangladeshi defence (and everything else) is perpetually on future tense mode..!!

There is a valid point however. Bangladeshi armed forces are seriously outgunned.

There has to be a geopolitically sensitive and forward looking rationale to picking who we buy weapons from at this point.

I hope we move away from China and Russian sourced systems to more western based ones despite the higher upfront cost.

Firstly, there probably will be a higher level of tactical capability with western systems.

More importantly, a strong political message will be achieved as well.

I am inclined to go with the Gripen, as even though it needs US clearance for engines, I dont think the US will stop Sweden from selling it to BD. Also as France has little participation in the programme then I cannot forsee any Indian pressure to block supplies to BD.

Gripen E will be able to shoot down any MAF aircraft with ease. Brazil ordered 36 Gripens for 5.4 billion dollars and BD will be able to afford 12-18 of these fighters. Gripen itself is not that much more expensive than Russian planes but will save massively in terms of operational costs and maintenance.

Russians are messing around with BD over SU-30SME , so time to give them the boot and their offer of Mig-35 is useful against Myanmar but useless against India.

I am inclined to go with the Gripen, as even though it needs US clearance for engines, I dont think the US will stop Sweden from selling it to BD. Also as France has little participation in the programme then I cannot forsee any Indian pressure to block supplies to BD.

Gripen E will be able to shoot down any MAF aircraft with ease. Brazil ordered 36 Gripens for 5.4 billion dollars and BD will be able to afford 12-18 of these fighters. Gripen itself is not that much more expensive than Russian planes but will save massively in terms of operational costs and maintenance.

Russians are messing around with BD over SU-30SME , so time to give them the boot and their offer of Mig-35 is useful against Myanmar but useless against India.
Yep, Gripen E combined with Global Eye AWACS. We can afford them and they are most efficient systems in the market...

BTW, Brazil paid huge amount for 36 Gripens because they got some TOT from SAAB.

I think, we can go for 36 Gripens and 4 Global Eye AWACS with slow delivery rate!

Anyway, lets see what happens...

I think Gripen is a reasonable option. The real key is the release of AMRAAMs from the US.

Nothing is free in life of course, and I am sure that for the US to acquiesce to such a request, there will be a heavy price for Bangladesh. i.e. some sort of China containment measure that involves Bangladesh.

I am sure Tillerson's designation isn't humanitarian in nature.

I think Gripen is a reasonable option. The real key is the release of AMRAAMs from the US.

Nothing is free in life of course, and I am sure that for the US to acquiesce to such a request, there will be a heavy price for Bangladesh. i.e. some sort of China containment measure that involves Bangladesh.

I am sure Tillerson's designation isn't humanitarian in nature.

BD simply must never get involved in any kind of containment of China. Apart from the Rohingya issue, it has been a good friend of BD. It has opened it's domestic market to BD goods and that has grown at 30% a year since 2010 to touch 1 billion US dollars now. It also is supplying tech to build up BD defence industry and has agreed to many billions of dollars of low-interest loans to build infrastructure - over 20 billion US dollars is likely in total.

Amraam is no longer required as the European ramjet-powered Meteor is now available for Gripen. If the US wants BD to be part of Chinese containment strategy to approve engine supply, then BD will have to forgo the Gripen and look elsewhere.

PS - BD has never worked against Chinese interests in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom