What's new

Featured Commander Iraqi Air Force, along with his delegation visited Air Headquarters & JSHQ

I think some wires have been crossed here. I've just read through our discussion, you replied to my post, and for some reason Egyptian F16s were on my mind, cant think why, maybe I logged in here after having read on a similar topic and that was the nature of the query in my mind for bilal, and when you replied, I just carried on with that thought.

If you read back, I never claimed anything about about Iraq, because my initial post for bilal was with a certain query in my head, he hadn't replied and you did, so that thought carried on into our discussion, read back and you'll understand.

Rather then accusing and telling me where I can go, sometimes it is better to just ask for clarification, because misunderstandings can happen, and if I behave rudely to your query, then you can tell me where to go. Not before.

No panic involved, and no personal attack, it was simply a response to your harsh comments, which I am happy to withdraw, with an apology towards my part of this misunderstanding.

Other then this misunderstanding, I rather liked our discussion.

Thanks for explanation and clearing up, please also accept my heartfelt apologies.
Sorry to bust some bubbles here but US will not only not approve sales of Euro F-16s, most of those countries might not sell them to us either. PAF tried this approach before and it didnt work, hence we had to buy old block 15s from Jordan as a compromise vs the MLU aircraft that were available for sale in Europe at the time.
Same goes for Iraqi F-16s. There is almost no risk of Iran getting their hands on them and if Americans even suspected that, they would fly, have them flown or simply destroyed on the ground before that happens. Besides, Iraqis will never want Iran to have access to their US military equipment as it will basically bring down the wrath of a superpower, and they know what they results of that will be first hand.

I think we maybe underestimating the very great influence Iran now has in Iraq.

Back
Top Bottom