What's new

Come May 16, Bangladeshi immigrants must pack up: Narendra Modi

noksss

Reaction score
Country
India
Narendra Modi has said that "Bangladeshis" will be deported if he comes to power, in his sharpest comments yet on illegal immigrants. They have been given the red carpet welcome by politicians just for votes, he said at a rally on Sunday.

"You can write it down. After May 16, these Bangladeshis better be prepared with their bags packed," Modi said in Serampore in West Bengal, which shares a porous border with Bangladesh.

Targeting the state's Trinamool Congress government, Mr Modi said, "You are spreading the red carpet for vote bank politics. If people come from Bihar, they are outsiders to you. It people come from Odisha, they are outsiders to you. But if some Bangladeshi comes, your face seems to shine. This country cannot run like this. We won't allow you to destroy the country for the sake of your vote bank politics."

In February, Mr Modi's comments appearing to draw a distinction between Hindu and Muslim migrants had triggered a row.

"We have a responsibility toward Hindus who are harassed and suffer in other countries. Where will they go? India is the only place for them. Our government cannot continue to harass them. We will have to accommodate them here," he said. His party's manifesto also controversially mentions that India is a natural home for persecuted Hindus.

Some reports suggest that there are about 20 million Bangladeshi immigrants in India at present, but there are no reliable figures. Many of them have reportedly been able to snag voting IDs, ration cards and other documents for legitimacy, allegedly in return for votes. The BJP calls them a drain on the nation's income and resources.

Deporting illegal Bangladeshi immigrants has always been a part of the BJP's agenda, but Mr Modi's sharp comments indicate it could move beyond rhetoric if the party comes to power after the national election.

Recently, BJP president Rajnath Singh said if the BJP came to power, it would investigate "how so many people of a particular community could enter the country illegally and settle down."

link:Come May 16, Bangladeshi immigrants must pack up: Narendra Modi | NDTV.com

Throw Bangladeshis from Mumbai.
Throw Bangladeshis from Delhi
Throw Bangladeshis from Assam
No more Al Quaeda Supporters Here...

Narendra Modi has said that "Bangladeshis" will be deported if he comes to power, in his sharpest comments yet on illegal immigrants. They have been given the red carpet welcome by politicians just for votes, he said at a rally on Sunday.

"You can write it down. After May 16, these Bangladeshis better be prepared with their bags packed," Modi said in Serampore in West Bengal, which shares a porous border with Bangladesh.

Targeting the state's Trinamool Congress government, Mr Modi said, "You are spreading the red carpet for vote bank politics. If people come from Bihar, they are outsiders to you. It people come from Odisha, they are outsiders to you. But if some Bangladeshi comes, your face seems to shine. This country cannot run like this. We won't allow you to destroy the country for the sake of your vote bank politics."

In February, Mr Modi's comments appearing to draw a distinction between Hindu and Muslim migrants had triggered a row.

"We have a responsibility toward Hindus who are harassed and suffer in other countries. Where will they go? India is the only place for them. Our government cannot continue to harass them. We will have to accommodate them here," he said. His party's manifesto also controversially mentions that India is a natural home for persecuted Hindus.

Some reports suggest that there are about 20 million Bangladeshi immigrants in India at present, but there are no reliable figures. Many of them have reportedly been able to snag voting IDs, ration cards and other documents for legitimacy, allegedly in return for votes. The BJP calls them a drain on the nation's income and resources.

Deporting illegal Bangladeshi immigrants has always been a part of the BJP's agenda, but Mr Modi's sharp comments indicate it could move beyond rhetoric if the party comes to power after the national election.

Recently, BJP president Rajnath Singh said if the BJP came to power, it would investigate "how so many people of a particular community could enter the country illegally and settle down."

link:Come May 16, Bangladeshi immigrants must pack up: Narendra Modi | NDTV.com
@DRAY - This is a part of the plan I told I would share with you post elections. :D

I think the illegal problem has reached astronomical proportions, hence the priority. Any illegal BDeshi who is not a refugee will have to go back. Period.

We should only be fine with political or religious refugees not every illegal - as per International Law.

@scorpionx @Roybot @levina @ExtraOdinary @Ravi Nair

Pack them and honorably send them to their country.

@DRAY - This is a part of the plan I told I would share with you post elections. :D

I think the illegal problem has reached astronomical proportions, hence the priority. Any illegal BDeshi who is not a refugee will have to go back. Period.

We should only be fine with political or religious refugees not every illegal - as per International Law.
@scorpionx @Roybot @levina @ExtraOdinary @Ravi Nair

Are you sure he'll send all the refugees back??
From what I've gleaned he said ""As soon as we come to power... detention camps housing Hindu migrants from Bangladesh will be done away with..the Hindus have been displaced from their land because of harassment. India is the land for Hindus across the globe and they are welcome to stay here. ... We have a responsibility toward Hindus who are harassed and suffer in other countries. Where will they go? India is the only place for them. Our government cannot continue to harass them. We will have to accommodate them here.”
As such, he has called for the expulsion of Bangladeshi Muslims, smugglers and criminals, and, in sharp contrast, for the embrace of Bangladeshi Hindus.

This is sheer hypocrisy
India’s 2014 Elections: Narendra Modi Says Some Illegal Immigrants From Bangladesh Are Better Than Others
Narendra modi is doing exactly what he accused Mamta Banerjee of, the vote bank politics.
Yes I do agree that hindus have nowhere else to go and ergo should be accommodated in India.
But then should we discriminate on the basis of religion??

He is the only politician in india who is talking what the majority of indians want .

From what I've gleaned he said ""As soon as we come to power... detention camps housing Hindu migrants from Bangladesh will be done away with..the Hindus have been displaced from their land because of harassment. India is the land for Hindus across the globe and they are welcome to stay here. ... We have a responsibility toward Hindus who are harassed and suffer in other countries. Where will they go? India is the only place for them. Our government cannot continue to harass them. We will have to accommodate them here.”
As such, he has called for the expulsion of Bangladeshi Muslims, smugglers and criminals, and, in sharp contrast, for the embrace of Bangladeshi Hindus.

This is sheer hypocrisy
India’s 2014 Elections: Narendra Modi Says Some Illegal Immigrants From Bangladesh Are Better Than Others
Narendra modi is doing exactly what he accused Mamta Banerjee of, the vote bank politics.
Yes I do agree that hindus have nowhere else to go and ergo should be accommodated in India.

Even if its vote bank politics i would support Namo bcoz 99.99% illegal Bangladeshis are muslims who have already created riots in Assam and these guys are used as Foot solilders in Varansi blast and i dont have to tell you about the robbery they are indulging in delhi. can you name one bangladeshi hindu who is involved in such activity hence for the sake of national security i would suport this version of vote bank politics by Namo . Also i am not an blind supporter of Namo nor i am an anti muslim bcoz i am an atheist .

Last edited:

This is sheer hypocrisy

I dont think it hypocrisy. I think he needs to make tough decisions that some wont like. Bangladeshis have illegally set themselves permanently in the Northeast. You know why? Congress continually turned a blind eye for 30 plus yrs. As for Mamta, look into Tehelka expose. Look at how Congress resolves black money in Swiss banks? They won't! They won't even publicize all the names involved? They had more than enough time btw! When the report is released, it will be full of holes! Congress has a command center like no other for elections that can monitor numerous sites, what ppl are saying, etc. Then they counter it by releasing statements into the media. Who says media is independent in India. Thegovt can step in any time and nobody will know because there are secrecy laws in place to prevent it.

Check this out:

On 4 August 2006, Banerjee hurled her resignation papers at the deputy speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal in Lok Sabha. The provocation was the speaker (Somnath Chatterjee)'s rejection of her adjournment motion on illegal infiltration byBangladeshis in West Bengal. The motion was turned down by the speaker on the ground that it was not in the proper format.[34][35]

In her statement on 17 October 2012, Banerjee attributed the increasing incidence of rape in the country to "more free interaction between men and women". She said,“Earlier if men and women would hold hands, they would get caught by parents and reprimanded but now everything is so open. It’s like an open market with open options.” She was criticised in the national media for these statements

When Mamata was elected to the 10th Lok Sabha in 1991, she mentioned in her biography to have obtained a PhD degree from East Georgia University, USA. It was later alleged that such a university didn't exist. To avoid the political controversy, Mamata stopped mentioning this degree subsequently. She was honored with DLitt from Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology

I can post many more, and she is not the only one. Out of all the corrupt POS politicans we have, I think Modi is by far the best. Look at how all these corrupt politicans push their kids into office! Is that democracy! Is that what we want in India?

Just look at the media, Look at how Congress rakes up divide and conquer tactics using caste, class and religion? Where is the regulation on such media falsehoods? WHo is being communal? Its obviously congress. Mamta is one big joke.....she herself is trying to be a dictator. You cannot ask her any question that she does not like? She has asked the police to take photos of those who ask questions she does not like. And guess what? Congress goes around making alliances with such shit administrations simply to stay in power! No democracy should be ruled by a dynasty, if so, then the ppl have no idea what democracy should be like. YOu are better off under a king, because that is exactly how you are living in a sham democracy

He is the only politician in india who is talking what the majority of indians want .

Even if its vote bank politics i would support Namo bcoz 99.99% illegal Bangladeshis are muslims who have already created riots in Assam and these guys are used as Foot solilders in Varansi blast and i dont have to tell you about the robbery they are indulging in delhi. can you name one bangladeshi hindu who is involved in such activity hence for the sake of national security i would suport this version of vote bank politics by Namo . Also i am not an blind supporter of Namo nor i am an anti muslim bcoz i am an atheist .

Same here I am a Christian but I will support MODI. Not BJP or any other shitty party but MODI. I believe in him.

Last edited:

Vote bank politics is expected during the time of election, but at least he is showing some concern about stopping this menace.

But your statements in blue and red are contradicting each other, are you suggesting that Hindus should be accommodated in India, and since we shouldn't discriminate on the basis of religion; we should also accommodate all other Bangladeshis in India?

What a dilemma!! :D

Last edited:
Levina you need to go to Bangladesh and understand the mindset of the ppl there, who we helped become independent when they were being slaughtered like cattle. Look at the treatment of Hindus there and elsewhere. Look at how much the Hindu population decreased. Look at how they kidnap young girls, rape them and then marry them. There is no choice for them. There is no justice. Its because of Congress we never followed up in building up this friendship and lost out to Pakistan who stepped right in after the loss, to make sure it changes the perceptions and feelings of Bangladesh towards India. India's govt needs to have a common agenda that never changes whoever takes office. Security above all else, put aside caste, class and creed. If we don;t, we will not succeed.

Last edited:

This is sheer hypocrisy

You tell me? The bangladeshi muslims demanded, infact killed and rioted for a separate country because they could'nt live with us. Why should their hindus/buddhists etc be punished for that? Too much political correctness will doom us, just as it doomed Ned Stark :undecided:

By the way I believe Modijee is just playing to the gallery on this issue (I hope I am wrong :D)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom