What's new

Coca-Cola to invest $50million in Bangladesh

ok friends from bangladesh hold on to ur ***** really democracy is coming to u known as corporate democracy

People of bangaalah e mashriq, don't let Coca Cola in. They'll destroy the ecosystem and cause famines.

Let us drink good quality Coca Cola in summer with heart's content. Then, we will check over the consequences of drinking all those soda and sugar.

CocaCola_Logo_Backwards_Isl.gif

Pepsi ftw!

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

People of bangaalah e mashriq, don't let Coca Cola in. They'll destroy the ecosystem and cause famines.

I heard Coca-Cola are Zionists :confused:

Coca cola Being Haram / Halal depends on the types of emulsifying agents/ different flavouring agents used. If the agents are sourced from animal fat such as pig then it will be haram. I heard that
Coca-cola & pepsi assured Countries like PAK & malaysia about its halal contents but sadly we don't have any halal certification authority(at least as far as I know)

$50M for Coca-cola is chump change. I am sure they have made 5 times that from Bangladesh market already. And you dont have to guess where the profits from Coke sales go.

Still it sends a message to investor community that Bangladesh is open for business

$50M for Coca-cola is chump change. I am sure they have made 5 times that from Bangladesh market already. And you dont have to guess where the profits from Coke sales go.

Still it sends a message to investor community that Bangladesh is open for business

A company needs income and profits to pay salary and bonus to its employee, dividend to its shareholders, to buy amenities for its high officials, to pay for office expenses and so many others. After this it has also to pay a big sum of money to the govt as taxes. So, the net profit may not be as high as people think.

A company needs income and profits to pay salary and bonus to its employee, dividend to its shareholders, to buy amenities for its high officials, to pay for office expenses and so many others. After this it has also to pay a big sum of money to the govt as taxes. So, the net profit may not be as high as people think.

I like to buy this utopian version, brother, but that's simply not the case. Coca-cola reported a 45% increase in their revenues from last year. That is enormous.

As for the tax, Coca-Cola, and other multinationals, are known to avoid taxes in US and the only reason they invests in overseas operation is because of cheap labor, lax environment regulations, subsidies and tax breaks. Many economists have characterized this as a "race to the bottom". And it brings a new set of problems that have been experienced around the world i.e. over usage of water, water-pollution, assassinations of union leaders or targeted-killing of family members.

So the tax contribution of multinationals to a local economy is negligible as most governments will provide assistance in one way or another to offset their costs. However, the development contribution in terms of job creation to the individual and the whole economy is very significant but the flip side of that argument is lax labor standards which result in exploitation. The capital flow from the local economy only benefits multinationals and their tax-heavens i.e. Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland etc.

Again, the most important bit in this development is it sends a signal to investor community that Bangladesh is open for business which is a great news.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom