What's new

CM Fadnavis opposed offer of Rs .5 cr. contribution from film makers to Army Welfare Fund

You said, "WE in Mumbai, love the MNS and Shiv Sena". I am a Bombay boy, heart and soul, and I disagree with your statement because I do not like the MNS. Do you see the folly in your logic?

Mate you can keep supporting whichever Party you like

I voted for BJP in the State assembly elections -- and National elections

But I know the UTILITY of Shiv Sena and MNS

Sometimes it is NOT possible to get things done without the use of strong arm tactics

That is where they ie MNS and Shiv sena come in

I dont understand how can you be from Mumbai???? If it be the reality you would have known the suffering and bloodbath
of Mumbai, and the culprit behind it.

So... not supporting the MNS is tantamount to not understanding the suffering my city and its people have gone through at the hands of the terrorist-supporting pakistan? Get a grip.

You cannot close your eyes for involvement and influence of D-company on bollywood.

Maybe, but I am not debating the D company and bollywood's involvement etc. The point is the MNS and its ridiculous business of open extortion.

Mate you can keep supporting whichever Party you like

I voted for BJP in the State assembly elections -- and National elections

But I know the UTILITY of Shiv Sena and MNS

Sometimes it is NOT possible to get things done without the use of strong arm tactics

That is where they ie MNS and Shiv sena come in

I'm all for the banning of pakistanis in the industry from now on, but I'm against the MNS' ridiculous 5cr order; idiots! The army pissed all over them, but you still came up with an illogical response to a factual statement by yours truly. :)

I'm all for the banning of pakistanis in the industry from now on, but I'm against the MNS' ridiculous 5cr order; idiots! The army pissed all over them, but you still came up with an illogical response to a factual statement by yours truly. :)

If the Army doesnt want this money officially ; it can be given directly to the soldiers families

Army does nt want to be associated with any party and they are right in their stance

This 5 crore fine is a Punishment and will act as an deterrent

Let me be blunt
There is a Lobby in Bollywood Promoting Pakistani talent

This lobby has to be controlled

My 2 cents

* MNS have very strong base in mumbai and huge followers mostly from middle class segment like it or not for lots of different reasons which i will not discuss here.
* MNS have no right to extort money from foreign artist as compensation. its not correct and its against the law. tell me how many of our own indian actor/actress have donated to indian army fund? 99% of our own artist dont donate at all except for one or two.. hardly..
* MNS are just taking advantage for political ground but backfired when indian army distance itself.
* I am all in for complete ban on pakistani artist. but to ban a release a movie is wrong as it involves lots of our own people from makeup artist to spotboy to stunt man.. actors are paid full amount before hand so you can see how Fawad left india overnight without making any noise.
* Let it release the movie, people of India will decide its faith.. and social media have played a huge role on f*ckng up KJ as he was forced to release video begging and crying as he can see now where is this heading.
* and lastly increase the tax payable from pakistani artist 100x times so that they cant bear it all or complete ban.

cheers*

My 2 cents

* MNS have very strong base in mumbai and huge followers mostly from middle class segment like it or not for lots of different reasons which i will not discuss here.

Lower and middle classes ONLY, and I think we all know why.

Last edited:
LOL! These guys are a curse to a city like Bombay.

All those who siphoned off public money and never paid taxes were at the forefront of a public rally against Pakistan in my hometown.So in India, every thug and low-life shout's the loudest about patriotism.

Cm was part of a meeting where it was forced upon producers to shell out money for releasing there movies, now facing the heat he is backing off because Army has refused to accept such forced donations which are nothing but a form of extortion money. donation to any relief fund is always voluntary and army has refused to be part of this goonda gardi by MNS

Absolute Rubbish. Army welfare fund cannot "refuse" to accept 'donation', Forced or otherwise. They have no legal right to get involved in politics by disguising their stand as 'non political'.

Any and all 'donation' will be accepted, even if it is with protest. But accept they will.

well no one is objecting karan johar from donating money but forcing them to donate money as pre condition of deal and State CM is part of this illegal deal. for such a sacred army fund the donations must be voluntary and that's what army says

If it is part of a negotiated settlement then there is no "force". The Negotiated settlement is voluntary and by choice.

The state CM did a wonderful job in negotiating this peaceful solution that makes everyone happy and is within the parameters of the LAW.

Please stop with this nonsense. If hiring Pakistani artists had been banned right from the start, it wouldn't have come to this. RT and the MNS are riding the current wave of nationalism for a few petty votes that can only be gained from a bunch of petty people with nothing substantial to offer.

So what ?

Perfectly acceptable for a political party to ride any kind of social wave to get votes. This is what EVERY political party IN THE WORLD does. Give voice to their supporters demand and work towards making it happen.

Only a petty person would find the voice of a legitimate political party "intolerant". So my advice is to let that spiteful hate take a rest and take a deep breath.

Thats not my point sir. No self respecting Indian would ever discredit or disrespect the work armed forces do for us.
But at the same time i don't approve any political party play politics over sacrifices of armed forces.
A cursory look and it is quite evident that MNS is playing politics over the whole issue in a bid to revive its sagging political fortunes.
If i recall correctly, they had tried to do same after 26/11 attacks in Mumbai by trying to collect money for bullet proof jackets for city police only to be ridiculed (@Bombaywalla do i remember right?).
This is a circus being played in name of army and while i don't watch many movies these days, i really don't understand, what purpose does all this tamaasha serve?
Wouldn't it be just nice to quietly donate some money on December 7 and thank armed forces for being our saviors time and again? i've been doing it for last 15 years, since i started earning on my own and don't think its hard for anyone else to do the same.

Your "approval" is not required by any political party in India.

You don't like them ? don't vote for them. Nobody is seeking your "certificate".

MNS is not only correct in playing politics over this issue, but they have full right to do so as ensured by the constitution of India. More over you have already answered your own question "what purpose does all this tamaasha serve", it serves its political purpose of giving voice and action for its supporters who are demanding punitive action.

It would be equally nice if the world was made of Sugar and spice, and all things nice. If guns were roses and people were puppies and retards grow a brain.

Unfortunately these have not been happening every since the "last 15 years" of your self proclaimed charity and philanthropy. But its good to see you issue yourself a "certificate". Its very convincing. :tup:

LOL! These guys are a curse to a city like Bombay.

All those who siphoned off public money and never paid taxes were at the forefront of a public rally against Pakistan in my hometown.So in India, every thug and low-life shout's the loudest about patriotism.

Usually they are a curse, but this time they did good. I applaud them as a citizen of Mumbai.

Threat ka Saransh Raj thackrey bhari chutiya hai .

Saale me itna nationalism bhara hai toh army kyu nae join kar lete . Plus he is dragging the stature of army down with his pathetic stunts . Ab poori family hi saadi hui hai toh what can be expected of him .

If the Army doesnt want this money officially ; it can be given directly to the soldiers families

Army does nt want to be associated with any party and they are right in their stance

This 5 crore fine is a Punishment and will act as an deterrent

Let me be blunt
There is a Lobby in Bollywood Promoting Pakistani talent

This lobby has to be controlled

They army by commenting on this issue HAS got actively INVOLVED IN POLITICS. They have chosen to shame MNS, a bonafide and certified political party in India and in doing so has strengthened its political opponents, namely SS, BJP, NCP and Congress.

The Army ideally should have kept its mouth shut. They have no business commenting on internal law and order and politics of the states.

If the money was 'extortion', the law will catch up with it. If its a result o a negotiate settlement then its not extortion but a voluntary choice in their best business interest and the Army should just shut up and accept this donation.

Threat ka Saransh Raj thackrey bhari chutiya hai .

Saale me itna nationalism bhara hai toh army kyu nae join kar lete . Plus he is dragging the stature of army down with his pathetic stunts . Ab poori family hi saadi hui hai toh what can be expected of him .

Do you mean to claim that political leaders have any less Nationalism than army men ?

Is this the new "secular" definition of Nationalism ?

Do you mean to claim that political leaders have any less Nationalism than army men ?

Is this the new "secular" definition of Nationalism ?

I mean to claim that RT is maha chutiya . Even army doesn't want to do anything with him . India and army ke naam pe logo ko chutiya banane chala tha khud ban gaya . Well done Army .

Fadanvis has been soft on these Mns moron from day to outclass the Shiv sena in local politics...
He has just proven his worth by playing into the hands of these goons of mns..
I have never seen him standing up for constitutional duties of being CM (to not buckle down under threats from such lunatics) whenever situation has come in past....

We are becoming like the ones who confer a bounty over Salman Rushdie's head....

what are you saying ? The BJP and Fadnavis should follow Indira Gandhi and declare "emergency" and throw his political opponents in Jail ?

Not allow his political opponents to voice their opinion just because you are "intolerant" of their opinion ?

The CM just defused a unrest and violence by negotiating a settlement that made all the stake holders happy and giving everybody what they wanted and created a Win-win scenario. In my view this is a Fantastic example of Governance and pragmatic politics. This is what Mature people do.

This IS his Constitutional duty. To find solutions to complex problems with minimum use of force and for general public welfare. I actually think the CM did an outstanding job of defusing a explosive situation.

This is the exact OPPOSITE of declaring the bounty on Salman Rushdie head.

I mean to claim that RT is maha chutiya . Even army doesn't want to do anything with him . India and army ke naam pe logo ko chutiya banane chala tha khud ban gaya . Well done Army .

Maybe the next time the army can comment on Rahul Gandhi and Modi too ?

Maybe they can then comment on farmer suicide and triple talaq ? Just like the pakistani army who can comment on anything they want.

Congratulations on thinking like a pakistani. The joys of pdf.

They army by commenting on this issue HAS got actively INVOLVED IN POLITICS.

Where exactly has the army commented on this matter? Can you or anyone else put up a link. All i have seen are retired officers & unnamed serving officers saying something to this effect. The closest thing to any statement by the military is that of their boss, RM Parrikar using generalities about forced donations etc.

Where exactly has the army commented on this matter? Can you or anyone else put up a link. All i have seen are retired officers & unnamed serving officers saying something to this effect. The closest thing to any statement by the military is that of their boss, RM Parrikar using generalities about forced donations etc.

Thank you for stating what should have been obvious to everybody.

The Army in fact has NOT commented on this whole thing. I just wanted to take the argument to those who were claiming the army actually condemned the MNS to satisfy their personal butt hurt.

Quite right, chief. And also a horrible failure of governance, when the constitutionally appointed Chief Minister became a broker for a breaker of the law and his victim.

I believe there are two parts to this. The first part about the CM working out a compromise is in my view, unexceptionable. There was nothing preventing the producers of this movie from sticking to the law & filing necessary complaints except that they won't help much in the real world. There is a lot of double speak by the film community on Raj Thackeray & the MNS. They have cut deals with this guy before too, I believe this producer has done it too (Wake Up Sid). When you play along with this guy, why do they expect that the guy won't come back for repeats? To that extent, the CM being involved is ok though it should have preferably been done behind closed doors and the CM should not have been involved in the nitty gritty, especially when the producers are being asked to forswear something which is not illegal - working/casting Pakistani actors etc. Best to have allowed this to be resolved directly with Raj Thackeray & the film producers.

The second part is the one involving money. The CM should have certainly not been involved in anything that remotely looked like extortion, though in my opinion, there is nothing remote about that in this case and it would be difficult for anyone neutral not to see this as an extortion regardless of the legal niceties. This is where the CM has brought his office & himself into disrepute notwithstanding his denials.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom