What's new

CM Fadnavis opposed offer of Rs .5 cr. contribution from film makers to Army Welfare Fund

For the CM to take recourse to deal-brokering where one party threatens violence against the other is a straightforward acceptance, even of advocacy, of measures other than those compliant with the rule of law. In this view, it is no longer the law that matters; it is who has the greater potential to create trouble.

I agree with your premise but that issue needs the aggrieved party to take recourse to law. They are not willing to do so, the reason for which is the general lack of confidence in the law & order apparatus as also an unwillingness to stand the ground. As I have said, the very same producer went hand in bowl to Raj Thackeray's house in 2009 because his film used the word Bombay instead of Mumbai. The point I'm making is that when one is willing to grovel so easily, there will be no dearth of people forcing them to do so. There wasn't a BJP government in the picture then but it made no difference. This is a field where there is high susceptibility to threats of even minor violence . They had an assurance from the Indian Home Minister, they should have held on to that if they had even a little amount of courage.

The Chief Minister's fault was to put himself publicly in front of this compromise negotiation. What we might find unpalatable still gets done sometimes and we have to try to be as realistic as possible about it. The Chief Minister should have facilitated a meeting but not directly participated. This was not just about the producers, the persons running the multiplexes & the theatres must all have wanted the risk to them mitigated. The sad truth is that even if the movie had been accorded protection, Raj Thackeray & the MNS were going nowhere and the people concerned would have had to deal with them at some point. Unless there is the willingness from the state to deal with this kind of people with an iron fist, we will always have to deal with issues like this regardless of the stink that arises. As a state, we have been willing to let all sorts of people hold us to ransom, petty goons, chauvinistic groups, what to talk about political parties. This has been happening over a prolonged time, when different governments have been in power & is not limited, even if it is most visible, to Maharashtra/Mumbai. To act as if it is otherwise would be to delude ourselves.

I did an hour of yoga this morning and I still can't stand the cheap goonda and his scumbag supporters. :)

That is what comes from limiting yoga to a few stretching exercises without understanding its wholesome philosophy called Hinduism.

But the good news is that the producers of the film and his fraternity HAVE understood the 'cheap goonda and scumbag supporters' and will be paying punitive damages worth 5 crores for the joy of hiring pakistani actors. :)

SRK and his movie comes next, see if you can stand it the next time the same thing happens.

Care to elaborate this part?

Not unless you tell me specifically what you do not understand.

Keep it civil everyone.

No need to be like the MNS and SS hooligans themselves.

LOL..... your expectations from people you admire in pdf never ceases to amaze me :lol:

Nobody as blind as those who choose not to see. Clearly you do not see the irony of them blaming MNS and RT.

why not court take a sumo motto on this ?
this is a open case of extortion..

Because obviously the courts do not agree with your POV.

The Chief Minister's fault was to put himself publicly in front of this compromise negotiation. What we might find unpalatable still gets done sometimes and we have to try to be as realistic as possible about it. The Chief Minister should have facilitated a meeting but not directly participated. This was not just about the producers, the persons running the multiplexes & the theatres must all have wanted the risk to them mitigated. The sad truth is that even if the movie had been accorded protection, Raj Thackeray & the MNS were going nowhere and the people concerned would have had to deal with them at some point. Unless there is the willingness from the state to deal with this kind of people with an iron fist, we will always have to deal with issues like this regardless of the stink that arises. As a state, we have been willing to let all sorts of people hold us to ransom, petty goons, chauvinistic groups, what to talk about political parties. This has been happening over a prolonged time, when different governments have been in power & is not limited, even if it is most visible, to Maharashtra/Mumbai. To act as if it is otherwise would be to delude ourselves.

So your advice is to use pellet guns rather than a negotiated settlement , just so that your sensitive ego can be massaged.

Especially with people who are WILLING to negotiate a settlement that send out the message in unequivocal terms.

A velvet glove is always better than an Iron first unless there is imminent break down in any and all civil services. Only a fool will seek an iron fist that does more damage than solve anything.

Iron fist do not precede a Negotiation, they FOLLOW any negotiation.

Finally only a coward will want to HIDE and Negotiate. The CM was bold enough to demonstrate enough power to be taken seriously and then showed courage to openly negotiate a settlement that left everyone a bit happy and a bit unhappy. That's called a Win win in the real world and calls for applause.

Watch your words. You know from your past experience that you will get penalised. If you edit your post before 11:00 am Wednesday, I will let this pass.

Is this part where you tell me how much you hate the CM for his "Negotiated settlement" and how much you hate the MNS and RT for issuing threats ? :lol:

That is what comes from limiting yoga to a few stretching exercises without understanding its wholesome philosophy called Hinduism.

But the good news is that the producers of the film and his fraternity HAVE understood the 'cheap goonda and scumbag supporters' and will be paying punitive damages worth 5 crores for the joy of hiring pakistani actors. :)

SRK and his movie comes next, see if you can stand it the next time the same thing happens.

Not unless you tell me specifically what you do not understand.

LOL..... your expectations from people you admire in pdf never ceases to amaze me :lol:

Nobody as blind as those who choose not to see. Clearly you do not see the irony of them blaming MNS and RT.

Because obviously the courts do not agree with your POV.

So your advice is to use pellet guns rather than a negotiated settlement , just so that your sensitive ego can be massaged.

Especially with people who are WILLING to negotiate a settlement that send out the message in unequivocal terms.

A velvet glove is always better than an Iron first unless there is imminent break down in any and all civil services. Only a fool will seek an iron fist that does more damage than solve anything.

Iron fist do not precede a Negotiation, they FOLLOW any negotiation.

Finally only a coward will want to HIDE and Negotiate. The CM was bold enough to demonstrate enough power to be taken seriously and then showed courage to openly negotiate a settlement that left everyone a bit happy and a bit unhappy. That's called a Win win in the real world and calls for applause.

Is this part where you tell me how much you hate the CM for his "Negotiated settlement" and how much you hate the MNS and RT for issuing threats ? :lol:

Maybe, may not be. What does it matter?

Fadnavis is lying. CM has no business mediating between MNS and Karan Johar. What MNS was doing is gundagardi. By including himself into the whole gundagardi mess, Fadnavis was on the wrong side of the law.

Fadnavis is lying. CM has no business mediating between MNS and Karan Johar. What MNS was doing is gundagardi. By including himself into the whole gundagardi mess, Fadnavis was on the wrong side of the law.

Then it should be easy to file an FIR against him in Any part of India and take him to court and make him lose his constitutional post.

So why don't the congress or its supporters do it ?

Issuing a threat is very much allowed under the constitution. Its called free speech.

That is what comes from limiting yoga to a few stretching exercises without understanding its wholesome philosophy called Hinduism

LOL

Try telling my instructor that. Mate, this was clearly a waste of my time. I don't give a ferrero rocher about bollywood, but I know what's right and what's downright stupid, and I have a feeling that you do too.

I wish you all the luck supporting criminal thugs who by the way, are nothing but puny little flies when they're not stinking up the streets with their jobless supporters aka minions bound by a common language and cheap booze. Have an excellent Diwali.

LOL

Try telling my instructor that. Mate, this was clearly a waste of my time. I don't give a ferrero rocher about bollywood, but I know what's right and what's downright stupid, and I have a feeling that you do too.

I wish you all the luck supporting criminal thugs who by the way, are nothing but puny little flies when they're not stinking up the streets with their jobless supporters aka minions bound by a common language and cheap booze. Have an excellent Diwali.

RT is a second grad politician and a thug. But he is a first class media management tactician.

This particular tactic of penalising the film industry for using pakistani actors will have wide support from all classes, though everybody will rightfully be scared of who they will bully next.

MNS and RT played a useful role in this particular instance, but their past is covered in ignominy and future is gloomy. But for the present, they have done a good thing.

Now I wish they will go forth and ask people to boycott this movie.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/577911/johar-conveniently-patriotic-pro-rss.html
New Delhi, Oct 26, 2016 (PTI)
577911_thump.jpg

Dubbing Karan Johar as "conveniently patriotic", a pro-RSS journal has accused the filmmaker of having discovered his latent patriotism ahead of his movie's release in the face of a big financial loss.

An article in the "Organiser" has come down heavily on Johar for going ahead with his movie "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil" (ADHM) featuring Pakistani actor Fawad Khan despite a call not to employ such artistes after the Uri attack.

Attacking filmmakers like Johar and actors Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Om Puri, the article says they are living in ivory towers far away from the country's burning borders who think patriotism is a cumbersome burden to be borne only by men in uniform.

"Karan Johar too has been largely silent against the Uri attacks. He seems to have discovered his latent patriotism only now, on the eve of the release of his movie, in the face of a big financial loss.

"But even in his video statement, there has been a careful and concerted attempt to mention the word 'ban', whereas, in reality, there is no official ban on the movie at all," the article said.

Attacking him and some actors who had joined the intolerance debate in the country, it said, "They start getting concerned only when terrorism threatens their own backyards, as it did on 26/11. On all other days, for them, patriotism is a cumbersome burden to be borne only by our men in uniform."

The article says Johar's video statement deliberately attempts to obfuscate the difference between an enforced "ban" and a voluntary economic "boycott" and the "liberal echo chambers" have already started to amplify this view.

It accuses Johar of exploiting the feeling of patriotism for commercial purposes several times in his movies.

"That Karan Johar is aware of the 'country's sentiments' is obvious," the article says, adding if one observes the music videos and promos of ADHM being aired on TV carefully, you can clearly see that he has minimised Fawad Khan's presence to a 'blink and you will miss him' frame.

It says the movie posters feature only Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Aishwarya Rai and the songs feature mostly Ranbir.

"Johar is no fool. He knows exactly what the current mood prevalent in the nation is like. Johar knows fully well that the people of India are so outraged against the cowardly Uri attacks and the silence of Pakistani actor Fawad Khan over the incident that they are considering a spontaneous boycott of his film," the article says.

"Most importantly, Johar knows that spontaneous boycott by the audience hits where it hurts - on the economic front!" it said citing the box office failure of Shah Rukh's movie "Fan" as movie-goers decided to boycott it spontaneously after Khan's intolerance comment.

Mumbai police constables and even Inspectors are very Proud
when they are posted for Raj Thackrey's security

MNS and SHIV SENA are all Local people
They are not outsiders

As are the Mumbai Policemen

Here make it an issue of whole India. Marathas are as proud Indians as Tamils, Jats, Gujjars, Telugu, Biharis, kannadi etc and here all are Indians/bharatis/Hindustanis.

@MilSpec
@anant_s

Will one of you please tell @Hindustani78 the difference between 0.5 cr and 5.0 crores?

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-donate-rs-5-cr-to-army-welfare-fund-3099528/

WHEN Karan Johar deposits Rs 5 crore in the Army welfare fund to ensure a hassle-free release for his film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil starring Pakistani actor Fawad Khan, he would be putting in more than four times the money in the fund currently. According to government sources, from mid-August when it was started, till last week, the Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties had received donations worth around Rs 1.4 crore.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation/mod-won-t-accept-rs-5-cr-from-johar/314567.html
The Ministry of Defence has decided not to accept Rs 5 crore which film producer Karan Johar had been asked to deposit in the armed forces’ battle casualty fund in lieu of his movie ‘Ai Dil Hai Mushkil’ being allowed to be released. MoD sources said the battle casualty fund accepts only voluntary donations. There is a procedure for vetting each such donation. Donations to the fund are allowed income tax rebate. There can be no money coming in which is not voluntary, officials confirmed.

Maharastra CM is trying to keep things calm in Mumbai.

Here make it an issue of whole India. Marathas are as proud Indians as Tamils, Jats, Gujjars, Telugu, Biharis, kannadi etc and here all are Indians/bharatis/Hindustanis.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-donate-rs-5-cr-to-army-welfare-fund-3099528/

WHEN Karan Johar deposits Rs 5 crore in the Army welfare fund to ensure a hassle-free release for his film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil starring Pakistani actor Fawad Khan, he would be putting in more than four times the money in the fund currently. According to government sources, from mid-August when it was started, till last week, the Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties had received donations worth around Rs 1.4 crore.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation/mod-won-t-accept-rs-5-cr-from-johar/314567.html
The Ministry of Defence has decided not to accept Rs 5 crore which film producer Karan Johar had been asked to deposit in the armed forces’ battle casualty fund in lieu of his movie ‘Ai Dil Hai Mushkil’ being allowed to be released. MoD sources said the battle casualty fund accepts only voluntary donations. There is a procedure for vetting each such donation. Donations to the fund are allowed income tax rebate. There can be no money coming in which is not voluntary, officials confirmed.

Maharastra CM is trying to keep things calm in Mumbai.

By bribing criminals?

Why doesn't Fadnavis solve the law and order problem once and for all by bribing every common criminal once a week? Why doesn't he inject a huge sum of cash into the state by sacking the entire police force and using the pay saved that way to pay off the common criminal and political thugs?

That's fair. Extortion, threatening cinema goers with violence, damaging property etc. is not.

That is the thing, LIFE is not Fair.

This is as much fair as Congress indulging in massive corruption and yet certain people supporting it, SP playing divisive politics and yet certain people supporting it, Nitish kumar scheming to allow bomb's to be placed in Modi's rally and yet becoming the CM of Bihar with the help of Lalu who he had earlier called 'jungle raj'.

Compared to all these real goons and thugs of politics, RT and MNS are mere children and their attics just a minor irritant.

That is the thing, LIFE is not Fair.

Really? You don't say!

Life being unfair is no excuse for what the MNS did/does/will do in the near future. The Congress are a bunch of low life morons themselves, but let's leave a round of well deserved insults pointed at sonia and her minions for another time shall we? ;)

Really? You don't say!

Life being unfair is no excuse for what the MNS did/does/will do in the near future. The Congress are a bunch of low life morons themselves, but let's leave a round of well deserved insults pointed at sonia and her minions for another time shall we? ;)

MNS is not the one making excuses, they are the one making the rules. :lol:

No amount of insults on the web is going to change that, can it ? So be it sonia, mulayam, mamata or raj, non of them really gives a $hit except play by their own rules.

MNS is not the one making excuses, they are the one making the rules. :lol:

Huh? My response was to your comments about life being unfair making it OKAY for the MNS to do whatever it wants.

No amount of insults on the web is going to change that, can it ? So be it sonia, mulayam, mamata or raj, non of them really gives a $hit except play by their own rules.

The internet is for the mango man like you and I to vent out... and please spell Momota correctly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom