What's new

CM Fadnavis opposed offer of Rs .5 cr. contribution from film makers to Army Welfare Fund

I believe there are two parts to this. The first part about the CM working out a compromise is in my view, unexceptionable. There was nothing preventing the producers of this movie from sticking to the law & filing necessary complaints except that they won't help much in the real world. There is a lot of double speak by the film community on Raj Thackeray & the MNS. They have cut deals with this guy before too, I believe this producer has done it too (Wake Up Sid). When you play along with this guy, why do they expect that the guy won't come back for repeats? To that extent, the CM being involved is ok though it should have preferably been done behind closed doors and the CM should not have been involved in the nitty gritty, especially when the producers are being asked to forswear something which is not illegal - working/casting Pakistani actors etc. Best to have allowed this to be resolved directly with Raj Thackeray & the film producers.

The second part is the one involving money. The CM should have certainly not been involved in anything that remotely looked like extortion, though in my opinion, there is nothing remote about that in this case and it would be difficult for anyone neutral not to see this as an extortion regardless of the legal niceties. This is where the CM has brought his office & himself into disrepute notwithstanding his denials.

By that logic, Every Tax is an extortion by the state and the CM and PM wilfully indulges in that extortion with the support of the courts and state apparatus.

Since the tax is collected for public welfare, its condoned with "legal niceties". How is this "extortion" not the same ?

I am fairly certain that the vast majority do not pay any income tax and given an opportunity would not like to pay ANY tax.

Its funny how certain 'extortion' seems acceptable when enclosed in "legal niceties" while others don't.

Maybe they can then comment on farmer suicide and triple talaq ? Just like the pakistani army who can comment on anything they want.

Congratulations on thinking like a pakistani. The joys of pdf.

When you shove something inside the mouth of army they will respond . You don't hear them on anything else now do you . This just shows what kind of dunce and imbecile RT is . He did something no one has done since independence and forced army to respond . Serves him right .

When you shove something inside the mouth of army they will respond . You don't hear them on anything else now do you . This just shows what kind of dunce and imbecile RT is . He did something no one has done since independence and forced army to respond . Serves him right .

Nope, even then they cannot respond. That is called DISCIPLINE.

The alternate is called the pakistan Army.

IF the army HAD responded they would have been MUCH WORSE than RT. RT is within his legal right, the army would not have been within their legal right.

The only imbecile is you to claim the Army actually said anything. That and your pakistani mindset.

By that logic, Every Tax is an extortion by the state and the CM and PM wilfully indulges in that extortion with the support of the courts and state apparatus.

Probably because this wasn't levied by the state & the head of government has actively disowned it. The state is given that right to tax, entities not connected to or authorised by the state have no such sanction.

Nope, even then they cannot respond. That is called DISCIPLINE.

The alternate is called the pakistan Army.

IF the army HAD responded they would have been MUCH WORSE than RT. RT is within his legal right, the army would not have been within their legal right.

The only imbecile is you to claim the Army actually said anything. That and your pakistani mindset.

Yeah there is nothing between no response and PA . waah !! . har roz ek genious PDF join karta hai .

Probably because this wasn't levied by the state & the head of government has actively disowned it. The state is given that right to tax, entities not connected to or authorised by the state have no such sanction.

But this was LEGALLY acceptable 'tax' , Negotiated by the State and head of govt. and as such has full state sanction.

MNS had not implemented this 'tax', they demanded it, the state govt. and producers complied and reached an acceptable figure for this 'tax'.

Yeah there is nothing between no response and PA . waah !! . har roz ek genious PDF join karta hai .

They are the exact opposite you moron. Can you read english and understand what you have read ?

They are the exact opposite you moron. Can you read english and understand what you have read ?

Bhai randi rona band kar . No ones gonna listen to your weasel comments over armymen . ALso there is no law being broken so don't play like a broken record . RT got what he deserves .

Bhai randi rona band kar . No ones gonna listen to your weasel comments over armymen . ALso there is no law being broken so don't play like a broken record . RT got what he deserves .

I am not your mother so do not talk to me like you talk to her.

No one has said any law was broke, its your limited understanding or intelligence that made you think anyone said that.

RT got free press and Media coverage, not to mention the appreciation of non supporters like me and countless others who can think for themselves.

I believe there are two parts to this. The first part about the CM working out a compromise is in my view, unexceptionable. There was nothing preventing the producers of this movie from sticking to the law & filing necessary complaints except that they won't help much in the real world. There is a lot of double speak by the film community on Raj Thackeray & the MNS. They have cut deals with this guy before too, I believe this producer has done it too (Wake Up Sid). When you play along with this guy, why do they expect that the guy won't come back for repeats? To that extent, the CM being involved is ok though it should have preferably been done behind closed doors and the CM should not have been involved in the nitty gritty, especially when the producers are being asked to forswear something which is not illegal - working/casting Pakistani actors etc. Best to have allowed this to be resolved directly with Raj Thackeray & the film producers.

The second part is the one involving money. The CM should have certainly not been involved in anything that remotely looked like extortion, though in my opinion, there is nothing remote about that in this case and it would be difficult for anyone neutral not to see this as an extortion regardless of the legal niceties. This is where the CM has brought his office & himself into disrepute notwithstanding his denials.

I must disagree, with respect to your views on the practice being an existing one, which is a good argument, but not good enough.

Let us leave aside the collusion that you have pointed towards. Neither of the parties is bound by oath to uphold the Constitution. You may ask if a citizen needs to have sworn an oath to be obliged to uphold the constitution of the country. The answer is - morally, no, but it is done in the case of an office-holder to ensure that there is an added emphasis on the importance of the constitution and its provisions.

The CM is bound therein. He cannot say anything in exoneration. Saying that he was going along with an existing practice and did not initiate it is not good enough. In that case, any office-holder, anywhere, can plead compliance with customary practice which just so happens to be in contradiction of the constitution. We could call it the Kalyan Singh defence: that turd, as CM of UP, committed himself to upholding the rule of law at the site of the gathering at the Babri Masjid, and then cynically betrayed his commitment with clinical detachment.

In this case, for the CM to descend to these depths is horrifying. We have climbed down yet another step. This kind of deal-brokering is done, for pay, by corrupt policemen and thanadars. The reason why the police is typically uninterested in any citizen lodging an FIR is because they want to know about only those things where there are prospects of earning money, either by pursuing the law, or by shielding the guilty from the law. Whoever, whichever has the funds to prevail over the other gets their support. That is, effectively, what has happened here, except that the calculus is of votes and popular support, even of prevention of any sullying of the law and order situation.

For the CM to take recourse to deal-brokering where one party threatens violence against the other is a straightforward acceptance, even of advocacy, of measures other than those compliant with the rule of law. In this view, it is no longer the law that matters; it is who has the greater potential to create trouble. Incidentally, this is precisely why I oppose both the left and the right: their supporting illicit actions which represent (in their view) the interests of a majority of the citizens, or the concerned citizens, or a particular Marxist category or class, rather than an impersonal, detached legal system. According to right and to left, such detachment is neither possible nor desirable; what is important to the right is the will of the religious majority, whether it aligns with the law or not be damned. What is important to the left is the will of the oppressed and down-trodden workers and farmers (workers in the agricultural sector, not land-owning classes), not the law (I hate the Congress for its dynastic rule, but more than that, for their introduction of corruption as a necessary ingredient in Indian politics).

If we dilute the rule of law, and the constitution as a framework for public life, we are on the slippery slope to ruin.

Fadnavis represents just one of those thoughtless robots of the RSS that does not realise the grave consequences of what he, they, and thanks to their negligence, we as an entire nation are putting at stake.

But this was LEGALLY acceptable 'tax' , Negotiated by the State and head of govt. and as such has full state sanction.

MNS had not implemented this 'tax', they demanded it, the state govt. and producers complied and reached an acceptable figure for this 'tax'.

So you are back.

Incidentally, sorry to disappoint you, but an individual legislator has no legal authority to impose a tax. It is then extortion. Only a legislature, or, in rare circumstances, an administration acting in urgency in the absence of a legislature and promulgating an ordinance, can impose a tax. Ordinances themselves have to be sanctioned by the legislature immediately after it reconvenes.

Watch your words. You know from your past experience that you will get penalised. If you edit your post before 11:00 am Wednesday, I will let this pass.

why not court take a sumo motto on this ?
this is a open case of extortion..

Care to elaborate this part?
The rights were given to them by the same Bollywood industry. Every star, producer, director etc give attendance to Raj Thackeray & Uddhav Thackeray & seek their blessings before the release of every movie they make. But when problem arises their first target happens to be central govt & the PM.
It's funny when people like Kapil Sharma questions Modi for some issues related to BMC, which incidentally is being run by the same people who he gives attendance to & seeks blessings to survive in the city & industry! Same goes to Bacchans & all the Khans. They don't have the guts to stand up against Thackaray's goondaism...but have enough audacity to preach others!

Mate you can keep supporting whichever Party you like

I voted for BJP in the State assembly elections -- and National elections

But I know the UTILITY of Shiv Sena and MNS

Sometimes it is NOT possible to get things done without the use of strong arm tactics

That is where they ie MNS and Shiv sena come in
Though a Keralite, I am born and brought up in Mumbai ... Lived all through my life in Old Mumbai, Thane, Mulund and Navi Mumbai...

Sena although ideological still is a very open minded Party... All Mumbaikars admire Balasaheb ...

Sena Killed Communism because Balasaheb always stood for protecting the rights of Labors that includes migrants... He brought the Mumbai Underworld to its knees... He was a Nationalist who amended states laws to provide relief and accommodate Kashmiri Pandits ...he was so popular that Sena won even the old Christian pockets of Mumbai...

No use of arguing with these Buffoons...

These people dont have idea about what they are talking... Maharashtra without Sena is unimaginable ... Hindu Nationalist shouldnt forget the contribution of Sena in Ram Janmabhoomi Movement...

All these Separatist, JNU intellectuals, Lutyans can make Delhi their city of Operation... Mumbai is out of reach for their intellectual rubbish .Until Sena is present in Mumbai this City wont Host any Anti-Nationals and their supporters, ... Hindutva rules the Heart of India's Financial Capital ... We are proud that we have three Hindutva Parties here who wont allow it to be a Rape Capital of India....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom