What's new

CM-400AKG: Pakistan's supersonic carrier killer

so according to you all the info about Brahmos is known to everybody even the lay men like us ,i don't think so, our reliable facts may be not reliable to pakistan and vice versa.so i think we all are speculating and not comparing nobody has complete facts about any weapon system e.g everybody think brahmos is just 290 km max distance but may be it is more than that just for surprice the enemy like 400-500 km .

What i said was that discussions and comparisons should be based on reliable facts..Take brahmos for example,there are speculations that real range of brahmos is near 800 km.But even then,all the discussions and comparisons are made based on the official range ie 290-300 kms

offcourse brahmos is different category but both are going to do the same job and CM-400AKG is a multi tasker because of different seeker

Yes they may be doing the same job but yet different category...Brahmos is Ramjet powered sea skimming cruise missile with publicly available videos of it hitting bulls eye in several tests(cep within 1-2 m),While CM-400 is hypersonic air to surface missile like soviet KH-15 with lesser range and possibly better seekers,with zero data on its tests..

This for sure will be a very difficult missile to defend against given its high velocity and almost vertical terminal dive. Right now none in india shipbourne air-defence arsenal (SA-N-7, SA-N-12, Barak-8) is effective again such attack, thus this missile likely will have a huge impact on India's naval strategy and defence procurement, maybe leading to India acquiring an Aegis ship armed with SM-3 missiles, or perhpas an european ship with Aster30? Anyway, it is a game changer and certainly has to potential to nullify any advantages Brahmos might have brought for India. A brief summary comparing 400 AKG and Brahmos.

It is premature to say the least, Barak-8 is not even operational as of yet, and we know only that much about the 400 AKG.
Besides Barak-8 is more or less a Mach 5 missile, so I really doubt if the 400AKG is impervious, it is laden with an Israeli seeker and the Elta EL/M-2248 MF-STAR radar.

Range: equal

Not exactly 400AKG- 250, Apart from the fact that Brahmos has a range of 290km(which is still more than 400 AKG), it was recently reported by RIA NOVOSTI to have an improved range of 500km

Speed: 400AKG

True.
For now.(BrahMos2 has been tested at Mach 6.5 in Hyderabad)

Maneuvability: Equal in the terminal phase, edge to Brahmos in the middile course

Again I doubt that.

Which should mean that it has a very linear path. Thus greater susceptibility to SAMs.
BrahMos on the other hand can,

Warhead: Brahmos, but it is a much bigger missile also

True.

Detectability: Brahmos is sea skimming capable (don't think it can fly as low as Exocet or C802 though), 400AKG is not

No it can't but is mighty close to an Exocet at 3-4 meters above sea level.

Cost: 400AKG

True

Flexibility: 400AKG is small, 2 can be carried by JF17. Only specially modified 30MKI can carry just 1 Brahmos, edge 400AKG
Guidance: Equal"

I really doubt the 400 AKG has been tested on JF-17 till then speculations remain speculations.

It is premature to say the least, Barak-8 is not even operational as of yet, and we know only that much about the 400 AKG.

I really doubt the 400 AKG has been tested on JF-17 till then speculations remain speculations.

I would take a senior PAF officer's word over your "doubt" any day.

What i said was that discussions and comparisons should be based on reliable facts..Take brahmos for example,there are speculations that real range of brahmos is near 800 km.But even then,all the discussions and comparisons are made based on the official range ie 290-300 kms

Yes they may be doing the same job but yet different category...Brahmos is Ramjet powered sea skimming cruise missile with publicly available videos of it hitting bulls eye in several tests(cep within 1-2 m),While CM-400 is hypersonic air to surface missile like soviet KH-15 with lesser range and possibly better seekers,with zero data on its tests..

I don't think they will ever disclose the specification of this Missile or any strategic weapon system ,people like us will only speculate and from here and there will find some think in the future ,but let me tell you that this weapon is already operational with paf because The CM-400AKG Appeared first, briefly, in public at last year's Dubai Airshow, When a placard for the weapon was Placed alongside to PAF JF-17 - and then removed. The weapon itself was not shown. At the time it was Acknowledged PAF personnel to new Chinese-built air-to-surface stand-off missile.

i know IN is already thinking to counter this thread and may come up with some think.

Nabil do you think this missile have GPS reciever if yes then this missile can do mid course correction .i did read somewhere if a missile with gps reciever can be corrected in mid course please let us know.

but let me tell you that this weapon is already operational with paf because The CM-400AKG Appeared first, briefly, in public at last year's Dubai Airshow, When a placard for the weapon was Placed alongside to PAF JF-17 - and then removed. The weapon itself was not shown.
Well that confirms it..

i know IN is already thinking to counter this thread and may come up with some think.

Hypersonic stand-off missiles have been around for decades and most of the modern SAMs like Barak-8 are designed to counter such threats..

All members looking for credible links such as blogs by Ajay Shukla are advised to keep their mouths shut or face infractions.
Accept or walk away.

so much of arrogance!! isnt it?

so much of arrogance!! isnt it?

The problem is members here have been quoting Manufacturers and Users in PAf and from them Quoting the specs of CM-400...
But Indian members insist on denying those credible claims by quoting someone called Ajay Shukla who has never seen the missile and don't know anybody who has used it....
This can get frustrating.

The problem is members here have been quoting Manufacturers and Users in PAf and from them Quoting the specs of CM-400...
But Indian members insist on denying those credible claims by quoting someone called Ajay Shukla who has never seen the missile and don't know anybody who has used it....
This can get frustrating.

mate, understood...students do make noise BUT teachers and principles cant deal with them saying accept or walk away!!!

mate, understood...students do make noise BUT teachers and principles cant deal with them saying accept or walk away!!!

Mate , what hope is there for people who do not even take manufacturer's or PAF project director's word for the missile but rather chose to delude themselves with what some random biased blog writer has written for a few bucks ? :azn:

Mate , what hope is there for people who do not even take manufacturer's or PAF project director's word for the missile but rather chose to delude themselves with what some random biased blog writer has written for a few bucks ? :azn:

dude, again understood, we have seen many many incidents like this..the issue is, the way mod used his language, "accept or walk away"... i believe he does not run this forum and he is just the care taker...the forum is shining because of ppl like us who are so attached to this forum and the freedom that we get to express our views..i must say this is one of the best forum but we do see sometimes mods get biased due to their race and start posting shits...so basically, mods shud be taught to behave before they are deputed to preach others!!!

Well that confirms it..

Hypersonic stand-off missiles have been around for decades and most of the modern SAMs like Barak-8 are designed to counter such threats..

May be SAM Like S400 or Aegis but if launch in numbers it will take the target down,

dude, again understood, we have seen many many incidents like this..the issue is, the way mod used his language, "accept or walk away"... i believe he does not run this forum and he is just the care taker...the forum is shining because of ppl like us who are so attached to this forum and the freedom that we get to express our views..i must say this is one of the best forum but we do see sometimes mods get biased due to their race and start posting shits...so basically, mods shud be taught to behave before they are deputed to preach others!!!

Look who's talking..
You who come and troll on every other thread making pointless references to answers you have already been given before.
You are the example of what ends up staining this forum and for that I have no bias.regardless of nationality. be those who keep ranting about links or those that come up with gems like "arjunk"..
You have a problem cupcake.. take it up with the administration.
As far as I am concerned, my words STAND.
IF YOU ARE ONLY HERE ABOUT TO ASK FOR LINKS FROM MEMBERS IN THE BLUE.. either accept them as correct.. or instead of arguing about links as if you wish to be baptized.. walk AWAY.

Back
Top Bottom