What's new

Club football discussions

Did David Villa insult Mesut Ozil's Islam religion at Super Cup brawl?

According to [Football.Fr] Real Madrid player Mesut Ozil was quoted, “I did this because I was defending my religion because David VillaDavid Villa insulted Islam.” refering to his actions against Villa at the closing minutes brawl at the Super Cup.

It appeared in TV video clips that David Villa hit Mesut Ozil first and the German international retaliated. The brawl was the reaction when Cesc Fabregas was tackled helplessly by Marcelo right at the closing minutes of the game as both bench emptied. Watch brawl video, go here

But Villa making offensive comments towards Islam isn't likely since his teammates Abidal, Keita and Afellay who are muslims and they play on the same team Barcelona.

Mesut Ozil and David Villa were slapped with red cards in an altercation between the two during the closing stages of last night’s Spanish Supercup between Barcelona and Real Madrid. Barcelona went on to win the Spanish Super Cup 3-2 riding the heroics of Lionel Messi two goals.

Villa and Ozil action is subject to either one-game or three-game ban from Supercopa. The league will serve any suspensions handed most likely a year from now. If Villa made such unnecessary comment, it is unfortunate for the sports in general like football/soccer which is enjoyed by people worldwide regardless of race or religion.

86097505-david-villa.jpg

Did David Villa insulted Mesut Ozil's Islam religion at Super Cup brawl?

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

i also want to play

Really pisses me off the whole of the Barca bench comes into the field. We saw that against Arsenal last year, they manhandled Van Persie and Nasri, busquets and valdes grabbed them by their throats, and the ref and UEFA conveniently got blind at that moment. It was a bad challenge by marcelo, the ref gave a straight red, WTF was the need for the whole of the bench and staff to come there??,,,these farces have lost their respect in my eyes. Totally unprofessional in their conduct, they fall down at the slightest touch, and dive alot. Football might be beautiful, but their conduct is a disgrace to Football.

Really pisses me off the whole of the Barca bench comes into the field. We saw that against Arsenal last year, they manhandled Van Persie and Nasri, busquets and valdes grabbed them by their throats, and the ref and UEFA conveniently got blind at that moment. It was a bad challenge by marcelo, the ref gave a straight red, WTF was the need for the whole of the bench and staff to come there??,,,these farces have lost their respect in my eyes. Totally unprofessional in their conduct, they fall down at the slightest touch, and dive alot. Football might be beautiful, but their conduct is a disgrace to Football.

I admit that Madrid has some dirty players like Pepe, Marcelo and Ramos and Di maria dives, CR7 not so much any more but God, these Barca players are way too arrogant, classless and bunch of cry babies .... Football was always physical game ... The other team does not come there to watch you play side ways tikki takka passing .... The thing i hate most is when all Barca players surround referee as soon as one of their player goes to ground at slightest of touch ...

Marcelo tackle was bad but it all started because Barca whole bench was off in a second to waste the remaining extra time and rub some salt on Madrid's wounds ... and guess who was first on the scene ... that *&^%$#@ pinto ... God, i hate him ... We see much worse tackles all the time but just because it was on a barca player and that too fabregas, obviously whole catalan have to make a meal of it just to show that they really do care for their new son ...

I wouldn't be surprised if Villa did insulted Islam or said something personal to Ozil ... Ozil wouldnt be so raged with just a touch on the face .... These catalans are one hell of a racist people ...

Thank you Webmaster for making it sticky.

@ Bangla Fighter

Now try to keep this thread alive always, this is one of the conditions of a sticky thread.

Thank you Webmaster for making it sticky.

@ Bangla Fighter

Now try to keep this thread alive always, this is one of the conditions of a sticky thread.

thanks a lot for requesting to make it sticky.

i am grateful to MOD for making it sticky.

i will try to update club football news daily. thanks.

I admit that Madrid has some dirty players like Pepe, Marcelo and Ramos and Di maria dives, CR7 not so much any more but God, these Barca players are way too arrogant, classless and bunch of cry babies .... Football was always physical game ... The other team does not come there to watch you play side ways tikki takka passing .... The thing i hate most is when all Barca players surround referee as soon as one of their player goes to ground at slightest of touch ...

Marcelo tackle was bad but it all started because Barca whole bench was off in a second to waste the remaining extra time and rub some salt on Madrid's wounds ... and guess who was first on the scene ... that *&^%$#@ pinto ... God, i hate him ... We see much worse tackles all the time but just because it was on a barca player and that too fabregas, obviously whole catalan have to make a meal of it just to show that they really do care for their new son ...

I wouldn't be surprised if Villa did insulted Islam or said something personal to Ozil ... Ozil wouldnt be so raged with just a touch on the face .... These catalans are one hell of a racist people ...

Aggressive strategy was adopted by Morinho. Just to stop Barcelonas passing rhythm. He used pepe, Diarra for this in defensive mid where xavi and iniesta play. Barcelona countered it successfully by diving... You cant blame them...

Liverpool to open academy in Delhi

NEW DELHI: Here's something for Premiership fans to look forward to. Liverpool FC is planning something more meaningful than promoting merchandise in the growing Indian market.

The much-storied British club is planning a football academy in the heart of the capital.

According to information shared exclusively with TOI, the school will be set up in association with the club's former midfielder Steve McMahon, better known to Indian football fans as a forthright pundit on sports channels.

"I've seen some fanatical support among Indian fans and that gave me the idea. I approached Liverpool FC, and they were very keen. We are very excited about the project," McMahon told TOI on phone from Singapore.

As part of the plan, club legend Ian Rush will join McMahon in launching the project next week. TOI has also learnt that the project will involve a close tie-up with various schools of the Capital.

The hard-tackling 1980s Liverpool legend once famously said he would kick his own brother if it were necessary. Remind him, and he unapologetically whispers, "I would kick him twice." It is this kind of passion and aggression that he hopes to instill in Indian boys who are interested in learning the tricks of the trade.

"I understood from the feedback I had received that football is very popular in India. It is a first-time venture and we have plans to cover other parts of Asia. But right now, our focus is on Delhi and India," he told TOI.

McMahon also revealed that India could soon see a Liverpool team visiting in the near future. "In two to three years, the club may visit India. It is a huge market, a market to explore and it is in Liverpool's interest to set up a base in India."

The Delhi project comes close on the heels of his academy in Cana Bednaulim, Goa. Announcement of the tie-up with Churchill Brothers was made last February. Liverpool also has a development centre in Pune.

McMahon, who won three league championships and two FA Cups in his five glory years at Liverpool, believes that his old club has the resources to sneak back into the Champions League. "It is a better squad, a stronger one and there are high expectations. The mood at Anfield is very positive. They have a great chance to get back into Europe's elite. Manchester United are still favourites for the title," he said.

Liverpool to open academy in Delhi - The Times of India

Agreed madrid are not angels ,,,,but Why the Fu++ was Pinto there??,,,,he does not play a single game all season, yet he is the one who is most concerned.

All of the Barca bench was there
Team surrounded the ref
Against Arsenal last year, at camp nou, they grabbed RVP and Nasri by the throat, but the ref and UEFA are blind at the same moment. FA banned song for the stomp on BArton in the premier league in the first game, the ref did not see it , hence FA has the right to ban song. So why not UEFA???,,,,a bunch of hypocrites are sitting at UEFA, and a big bunch of arrogant sissies at BARCA. or FARCA. except messi, he is a genuinely humble guy, does not dive or anything.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Liverpool to open academy in Delhi

NEW DELHI: Here's something for Premiership fans to look forward to. Liverpool FC is planning something more meaningful than promoting merchandise in the growing Indian market.

The much-storied British club is planning a football academy in the heart of the capital.

According to information shared exclusively with TOI, the school will be set up in association with the club's former midfielder Steve McMahon, better known to Indian football fans as a forthright pundit on sports channels.

"I've seen some fanatical support among Indian fans and that gave me the idea. I approached Liverpool FC, and they were very keen. We are very excited about the project," McMahon told TOI on phone from Singapore.

As part of the plan, club legend Ian Rush will join McMahon in launching the project next week. TOI has also learnt that the project will involve a close tie-up with various schools of the Capital.

The hard-tackling 1980s Liverpool legend once famously said he would kick his own brother if it were necessary. Remind him, and he unapologetically whispers, "I would kick him twice." It is this kind of passion and aggression that he hopes to instill in Indian boys who are interested in learning the tricks of the trade.

"I understood from the feedback I had received that football is very popular in India. It is a first-time venture and we have plans to cover other parts of Asia. But right now, our focus is on Delhi and India," he told TOI.

McMahon also revealed that India could soon see a Liverpool team visiting in the near future. "In two to three years, the club may visit India. It is a huge market, a market to explore and it is in Liverpool's interest to set up a base in India."

The Delhi project comes close on the heels of his academy in Cana Bednaulim, Goa. Announcement of the tie-up with Churchill Brothers was made last February. Liverpool also has a development centre in Pune.

McMahon, who won three league championships and two FA Cups in his five glory years at Liverpool, believes that his old club has the resources to sneak back into the Champions League. "It is a better squad, a stronger one and there are high expectations. The mood at Anfield is very positive. They have a great chance to get back into Europe's elite. Manchester United are still favourites for the title," he said.

Liverpool to open academy in Delhi - The Times of India

Always hated McMahon for his punditry on ESPN, really arrogant , and sometimes sensless, along with Shebby Singh. the good guy is the united one, the black guy, and Jamie reeves.

Aggressive strategy was adopted by Morinho. Just to stop Barcelonas passing rhythm. He used pepe, Diarra for this in defensive mid where xavi and iniesta play. Barcelona countered it successfully by diving... You cant blame them...

Yes but while Madrid players were punished for their aggression, Barca players were not punished for their diving ... Clear double
standards every year in Champions league ... Chelsea, Inter, Arsenal, Madrid ... and people question Madrid's first five champions league trophies ...

arsenal has lost too many quality players and has not been able to get replacements for them. its going to be tough going for the gunners - i see then finishing 4th or 5th this year, unless they sign a few a 'big names'. they have the cash and they should spend it.

arsenal has lost too many quality players and has not been able to get replacements for them. its going to be tough going for the gunners - i see then finishing 4th or 5th this year, unless they sign a few a 'big names'. they have the cash and they should spend it.

sir jee, Liverpool vs Arsenal about to kick start . . . .;)

Go Liverpool Go!!!
liverpool-honours.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

I have joned..scored paltry 50 in gw1 :cry::cry: due to site error

no issues, first few weeks are usually tough!!
there were unlimited free transfers available for GW-2, have you utilized these?

the Sunderland vs Newcastel is underway so they wont be available any longer now!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom