What's new

Classy Shakib vs. Ordinary Sehwag

Bangladesh 98/6 (30.5 ov)

Look a classy reply for ordinary target by India in first inning: India 243

This is why this is a ordinary team... Lack of consistency... 3 more days to go...

Though I really feel that Sehwag's comments are against sportsman spirit but he just spoke truth...

242 All out. ALMOST same as the Indian total.

BD and IND teams are at the same level!!

Again class shown by Shakib and his team.

I was hoping to see Sehwag scoring a 100 but Shakib got him AGAIN! :lol:

Yeah,show me another player who plays like him even in this dead pitches!.....or scored 2 triple tons even batting on the dead sa pitches?

Yeah,show me another player who plays like him even in this dead pitches!.....or scored 2 triple tons even batting on the dead sa pitches?

what difference does it make?? He can score 500 for what I care!!

He is no Tendulkar or Sunny in class or in quality and both of these gents don't have triple tons.

Mate, a little reasearch before posting will help you.

This link will help you.
Sehwag's Centuries ---

By the way, Cricketers from Pakistan and SriLanka also play in these dead pitches. So why anyone else have not scored two tripple centuries??

5 out 15 are outside of SA and the rest are either at home or in SL or Pakistan.

You are missing the point, No player show such disrespect or arrogance to any of their competitors. If Pakistani player would say such nonsense they I will be the first one to condemn it.

Lets not defend stupidity.

You are missing the point, No player show such disrespect or arrogance to any of their competitors. If Pakistani player would say such nonsense they I will be the first one to condemn it.
You have every right to condemn anybody.

I fully defend Sehwag. Bangladesh is an Ordinary Test Side.

Just look at this test match. After bowling out India for 243, they fail to take a lead. Any other Test side would have scored heavily in the first innings.

India scored 243 buddy with all the talent - An ordinary side total?

Agree with you mate, it is an ordinary total. But even after making 243 the result it is going to be either a draw or India will win the match.

Currently India is leading by 365 runs.

India 243 and 413 for 8 dec

Ban 242 and 67 for 2

That means in total 18 wickets that Bangladeshi bowlers were able to take.We could have taken all 20 wickets if declaration was delayed.

I know we will be losing this,but I am at least happy that our bowlers were able to prove Shewag wrong.Showing we are indeed capable of taking 20 wickets. :D

I agree we are "ordinary team",and I know for sure that India,New zealand,Sri Lanka all were "ordinary teams" ,when they started playing test.

It took India 30 years to win their first test.And here time is important than the number of matches played.Because it indicates different generation of players.

Playing 50 matches in space of 10 years with the same pool of players does not do justice to the record.
Time is a factor, as we can see Bangladesh team of 2002 and Bangladesh team of 2010 are very very different.
Improvement needs time,it doesn't come overnight.

In that case our record isn't that bad.

Shewag did say the right thing,but his tone was not right.
May be he lacks the ability to control media or he was being arrogant.

Ban 242 and 67 for 2

That means in total 18 wickets that Bangladeshi bowlers were able to take.We could have taken all 20 wickets if declaration was delayed.

I know we will be losing this,but I am at least happy that our bowlers were able to prove Shewag wrong.Showing we are indeed capable of taking 20 wickets. :D

I agree we are "ordinary team",and I know for sure that India,New zealand,Sri Lanka all were "ordinary teams" ,when they started playing test.

It took India 30 years to win their first test.And here time is important than the number of matches played.Because it indicates different generation of players.

Why not actually win a test against India for a change?

If you are so good in Cricket then India should be a Paani cum chai against Bangladesh.

India winning a test in 30 years was a different story all together.

GB

Why not actually win a test against India for a change?

If you are so good in Cricket then India should be a Paani cum chai against Bangladesh.

India winning a test in 30 years was a different story all together.

GB

Do you care to read and understand the post instead of ranting??

You can never accuse Sehwag of being boring. His press conferences are as interesting as his batting. He sauntered in to the press room today, remained typically blunt throughout, dealt in monosyllables and left people speechless. The Indian journalists weren't so shocked because it was almost the norm with him; a few Bangladeshi journalists looked stunned.

You could have said Sehwag was bordering on arrogance, you might have felt he was being dismissive, almost brutal especially in his assessment of Bangladesh' strengths and if you hadn't been in a Sehwag conference before, you certainly would have thought it was a slightly bizarre event. But it wasn't. It was in character. It was actually very funny but you could also see why some might take offense.

An extract from

'Bangladesh are an ordinary side' - Sehwag | Cricket News | Bangladesh v India 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Ban 242 and 67 for 2

Playing 50 matches in space of 10 years with the same pool of players does not do justice to the record.
Time is a factor, as we can see Bangladesh team of 2002 and Bangladesh team of 2010 are very very different.
Improvement needs time,it doesn't come overnight.

Yes When India, Pak, NZ , SL all started playing Test matches they were ordinary teams and India won after 30 matches, but do you have any idea how many matches we could drew? BD lost almost all matches and the matches they could save were due to the grace of bad weather and nothing else.
Again, the era when the other test nations started , there was hardly any media and chances of international exposure, hence when the teams used to travel they were clueless about what to expect.

Now as the world has turned into a global village, this test record is sign of a ordinary test side, nothing more nothing less.

They show signs of improvement once in a while but then quickly go back to square one.

That is a good point because it is possible that Sehwag suffers from complex even after all fame and he got nervous so he said that ...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom