What's new

Classy Shakib vs. Ordinary Sehwag

Bloody hell, he just said the truth, whats with the flak ? 61 test matches with 3 victories (against B grade Zimbabwe & WI) & 52 losses ? Calling it ordinary is a compliment in itself.

This is Sehwag, the most uncomplicated cricketer there is. Thank heavens someone speaks the truth ..

First this is agentleman's game so such statements have no place in cricket. Their are smarter ways to add pressure and hype.

Secondly, this team won against WI in WI so I have a lot of respect for this team and their bowlers proved that they are nop ordinary team.

Lets see how well the BD batsmen can perform.

Yeah right gentleman's game! All the silly catch/lbw claims, players getting banned for drugs, ball tampering, pitch tampering, match fixing and u have a problem with one guy who speaks the truth ?

And yea, it was WI B team, the main team was striking. Respect would have been earned if they had tied/defeated the WI team that toured OZ.

Well Bharat were all out on second day 243/10 though we lost 58/3. 5 for al-hasan and 5 for shadat. I do not even care if we lose now because my bros has given them bharati a right size answer. Can't stand bharatis arrogance.

As we say in our country: Moidani dath banga jawab :smokin:

It wasnt arrogance but the truth. Just look up ur test record i have posted, calling ur team ordinary is a compliment.

If u thought winning a session or two was enough, u never understood test cricket, or cricket in entirety for that matter.

The thread title is “Classy Shakib vs. Ordinary Sehwag” . In this match Shakib bowled brilliantly and Sehwag played the way he knows best.

Regarding Sehwag’s comment that Bangladesh is an Ordinary Test side, I do not think anything wrong with that. Bangladesh got Test status some 10 years before and only won 3 Test matches that too against a depleted Zimbabwe.

Bangladesh can beat any side in ODI and T20 on a given day, but they have a long way to go in Test matches.
In this match, right now Bangladesh is in the driver seat but India is not out of the game.

Bloody hell, he just said the truth, whats with the flak ? 61 test matches with 3 victories (against B grade Zimbabwe & WI) & 52 losses ? Calling it ordinary is a compliment in itself.

This is Sehwag, the most uncomplicated cricketer there is. Thank heavens someone speaks the truth ..

Yeah right gentleman's game! All the silly catch/lbw claims, players getting banned for drugs, ball tampering, pitch tampering, match fixing and u have a problem with one guy who speaks the truth ?

And yea, it was WI B team, the main team was striking. Respect would have been earned if they had tied/defeated the WI team that toured OZ.

It wasnt arrogance but the truth. Just look up ur test record i have posted, calling ur team ordinary is a compliment.

If u thought winning a session or two was enough, u never understood test cricket, or cricket in entirety for that matter.

We are not saying that we are extra ordinary team and we are humble when comes to play the game. We are working toward improvment however it's in your habit to undermine us. You have done same thing on last world cup but again this ordinary team kicked you out from world cup. :smokin:

We are not saying that we are extra ordinary team and we are humble when comes to play the game. We are working toward improvment however it's in your habit to undermine us. You have done same thing on last world cup but again this ordinary team kicked you out from world cup. :smokin:

No it isnt! Calling your team INCOMPETENT is undermining, calling it ordinary is nothing but the truth. The fact of the matter is, Bangladesh got test status because it helped the Asian block with a vote over the Eng/NZ/OZ block, not because it deserved it.

That WC victory was a rare victory .. like ur team has won against Pak/SA/OZ as well. Look at the overall picture, Bangladesh cricket is still at the bottom of all test playing nations in test & one day cricket rankings.

All of India's previous captains this decade : Dhoni, Kumble, Dravid, Ganguly would've been diplomatic & LIED, but thats just not Sehwag. He blasted India's batting when we lost a home test against Pak in 2005 for their defensive attitude (Sehwag blasts fellow batsmen for Bangalore defeat | Cricket News | NKP Salve Challenger Trophy 2009-10 | Cricinfo.com). Thats just how he is.

The same statement which non of his team mates are ready to back up. Tandulker is not answering questions in this reagrd and is openly saying that go and ask Sehwag as he said that.

All the match fixing crap caused careers to end or other punishments for the simple fact that those were unsportsman like conduct, the same unsportsman like conduct which Sehwag has displayed and Shakib refused to follow.

Both men showed their class, Shakib a gentlman and sportsman and Sehwag an ordinary sadak chaahp!! This is the only truth.

unsportsman like conduct which Sehwag has displayed and Shakib refused to follow.

If speaking the truth shows a person's unsporting character, I would like Sehwag doing it again and again.

Both men showed their class, Shakib a gentlman and sportsman and Sehwag an ordinary sadak chaahp!! This is the only truth.

This Sadak Chaaph (Nawab of Najafgarh) has scored 2 tripple centuries in Test Cricket. The only two others are the great Brian Lara and Sir Don Bradman.

Bangladesh 98/6 (30.5 ov)

Look a classy reply for ordinary target by India in first inning: India 243

This is why this is a ordinary team... Lack of consistency... 3 more days to go...

Though I really feel that Sehwag's comments are against sportsman spirit but he just spoke truth...

Bangladesh 98/6 (30.5 ov)

Look a classy reply for ordinary target by India in first inning: India 243

This is why this is a ordinary team... Lack of consistency... 3 more days to go...

Though I really feel that Sehwag's comments are against sportsman spirit but he just spoke truth...

Guess what..you were too early...!!! :lol:

Bangla 199/6 now...playing well.

First this is agentleman's game so such statements have no place in cricket. Their are smarter ways to add pressure and hype.

Secondly, this team won against WI in WI so I have a lot of respect for this team and their bowlers proved that they are nop ordinary team.

Lets see how well the BD batsmen can perform.

Did you say Gentlemen Game? :D Who was the last gentleman you saw? Smarter ways like? Have you not seen how Aussies pass statement, the great Steve Waugh did? The later followed? Dint you see Ponting in action these days? The New Sangakara? Forgot the Jelly bean incident in England? Common do you still think the gentlemen play this?

I for one will stop watching cricket when gentlemen will be back to play cricket at international level. Its a sport for gods sake, I want break neck competition and breathing down each others throat while staring at each others eyes....Thats when one love to watch cricket.

This team won against WI ? :D Thats schools team that played the test match, the other match they won was one against another club team from Zimbabwe , in last decade they won only 2 and lost all other, leave alone one or two draws here and there and mostly due to the rain factor and nothing else.

welll its any ones game from now who bats well gonna win and specially bowls well to restrict each other for a smal total and than go for runs to win test.

I am not at all hopeful for a result here. It has been a fascinating match so far, but I fear finally the weather will play spoilsport. In the first 3 days, we have lost more than 4 sessions, that is effectively 45% of the time. So if the trend continues, I am afraid there will be no result, which is a shame.

Last edited:
This Sadak Chaaph (Nawab of Najafgarh) has scored 2 tripple centuries in Test Cricket. The only two others are the great Brian Lara and Sir Don Bradman.

Yep on dead SA pitches. Soon he will make 400!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom