What's new

Classy Shakib vs. Ordinary Sehwag

What was Shahadat Hussein saying when he got the wicket of Dravid. For me its looks like he was saying mot**r fu**er.

After Imrul Kayes hit Ishant Sharma for a four,next ball was a bouncer and the words I could read from Ishant was the hindi translation of the word you mentioned.

These things happens.What's there to take it seriously?

Right now,India back on game with 3 quick wickets. :hitwall:

After Imrul Kayes hit Ishant Sharma for a four,next ball was a bouncer and the words I could read from Ishant was the hindi translation of the word you mentioned.

Yes this sort of bantering goes on the field. Those of you who have played even in club level must be used to those. As long as it does not become like Aussie style sledging I am ok with it.

Yes India is definitely back, but point is the poor light condition is helping no one. :(

Sehwag only said that Bangladesh is a normal side, he never offended the feeling saying bangladesh was weak or something, Its never easy to beat a team in there place..... And still India came back strong with fast 3 wickets......

Well, Aussies did even worse with every team when they were rank one, now we are at the top spot.....

It is a classic case of someone trying to communicate in a language in which he is not deft at. This is the same Sehwag who had earlier stated while accepting a man of the match award "I was supporting Sri Lanka because the team that I do support loses", so though the statement if taken on face value is extremely offending to the Bangladesh cricketing fraternity, but with taken the pinch of salt that comes with the language barrier for players from our countries, it actually could be a case of an innocuous statement gone wrong.

In fact at the toss in the morning when Shastri asked him "what would you have done if you would have won the toss", he responded, "we would also have fielded but we have lost now and cannot handle". So let us leave the guy there. The very fact that normally players from Pakistan and Sri Lanka are most friendly with Sehwag, it is probably a case of a statement put in the wrong way.

But, boss...... well played Bangladesh.....

Its common nowadays to use such words but there was no need to say that word at that time towards a player like Dravid.

Its common nowadays to use such words but there was no need to say that word at that time towards a player like Dravid.

Well, the batsman is a world known figure, a veteran who has scored heavily around the globe in different condition and is one with more than 10000 test runs under his belt. The bowler is a kid, freshly into the international team who could create a gem of an inswinging delivery, fooled the batsman into playing a wrong shot across the line and rearranged the furniture behind his back.

Dont you think its a matter of pride for him? Even if I would have been at his place I would have celebrated in that way, may be even more violently ( I would have been banned for the next to matches by the officials, thats a diff story ;) )

Well, the batsman is a world known figure, a veteran who has scored heavily around the globe in different condition and is one with more than 10000 test runs under his belt. The bowler is a kid, freshly into the international team who could create a gem of an inswinging delivery, fooled the batsman into playing a wrong shot across the line and rearranged the furniture behind his back.

Dont you think its a matter of pride for him? Even if I would have been at his place I would have celebrated in that way, may be even more violently ( I would have been banned for the next to matches by the officials, thats a diff story ;) )

I will also celebrate as if there is no tomorrow. But i will NEVER use that world because the situation doesn't demands it. He never hit him for 6 sixes. He never stared at him nor did he said anything. I find it very odd.

I will also celebrate as if there is no tomorrow. But i will NEVER use that world because the situation doesn't demands it. He never hit him for 6 sixes. He never stared at him nor did he said anything. I find it very odd.

Well... Its all in the moment. This comes out so easily when you are pumped up.

I only care about Sachin's 100. As per Sehwag, he speaks mind and not diplomatic.

Well, he says what he feels and he does not care much for giving diplomatic statements or being politically correct.

Now put your hand on the heart and tell me, dont you deep within believe this BD team is ordinary? Havent the past told the same thing time and again? But we dont say this because we want to be diplomatic and he does not. Thats the only difference.

First this is agentleman's game so such statements have no place in cricket. Their are smarter ways to add pressure and hype.

Secondly, this team won against WI in WI so I have a lot of respect for this team and their bowlers proved that they are nop ordinary team.

Lets see how well the BD batsmen can perform.

Personally I don't endorse Sehwag's views, but I don't blame him for that. As always he kept it simple and spoke his mind. But being the captain of the side, when you speak you represent the whole team. So that wasn't a very smart comment from Sehwag. But I must say that his comment has generated some serious interest in the series. Just hope we don't get any more curtailed days. The match is nicely poised. Test cricket FTW...!!!

It is a classic case of someone trying to communicate in a language in which he is not deft at.

I think it has to do with attitude of the Indian cricket team too. They can't pull the same nonsense with LS or Pakistan but their attitude is to take BD easy.

Read the story below:

Last evening, in the hotel room, a relaxed Shakib Al Hasan refused to speak about Sehwag but told a story that perhaps was more revealing. It was from the eve of the game against India in the 2007 World Cup. Mashrafe Mortaza was chatting with a few Indian players, who apparently told him that the tournament schedule was very tight and they don't have many days to rest as they have to immediately travel to Bangladesh for a series.

The inherent assumption that India would reach the final stages of the tournament and they would knock out Bangladesh in that game stunned Mortaza, who went and narrated the incident to the team. "Mortaza steamed in and told us what happened and we were all charged up," Shakib remembered. "It felt special when we defeated them.

Guess who is ordinary now? | Cricket Features | Bangladesh v India 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Well Bharat were all out on second day 243/10 though we lost 58/3. 5 for al-hasan and 5 for shadat. I do not even care if we lose now because my bros has given them bharati a right size answer. Can't stand bharatis arrogance.

As we say in our country: Moidani dath banga jawab :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom