What's new

Classified 1962 war report revealed

I do not understand the logic behind keeping archives classified as long as it does not go against national interest. By keeping these documents (as in case of Netaji files) have done more damage to the Congressi government as it would have done if they promptly had published these files on request.

It was a blunder done by Indian Politicians and few from defense forces. I still remember my Uncle (Tau) in Sikh regiment (2/ Lt). They were trapped on a post for More than 2 wks. Fighting waves after waves of attacks from Chinese soldiers. They were short of ammo, had no food left and proper clothing. Sent many request for food/ ammo / reinforcements with no favorable response. Finally almost after 2 wks a big packet was air dropped. They lost 3 men to pick that packet and found that was consignment of caps.

They lost all men except 12 with few injured, including my Tau with 3 bullets in body. They found way down to plane and could save only 7 out of few hundreds.

It's pity that politicians playing with lives and honor of military man for sake of political gain. The report must be made public ASAP.

Strange. It isn't opening here either. :flood:
not here too...
you know what?
The report may not contain significantly new revelations about the poor state of India's forces during the war..infact it discusses "how the Army was ordered to challenge the Chinese military to a conflict it could only lose".
Nehruvian era ghosts I tell you !!

IN numerous books on Sino-Indian war, the fact has been revealed many times. Nothing new/classified about it.

Some background info.

BBC News - India climbdown may help China border dispute

By Subir Bhaumik
Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
17 April 2012

India has been reluctant to part with any portion of the disputed territory since the 1950s.

It rejected a swap offer made by China's former Prime Minister Zhou Enlai in 1960, asking India to recognise China's control of Aksai Chin in the west as a quid pro quo for China's recognition of the McMahon line.

After rejecting that offer, India initiated a "forward policy" to control the disputed territories in the Himalayas.

--------------

It was an open secret. Only thing we did not know is about the details.

not here too...
you know what?
The report may not contain significantly new revelations about the poor state of India's forces during the war..infact it discusses "how the Army was ordered to challenge the Chinese military to a conflict it could only lose".
Nehruvian era ghosts I tell you !!

If one reads Neville Maxwell's articles on the issue it's certain that the Report trashes Nehru's policies and his cronyism in no uncertain terms. The Report will help us reconcile better with China, given that the blame will be on our own Government for having triggered an avoidable War. It's of interest to War historians too, to check the differences between this report and the subsequent ones which were sympathetic rather than critical of the Government.

congress will go any limit to stop this report to the public.

It's not like the Janata Party or NDA made it public in their reign either. I am not hopeful that the next Government will do so either. Neville Maxwell is our brightest source of hope.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom