What's new

Clashes erupt in Kashmir following fire at Sufi shrine

The police and firemen are mostly Muslim Kashmiris. Its amazing how some Pakistanis are so brainwashed that they can understand what is happening.

Where does govt. or army involment come from? We don't have ISI backing LeJ type groups that bomb Sufi shrines in India.

The Holy Relics form the shrine are safe. And the shrine itself will be rebuilt by the Wakf board. The entire shrine was made of 200 year old wood and hence was suceptible to fire.

The police are looking at the sabotage angle and it would'nt be surprising if militants have done this because of two normal summers in a row in Kashmir where they has been total peace. Otherwise, why is it that when militants kill KAshmiris no one says anything. When the elected Panchayat officials are threatened with death for voting or participating. But this fire which was a natural disaster is suddenly brings them out and start protests?

Kashmir's Dastageer shrine gutted, holy relics safe - The Economic Times
Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine

Govt orders probe Lastupdate:- Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com

No doesn't. Show us some links, not biased ones. thanks.

I don't need to post links when you can google it yourself and receive the fitay mun, or as the kids say these days, the" facepalm" for yourself.

While you're at it, look up the Jamia Masjid which contained photos of Ayub Khan being taken over by the Indian forces and restricted to everyone.

@Bond

Our govt atleast doesn't destroy Sufi shrines...

Btw, I think burning of a Muslim shrine by Indian govt is very bad... See millions of cows getting slaughtered in the next few days...

Again Madrsa graduates jumping on to conclusion without any proof... do you have any proof that this fire was done by Indian government?

On the other hand in the "Islamic Republic of Pakistan"...

Pakistan Sufi shrine suicide attack kills 41... Suicide attackers have killed at least 41 people and wounded many more at a shrine in Pakistan, police say.

The explosions struck near the Sakhi Sarwar shrine in Punjab, as Sufi Muslim devotees gathered for an annual three-day festival.

BBC News - Pakistan Sufi shrine suicide attack kills 41

@Bond

Our govt atleast doesn't destroy Sufi shrines...

Btw, I think burning of a Muslim shrine by Indian govt is very bad... See millions of cows getting slaughtered in the next few days...

Yes , that will be a fantastic sight for you to sooth your eyes . Sick

it was a Shrine revered by some hindu Kashmiris as well

it's unfortunate that the fire brigades were slow to respond; damage could have been minimized.

hopefully we'll find out whether there was foul play or not

Foul play can be suspected if the response was slower than rest of country. In fact it was faster than rest of country. India is not US, our disaster management system is 3rd class.

I don't need to post links when you can google it yourself and receive the fitay mun, or as the kids say these days, the" facepalm" for yourself.

While you're at it, look up the Jamia Masjid which contained photos of Ayub Khan being taken over by the Indian forces and restricted to everyone.

I did google Chari Sharif, nothing of that sort came up, ditto with the other incident. If the information is so readily available on the internet you should be able to provide links.

If it was just another anti India fable you guys are fed, then don't worry about. Can't blame you.

Yes , that will be a fantastic sight for you to sooth your eyes . Sick

Dude I have slaughtered cow every year... I love seeing the animals die... After all what has God sent animals for? Definently for eating, no? You have probably seen a cow getting slaughtered also bro.

While you're at it, look up the Jamia Majid which contained photos of Ayub Khan being taken over by the Indian forces and restricted to everyone.

Since we are talking about "taking over of a Musjid"... how can we forget legendary Lal Masjid case !!!:azn:

The siege of Lal Masjid (Urdu: لال مسجد محاصرہ, code-named Operation Sunrise[10][11][12]) was a confrontation in July 2007 between Islamic fundamentalist militants and the Government of Pakistan. The conflict resulted in 154 deaths, and 50 militants were captured. The assault resulted in pro-Taliban rebels along the Afghanistan border nullifying a 10-month-old peace agreement with the Pakistani Government.[13] This event triggered the Third Waziristan War, which marked another surge in militancy and violence in Pakistan and has resulted in more than 3,000 casualties.[

Siege of Lal Masjid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. ...:devil:

Dude I have slaughtered cow every year... I love seeing the animals die... After all what has God sent animals for? Definently for eating, no? You have probably seen a cow getting slaughtered also bro.

Your wish to see thousands of cows slaughtered in India as revenge for an act which was a total accident, which is a holy animal for hindus obviously shows your hatred for hindus and hinduism .

Jinnah was so right . All hail jinnah for creating Pakistan . He is not only the father of India but also the father of modern India for doing us such a huge favour .

Neither does ours, so can it.

Maybe your aussie google is faulty. :lol:

The link seems to work fine over here. Hell even the wiki article, which you Indians hold dearer than God is working.

Neither does ours, so can it.

@neutral_person also

I think Kashmiri people know better. After all why woud they chant anti-India slogans after the burning? They probably knew that India had hand in it. Why, that Sri Nagar is close to freshwater lake where MARCOS operates, but still Fireman didn't have water and had to go back for a second round to get water?

Again, atleast our government doesn't set fire/destroy Sufi shrines.

Shrines in Pakistan get destroyed/bombed on almost weekly basis..if you are dumb enough to blame Indian govt for a fire in an old wooden building ..as per your logic, why can't Pakistani govt/agencies be the ones bombing your shrines?

Back
Top Bottom