What's new

Clashes erupt in Kashmir following fire at Sufi shrine

The police currently investigate the matter, do you trust them? Just see the reaction of Kashmiris' red faces toward police, firemen, and authorities. Maybe they knew something.

Police are local kashmiri and are Muslims also if you have thought about it. Even the fire fighters are local kashmiri so I don't get your reasoning.

Stop spreading lies. Firstly Indian army didn't destroy the shrine, and secondly no one is happy about it or supporting it.

And have your IA not done this in the past? Because I will post patterns of your jawans getting drunk and firing at Mosques, only to claim hours later when they are sober that the culprits were foreign militants.

The police currently investigate the matter, do you trust them? Just see the reaction of Kashmiris' red faces toward police, firemen, and authorities. Maybe they knew something.

The police is investigating the violence that occurred after the fire! You have some major comprehension issues.

And have your IA not done this in the past? Because I will post patterns of your jawans getting drunk and firing at Mosques, only to claim hours later when they are sober that the culprits were foreign militants.

Uh what? Source, otherwise save us your bs.

628x471.jpg

A Kashmiri Muslim schoolboy throws a stone at policemen during a protest after a fire broke at the nearly 200-year-old Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jeelani Shrine, popularly known worldwide as Ghaus-e-Azam or Dastgeer Sahab, in downtown Srinagar, India, Monday, June 25, 2012. Anti-India clashes between protesters and government forces erupted in the main city in Indian-controlled Kashmir Monday after the highly revered Muslim shrine was destroyed in a fire, police said. The cause of the fire is yet unknown.

Source? Sigh again. See this>> Clashes erupt in Kashmir after shrine fire - Connecticut Post

it was a Shrine revered by some hindu Kashmiris as well

it's unfortunate that the fire brigades were slow to respond; damage could have been minimized.

hopefully we'll find out whether there was foul play or not

Not just hindu Kashmiris . Shrines are visited by Hindus from across the country .

But i have to say something is seriously wrong with the people of Kashmir Valley .Who pelts stones on firefighters who have come to douse the fire ?These guys are fanatics .

These people really are very different form people of Jammu and Ladakh ,we should listen to Jammuites and Ladakhis demands and trifurcate the state of J&K .

628x471.jpg

Yeah well done, destroy all the fire tenders I say, next time there is a fire in one these goons house don't expect the fire tenders to show up.

Retarded Comment.. that sufi shrine was respected by Muslim's as well as Hindus... no logical reason for India to destroy it..

On the other hand- it is quite common in pakistan to destroy Sufi shrines as they consider it a "shirk"..

Sufi Shrine 'blown up by Taleban'
Sufi Islam and the Taleban
Suspected Taleban militants in north-west Pakistan have blown up the shrine of a 17th Century Sufi poet of the Pashtun language, police say.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Sufi Shrine 'blown up by Taleban'
Indians support their army destroying holy shrines and hurting the sentiments of the people in Indian Occupied Kashmir.

Way to go Bhartis! They will certainly want to join your Bharti Union now. :rofl:

@Bond

Our govt atleast doesn't destroy Sufi shrines...

Btw, I think burning of a Muslim shrine by Indian govt is very bad... See millions of cows getting slaughtered in the next few days...

628x471.jpg

Yeah well done, destroy all the fire tenders I say, next time there is a fire in one these goons house don't expect the fire tenders to show up.

The status remain unknown.

India: Fire broke out in 200-year-old shrine in Kashmir

SRINAGAR, India (Mon, Jun 25) – The over 200-year-old historical Peer Dastgeer Sahib shrine in Srinagar was devastated in a blaze here Monday morning although the authorities said all the relics of the 11th century saint were unharmed.

According to details; fire broke out inside the Peer Dastgeer Sahib Shrine in Khanyar locality of the city around 6.30 am today. Firefighters and emergency teams responded quickly as dozens of firefighters were trying to control the blaze. .

A senior officer of the local firefighting department said, "The firefighting is still going on at the shrine although the old wooden structure appears to have suffered massive damage. The cause of fire is being ascertained".

According to initial reports; there have been no casualties, but a few people are reported to be trapped inside the shrine.

The old wooden building has suffered extensive damage, reports said. It is not yet known what caused the fire.

Admiration for the 11th century saint in Indian held Kashmir cuts across religious barriers, while Muslims call the saint Ghaus-e-Azam, the Hindus worship the saint as Kahnoow.

Source? Sigh again. See this>>India: Fire broke out in 200-year-old shrine in Kashmir

I am done. :frown:

When you douse a flame with water, it makes a loud hiss.

Pakistani outbursts and separatist tendancy to clutch at straws are indicative of our success in the Kashmir theater.

Today,
Kashmiris have jobs to maintain, families to look after and kids, whose future needs to be secured.

Who has time to endorse a Pakistan backed separatist movement anyway ?

Back
Top Bottom