What's new

Civil Service reform : A confirmation of Disaster

Have you ever talked to a civil servant? or been in the presence of one? most of them are well read, competent people. their job is to do what the policy dictates, the policy is in turn set by "elected representatives", it is not for a civil servant to question the policy.

They are nothing special except for the fact that excel at English and cramming. And the services they render against a vast sum of public exchequer could be bought well at a price tag of 50-55k

hum nay to inn clerko say bhi ziada jaahil aur anparh logon ko charge dia hua hai mulk ka.

Democracy m avaam ki suni jaati hai na k apni efficient dikhai jaati hai and the system you seem to be vehemently defending is reserved for the colonial subjects not for people with free will

Democracy m avaam ki suni jaati hai na k apni efficient dikhai jaati hai and the system you seem to be vehemently defending is reserved for the colonial subjects not for people with free will
Aap ki kitni suni gayi pichlay 12 saalon main jamhuriyat kay?

They are nothing special except for the fact that excel at English and cramming. And the services they render against a vast sum of public exchequer could be bought well at a price tag of 50-55k
Can say the same about b.com directors running engineering companies.

Please mention the salary of a bps-22 officer (a secretary) and the salary of a director of a private corporation to backup your claim.

As I said we don't need no m. A pass secretary for nothing, an upper divisonal clerk working under a professional is enough to take charge of the documentational affairs of the department

Can say the same about b.com directors running engineering companies.
It's their money they can do whatever the want with it. Open a restaurant, own a company or a whatever. Atleast they buy high teas from their own pockets

however no official vehicle, villas, savory buffets, scholar ships for kids
only some "rich" departments and ministries provide all that. not all. and definitely no scholarships for kids. I know a person who retired form the post of secretary to PM (bps-21). doesnt even own a car. built a house way outside Islamabad.

It's their money they can do whatever the want with it. Open a restaurant, own a company or a whatever. Atleast they buy high teas from their own pockets
do not change the subject, and do not run around in circles, we are talking about professionals being in the right place. also, no, not talking about owners.

@fitpOsitive why don't you reveal your win story to s y a.

How come a lousy MA english secretary could deny an engineer funds for his PhD project and on what merits? Was he a professor of electrical department?

working under a professional
I will repeat my question: why will a "professional" come and work for the govt on contract with nothing in the name of compensation? and who will hire the said professional?

How come a lousy MA english secretary could deny an engineer funds for his PhD project and on what merits? Was he a professor of electrical department?
PhDs are not funded by secretaries. PhD research projects are not funded by ministries. same as they are not funded by an electric supply corporation. they are funded by HEC, or universities.

only some "rich" departments and ministries provide all that. not all. and definitely no scholarships for kids. I know a person who retired form the post of secretary to PM (bps-21). doesnt even own a car. built a house way outside Islamabad.

Ever visited any residence of a DC, adc, ac, dpo? Not even the chief justice of Pakistan has such mansions to dwell in. And where do they get their mini trucks from? 5 marlay ka quarter or sirf salary do in ko. Jis may Kam nae krna resign kry.

PhDs are not funded by secretaries. PhD research projects are not funded by ministries. same as they are not funded by an electric supply corp

@fitpOsitive?

Not even the chief justice of Pakistan has such mansions to dwell in
Please post the comparison of net compensation of CJ of Pakistan (a provincial HC judge will do too), and a secretary, to backup your claim.

Ever visited any residence of a DC, adc, ac, dpo?
ever worked as a DC or AC? you have to wake up even at 3am because some idiot person set fire to something because they were drunk/under influence, even though the police could have handled it? or do you ever have to make peace between two fighting tribes, with constant death threats being thrown at you and your family?

I will repeat my question: why will a "professional" come and work for the govt on contract with nothing in the name of compensation? and who will hire the said professional

You think this illiterate qabza mafia will ever let anyone with skills do anything? Not every nerd is used to taking bukkshit from a good for nothing babu so they leave the country. I don't believe in the anti semtic narrative peddled by the nazis against jews but They perfectly fit the Nazi depiction of German jews , they've hijacked our true potential .

Last edited:
@fitpOsitive why don't you reveal your win story to s y a.

See, every incapable bureaucrat has political backing behind him. That MA english might also had.
That PhD Electronics was also the brother of another bureaucrat, who is involved in extrajudicial killings. The same PhD did something with my career, that led ultimately me towards resignation from a govt job. Or phir lambi berozgari. If I write all those stories here, bhonchal aajay.
Problem is : no body likes to let power go from his hands. Whatever politician are doing now, they are just doing to get more powers. Nachaingy officers ko. Bureaucrats are on the side don't want to let go power, khulla khata.
I often have written, and will continue to write that Pakistan needs a better driving force. A force that is rich and have resources to get everyone on line.

Ever visited any residence of a DC, adc, ac, dpo? Not even the chief justice of Pakistan has such mansions to dwell in. And where do they get their mini trucks from? 5 marlay ka quarter or sirf salary do in ko. Jis may Kam nae krna resign kry.

@fitpOsitive?
That's all about balance in society. If state has money, then why not, but if state is poor than better not.

ever worked as a DC or AC? you have to wake up even at 3am because some idiot person set fire to something because they were drunk/under influence, even though the police could have handled it? or do you ever have to make peace between two fighting tribes, with constant death threats being thrown at you and your family?
This is the freaking problem. The govt machinery only gets into action when a single revered Duke of the city wakes up from his slumber. We need our own elected mayor to take care of the city with all bug guys working under him not a sarkari mulazim who got no stakes in that city and will wire our development funds back to the capitals to be a good puppy

This is the freaking problem. The govt machinery only gets into action when a single revered Duke of the city wakes up from his slumber. We need our own elected mayor to take care of the city with all bug guys working under him not a sarkari mulazim who got no stakes in that city and will wire our development funds back to the capitals to be a good puppy
lol, you didnt get the point at all did you? the duke didnt had to wake up. things were being handled just fine. but a matric fail politician and inter fail media reporter thinks that the presence of a DC is necessary.

only for field visits, people do misuse these things. there should be accountability.

Aik CD 70 milni chaheay coz guys from other departments work their everything off to get things prepared and these crooks take all the lime light.

What qualifies them to head every single govt entity in Pakistan. Hey iam gonna screw the interior now iam bored let's ransack the health department

Agr ap mehant or immandaari sy Kam kry gy to mulk taraqi kry GA. 14 August ka paygham.

That's the only contribution they offer to the professionals.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom