What's new

Civil-military leadership keen on testing JF-17 Thunder in Yemen

Yemenis are going to get killed, not because of PAF but because of the war that was triggered by the Houthis expansionism.
And Pakistan cannot decline a Saudi request because of our dependence on Saudi oil and dollars.
The best Pakistan can and should do is to negotiate for a good price.
The situation is the same as with uncle Sam after 9/11, "you are either with us or against us" and if choose to be against there is a price to pay, a price that Pakistan realistically cannot afford to pay

Exactly, but only this time Pakistan better decline. The last time we sides with Uncle Sam we burnt our own house. I'm sure most Pakistanis remember that episode and aren't in the mood of revisiting that period.

As for Saudi dollars and oil, the civilian leadership is answerable. They should send their own children to fight this war against the Houthis. I don't have a steel mill in Saudi Arabia to look after. People that do should send their family and kids to do the fighting. The Pak army has other more important tasks at hand such as cleaning up FATA and resorting peace inside Pakistan.

In reality, we know who is backing the Saudis. This war is being fought with Uncle Sam's blessing. It's crystal clear. The architects of this war are the Saudis along with Uncle Sam. Nope, we refuse to be part of this mess. Only mediation.

Last edited:
Well yes, Pakistan suffered a lot for joining Uncle Sam's war.
I hated Musharraf for the decision he took. But when I think about the alternatives, I can see the reason to what he did.
In reality the choice we had was not a choice but an ultimatum and Pakistan wasn't in a position to say no.
The same way we can not say no now. The consequences of a no to Saudi Arabia will be far and wide. Something that Pakistan cannot afford.

Exactly, but only this time Pakistan better decline. The last time we sides with Uncle Sam we burnt our own house. I'm sure most Pakistanis remember that episode and aren't in the mood of revisiting that period.

As for Saudi dollars and oil, the civilian leadership is answerable. They should send their own children to fight this war against the Houthis. I don't have a steel mill in Saudi Arabia to look after. People that do should send their family and kids to do the fighting. The Pak army has other more important tasks at hand such as cleaning up FATA and resorting peace inside Pakistan.

In reality, we know who is backing the Saudis. This war is being fought with Uncle Sam's blessing. It's crystal clear. The architects of this war are the Saudis along with Uncle Sam. Nope, we refuse to be part of this mess. Only mediation.

Well yes, Pakistan suffered a lot for joining Uncle Sam's war.
I hated Musharraf for the decision he took. But when I think about the alternatives, I can see the reason to what he did.
In reality the choice we had was not a choice but an ultimatum and Pakistan wasn't in a position to say no.
The same way we can not say no now. The consequences of a no to Saudi Arabia will be far and wide. Something that Pakistan cannot afford.

Agreed. We had little choice back then. Uncle Sam wasn't offering much of a choice apart from joining them or being condemned the stone age.

I don't think the Saudis will be threatening us to such an extent. The Saudis will have to understand our concerns. Of course, Pakistan relies on Saudis for oil/dollars, but should we become a gun for hire? I don't think so. I hope sanity prevails and the right decision is made.

That doesn't mean that Pakistan is alienating the Saudis. If the Saudis are ever attacked, Pak will be defending them by all means.

Last edited:
I agree we shouldn't be a mercenary country and should keep away from the mess that the US has created in the middle East.
But still the Saudi -Pak alliance means something as well.
There is the jobs and oil issue that I have already mentioned. But there is also the issue of being a reliable partner. Keep in mind how the Saudis helped when Pakistan conducted nuclear tests, just to give one example.
So again I have to say that I don't think Pakistan can say no to the Saudis.

Agreed. We had little choice back then. Uncle Sam wasn't offering much of a choice apart from joining them or being condemned the stone age.

I don't think the Saudis will be threatening us to such an extent. The Saudis will have to understand our concerns. Of course, Pakistan relies on Saudis for oil/dollars, but should we become a gun for hire? I don't think so. I hope sanity prevails and the right decision is made.

That doesn't mean that Pakistan is alienating the Saudis. If the Saudis are ever attacked, Pak will be defending them by all means.

I agree we shouldn't be a mercenary country and should keep away from the mess that the US has created in the middle East.
But still the Saudi -Pak alliance means something as well.
There is the jobs and oil issue that I have already mentioned. But there is also the issue of being a reliable partner. Keep in mind how the Saudis helped when Pakistan conducted nuclear tests, just to give one example.
So again I have to say that I don't think Pakistan can say no to the Saudis.

It's a very difficult matter. I'll give you that.

Very good move, I have been saying this for a while, Yemen conflict will be a good proving ground for A2G capabilities of JF17. Pakistan should absolutely go for it.

No. We cannot afford to have innocent Yemeni's getting killed in air strikes conducted by the Pak air force. This is already the case with Saudi air strikes. It will make the Yemeni's very hostile towards Pakistan. Pakistan can only fulfil a mediation role. Pakistan won't be conducting military operations.
with all due respect if I am not wrong PAF services is being used even in PAK..right?? You would not be going after innocent Yemini's but hard core terrorists....I understand your concern about collateral damage however unfortunately that is a reality of any war...

TTP is 1/3rd our population?
I was just telling that bharti that houthi rebels is just a terrorist group of yemen just like a TTP in pakistan.So his claim of our jets get tested on yemenis is another brainfart coming from the other side of the border.Yemen itself is fignthing agaisnt those rebels

Back
Top Bottom