What's new

Civil-military leadership keen on testing JF-17 Thunder in Yemen

hate as in?? there is already a conflict going on and lot of countries are involved...it is not as if Pakistan is going to turn the table head on...however in turn it would be good combat practice for your fighters as well the plane...no??
NO, most if not all the countries involved in the coalition are not exactly Iran's friendly neighbours.
Besides, the JF-17 has already been tested in attacks against militants close to Afghan border so it's not as if in Yemen the aircraft will face any better opposition.
Pakistan should only jump in if say Saudi sovereignty was threatened.

I think the Saudis are promising a JF-17 deal in return for troops or something similar.
Who will fly those in Yemeni theater? PAF pilots? if yes, not good. Instead, they should send them to attack ISIS butchers.
Not going to happen if I know our military right. exception to rule was war in Jordan where Gen Zia sided with the kingship of Jordan vs PLO.
after that PLO / Libya, Iraq marked us as their primary enemy and not only brought hijacked planes here in Pakistan but also conducted terrorism on behalf of USSR.

re Yemen
Saudis have enough coalition partners 10 and counting why do they need any more to take out some rag tag rebels with AK 47s? I am sure all those Saudi F-15s , Typhoon, UAE Mirage 2000s and Egyptian F-16s, Abrams and Apaches are more than a match for Houthis on toyota trucks with machine guns.

Last edited:
Yes i believe so, there's a grainy video showing PAF attacking the insurgents with JF-17 visible in the footage but here Saudis might be keen to see it in action.
The JF-17 were first deployed against the TTP in Operation Rah-e-Nijatthe in 2009 in South Waziristan and FATA soon after their induction in the PAF.

So it's possible they're being deployed in Op Zarb too though on a limited scale as the bulk of ground strikes are being carried out by the F-16s.

Yemen would be a good place to gauge the effectiveness of the Thunders as well as on-the-job training. However, the JF-17, though a multi role fighter, is basically meant for the air defence role and not much for close air support/interdiction as required in the Yemen conflict.

NO, most if not all the countries involved in the coalition are not exactly Iran's friendly neighbours.
Besides, the JF-17 has already been tested in attacks against militants close to Afghan border so it's not as if in Yemen the aircraft will face any better opposition.
Pakistan should only jump in if say Saudi sovereignty was threatened.
Saudis have no natural enemy capable to cause any threat to it. Israel and KSA are indifferent to each other and in many cases their friend and foe list matches exactly. and in case of Iran both are spearheading their efforts against Iran. Iran I am afraid is only capable of throwing world class rhetoric but it has a third rate military with some mid 19 century technology Saudi Police and paramilitary is more equipped than Iranian forces.

those Iranian missiles? their launchers would be blown up by Saudi F-15s before they even get the chance to deploy and if they do manage to throw some missile then they will be shot in the skies.
this is hard and fair analysis without any intent of insult towards Iranians. I support Iran in terms of its support for Iraq against ISIS and also support its Palestinian stance rest (like Yemen/ Syria) is controversial so I leave it.

rhetoric is good for exercising lungs and patriotism helps too but technology always wins

The JF-17 is only built to bomb Muslim civilian populations of Pakistan and now Yemen. The genocide of Muslims by Pakistan Army in East Pakistan, Balochistan and now in KPK. Then we caused death of 1 million Afghan Muslims by supporting Talibans. Now we will bomb Muslims in Yemen. Who needs enemies when we have friends like Pakistan Army !! Why don't use JF-17 to bomb terrorists in Karachi too.

Thanks for negative rating truth hurts !!

Last edited:
re Yemen
Saudis have enough coalition partners 10 and counting why do they need any more to take out some rag tag rebels with AK 47s? I am sure all those Saudi F-15s , Typhoon, UAE Mirage 2000s and Egyptian F-16s, Abrams and Apaches are more than a match for Houthis on toyota trucks with machine guns.

You are a very optimistic person by nature then, @Irfan Baloch...... apart from having a particular sense of humor. :lol:

Yemen would be a good place to gauge the effectiveness of the Thunders as well as on-the-job training. However, the JF-17, though a multi role fighter, is basically meant for the air defence role and not much for close air support/interdiction as required in the Yemen conflict.
standing together with Indians here on "Moral high ground"
I would say we dont need to bring out modest planes when Saudi 10+ coalitions have top tier shiny planes that money can buy. secondly we still have stranded Pakistanis in Yemen and instead of giving Houthis an excuse to expend all their anger on these Pakistanis (and Indians for mistaken identity) we should say haram haram and rush to India to attend Gandhi foundation's world seminar on "non-violence"

Not a good idea. Not a good idea at all. This will fuel only more hate.
We should never have gotten involved. Its Nawaz Sharif's close relationship with Saudi Arabia which saved him during Musharraf times that is partly th reason he cannot say no to Saudia.

The JF-17 is only built to bomb Muslim civilian populations of Pakistan and now Yemen. The genocide of Muslims by Pakistan Army in East Pakistan, Balochistan and now in KPK. Now we will bomb Muslims in Yemen. Who needs enemies when we have friends like Pakistan Army !! Why don't use JF-17 to bomb terrorists in Karachi too.

Why don't you fuk off to "pious" muslim lands preferably candy land with unicorns & other gay stuff... Evil Pak which kills poor muslims is a bad place.

Who needs enemies when we have asshole traitors who talk shit about their own country.

Hope Blk I is not used. Have heard it has issues which have been removed/upgraded in later Blk.

You are a very optimistic person by nature then, @Irfan Baloch...... apart from having a particular sense of humor. :lol:
its hardly a fair fight I mean really?
they even need Pakistanis?

oh wait

fck me (figuratively oay)

they want ground cannon fodder?

hell no. haram haram ya habbibi.

reminds me of South park's first movie where the American Africans are enlisted by the army to serve as the first wave front line of soldiers to fight with Canadians (last part of the movie)

and
The JF-17 is only built to bomb Muslim civilian populations of Pakistan and now Yemen. The genocide of Muslims by Pakistan Army in East Pakistan, Balochistan and now in KPK. Then we caused death of 1 million Afghan Muslims by supporting Talibans. Now we will bomb Muslims in Yemen. Who needs enemies when we have friends like Pakistan Army !! Why don't use JF-17 to bomb terrorists in Karachi too.

Thanks for negative rating truth hurts !!
you missed our role in black September
when Brigadier Zia defeated the PLO together with the Jordanian forces to claim the crown for the Hissain family.
I am really proud of that one.

PS: are you living in Karachi? you dont need JF-17 only a call by our local friendly Special branch person will be good enough

Get lost.
NO
we need him while Zarvan is wearing the pink saari
believe me it wasn't me:)

Original poster Allah kay leay dont quote sourcès like express tibune they are bunch of liars. Who is their source to this claim,?it wasnt mentioned in news.
app log thora khud socha karo before blindly following any news.
Et specializes in yellow crap journalism.
Do you think army would want to test it in yemen when they can use jf17 in fata and tirah valley against ttp, that our airforce has been fighting for quite a while now.
Plz use et as toilet rag not more.

its hardly a fair fight I mean really?
they even need Pakistanis?

oh wait

fck me (figuratively oay)

they want ground cannon fodder?

hell no. haram haram ya habbibi.

Now, now.... since when did preserving that big 'chair of gold' become haraam?
That is what its all about....... as for "cannon fodder"; how does it matter? as long as it is somebody else....nah? :D

Original poster Allah kay leay dont quote sourcès like express tibune they are bunch of liars. Who is their source to this claim,?it wasnt mentioned in news.
app log thora khud socha karo before blindly following any news.
Et specializes in yellow crap journalism.
Do you think army would want to test it in yemen when they can use jf17 in fata and tirah valley against ttp, that our airforce has been fighting for quite a while now.
Plz use et as toilet rag not more.

Not sure who is telling the truth and who is keen to keep us guessing. This news is also carried by the ET.

coalition-main.jpg

A photograph released by Saudi Brigadier General Ahmed Asiri after his discussion on the Operation ‘Decisive Storm’ started making the rounds on social media.

The photograph shows Asiri at the news briefing with 11 flags displayed behind him, including those of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

As the coalition’s air power targeted Yemen for the fourth day, Asiri said that there would be no safe haven for the militias in Yemen, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Since the Saudi-led intervention in Yemen began, Pakistan maintained that it had not joined the military coalition nor has it sent any military personnel to actively participate in any operation against the militia in Yemen.

A final decision on the matter can only be made once the high-level delegation which was involved in talks with Saudi officials on Wednesday brief Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif about the proposals and actions to be taken.

Once the photograph started making its rounds on social media, it was questioned why the flag was present among the others to which the spokesperson at the Foreign Office told a local newspaper

“I cannot speak for the government of Saudi Arabia. It is for them to comment on Pakistan’s flag amongst others at the press conference. Our views are very clear as have been articulated time and again and most recently by the PM himself.”
A statement from PM Nawaz’s office said “Pakistan remains firmly committed to supporting the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Saudi Arabia in accordance with the aspirations of the people of Pakistan, while also emphasising that Pakistan stands committed to playing a meaningful role in arresting the deteriorating situation in the Middle East.”

It was earlier noted that CNN had apologised to Pakistan for reporting that Pakistani fighter jets had taken part in the fighting in Yemen. Pakistan was named among other countries who were part of the Operation Decisive Storm.

Back
Top Bottom