What's new

Civil-military leadership keen on testing JF-17 Thunder in Yemen

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The civil-military leadership is keen on testing the newly-acquired JF-17 Thunder fighter jets in the Saudi-led intervention in Yemen, while the Kingdom has also expressed interest in trained personnel from Pakistan’s Armed Forces, sources present at a high-level meeting at the PM House confirmed.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif presided over a meeting on Thursday to discuss the situation pertaining to the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen.

With the deputy air chief present in the visiting delegation, sources from the PM House confirmed that civil military leadership was interested to see their JF17 Thunder’s used in KSA. He was further assigned the task to assess what could be offered to the Kingdom.

Although Saudi Arabia does not require air force equipment, they expressed interest in well trained personnel from the Pakistan Air Force who could offer their services to Saudi Arabia.

Thursday’s meeting comprising Khawaja Asif, Sartaj Aziz and representatives of the armed forces are said to brief PM Nawaz about their talks with the Saudi leadership and what proposals and decisions were put forward.

According to sources, Chief of General Staff Let General Ashfaq Nadeem has briefed the premier about meeting with his counterpart in Saudi Arabia.

Nadeem reportedly received details of how the armed forces of both countries should cooperate and at what time Pakistan will dispatch its troops to the Kingdom.

Sources added that chief of general staff was instructed to find out more about Saudi Arabia’s requirements how far Pakistan can meet them.

Nadeem previously served as DG Military Operations in Pakistan and has acquired relevant experience to assess the requirements, should the country need to deploy troops in the Kingdom.

During his interaction with the Kingdom’s authorities they revealed their military requirements, the strength required, time frame and equipment needed, the mode of training that will be used and how the forces will coordinate.

Saudi-led coalition: Civil-military leadership keen on testing JF-17 Thunder in Yemen - The Express Tribune

Yes i believe so, there's a grainy video showing PAF attacking the insurgents with JF-17 visible in the footage but here Saudis might be keen to see it in action.
I think the Saudis are promising a JF-17 deal in return for troops or something similar.

Yes i believe so, there's a grainy video showing PAF attacking the insurgents with JF-17 visible in the footage but here Saudis might be keen to see it in action.
Hmm, Cause whenever I heard it was F 16 mostly.

Its sad to see yamani peoples becoming test rats for pakistani army.

Hmm, Cause whenever I heard it was F 16 mostly.
PAF has been even using the Mirages and F-7s in it's operation against millitants.

Its sad to see yamani peoples becoming test rats for pakistani army.
For your high morals, there are currently ten countries involved in the coalition strikes against Yemen, Pakistan, is not even a party yet.

It may be a payback by KSA for Pakistani support to financially back a JF-17
acquisition by Yemen, that could make some kind of sense but honestly . . .
I think the civil military leadership has more pressing matters to attend to ATM!

8-) Tay.

ffor the JF17 bombing yemen is the perfect to advertise the plane
and should go asap
bring a lot of JF17 and bomb with saudi people will know more of the plane
(of topic i dont want pakistan to go there )

I said the same in some other thread...if you see logically this is not a bad option... Pakistan has anyways decided to support saudis here..so whatever diplomatic cost viz-a-vi Iran is there Pakistan is prepared to take it...now with that it is worth to test the aircraft in a conflict zone...there can't be any better way to horn skills and prove the world about combat effectiveness of JF-17....

Not a good idea. Not a good idea at all. This will fuel only more hate.
hate as in?? there is already a conflict going on and lot of countries are involved...it is not as if Pakistan is going to turn the table head on...however in turn it would be good combat practice for your fighters as well the plane...no??

what do you say about Indian occupied Kashmir
what is the need to bring off topic crap which will derail the thread??

Back
Top Bottom